Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

Comments

• Options
    I voted for Thomas.
    And he wonders why he never gets a Promote…

:-) 
    Give yourself a promote for this
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Really pleased for her. She does a lot for Charlton and her game too. 
    Don’t know her personally but think she’s been involved with being a Charlton rep for the Her Game Too stuff, involved with creating a sensory room on matchdays and trying to kick off an initiative (something like Better Together Charlton??) to support fans going through mental health issues, loneliness etc.  

Seems a very well intentioned doer. Good luck to her.  These awards are always very subjective imo. 
    Sounds like a really good effort. Shame she's a Wrexham fan - torn loyalties next season. 
  • Options
    I voted for Thomas because it was obvious Alfie would, deservedly, win by a mile.

Glad others saw TT's value to the squad.

Hope everyone had a good night.

On the £55, you're not paying that for the meal alone but to attend an event.

Not my sort of thing but clearly lots of people do enjoy these nights so long may they continue.

Well done to @killerjerrylee and everyone else involved in the organisation, not an easy task and congrats to all the winners.
    You mean the staffing, hosting and cooking for the event weren't free - Absolute shambles.

;o)
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Old and boring?

Entitled and spoilt footballers didn’t add ‘rich and stupid’?

Looks like a story based on hearsay with no audio evidence to back it up.

Our fans are well respected by all the footballers and football staff, as they so clearly demonstrated to the sell out away fans who took the trouble to go to the meaningless last game of the season at Wycombe.
  • Options
    edited April 29
    shirty5 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Oh dear, I take offfence to the boring part 
    I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket now. I'm only 35, but I am very boring. 

seth plum said:
    Old and boring?

Our fans are well respected by all the footballers and football staff, as they so clearly demonstrated to the sell out away fans who took the trouble to go to the meaningless last game of the season at Wycombe.
    Whilst legally determined as hearsay, It was a first person account of what was heard and it came from a female fan, who I don't see as having anything to gain from slandering the women's team players. 

I think sometimes you have to accept that you cannot speak for all the players opinions unless you directly hear what was said. To a twenty something woman, the views and opinions of people in their 40's plus, they may well come across as boring and old. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    seth plum said:
    Old and boring?

You are saying someone who has been to every game home and away this season has made it up?
    Not at all.
    Irony in play, but maybe badly put.
    I believe fans are generally exploited, but us fans are addicted.

• Options
    Some observations:

Aneke the MOST surprisingly nice guy going, actually approached fans as opposed to the other way round however...not the guy you want to have pull up next to you in the Gents
    With your user name, you definitely had a peek to know this. 
  • Options
    Glad to hear a lot of the men's players were nice lads. I don't hate the squad this year like I have in some recent years. I haven't really seen a lack of effort this season, just a lack of cohesion and ability in some cases. The last few seasons there's been a fair few wasters I wouldn't have wanted to spend any time with.

Disappointing about the women's team players. We don't know how many there were insulting the fans so it could have just been two or three and the rest might have been brilliant but it's not a good look to have any of them behaving like that. Emma also said the player on her table didn't stay at their table for the meal. Pretty easy for the club to work out who that was and I think she'll probably be getting a beating from Hills for it (or is off at the end of the season and doesn't care either way)
  • Options
    Didn’t stay for the meal.
  • Options
    Even though it was free?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Even though it was free?
    Can you leave this thread alone now, there have been some great posts above yours today from those who attended and enjoyed the night. 
    OK censor.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Even though it was free?
    Apparently she was vegan.
  • Options
    Some observations:

Dobson's mind is not made up. Said 'my Dad wants me to stay more than anyone', but more noteworthy is a real good guy for the club, very supportive of others and open to a chat. c600k fee rumored to be paid for him to break this contract

Coventry a real nice lad. Obviously gonna give it 'more to come' type chat, but felt sincere about his performances since arriving. Spoke interestingly about the shift of coming through a Prem academy and being told to play a certain way that when you play with L1 players who have not experienced that...essentially can make you look shitter than you are as the Prem trained player having to adjust. Was offered more wages to join here than 2 Champ teams in January and was sold the plan of being Top 10 Champ team in 5 years

Louis Watson basically bypassed as Jones had to play more direct way to get results and that didn't involve more stylistic midfielders. Karoy/Dobson/Bakinson played more to the detriment of any combo of Camara/Watson minutes for this reason

Tennai Watson surprisingly chatty and really friendly guy. Spoke positively of being here and really happy, lives in Kidbrooke with his Mrs. Slightly funny how a lot of the players are now stationed in Kidbrooke (obviously know of the regeneration but just pretty funny to think that footballers would reside there vs common perception of the place growing up)

Aneke the MOST surprisingly nice guy going, actually approached fans as opposed to the other way round however...not the guy you want to have pull up next to you in the Gents

Couple of the loan players did turn up which thought was a nice touch. Unsure if it hints to a deal for next season or just that they are a decent pro, but Bakinson in attendance coupled with the fact he played a fair bit under Jones makes me think could be something there

May likes a drink lol

Apparently they all have meetings on Wednesday with Jones which I guess is a bit of a year end appraisal/see you later for some of them

As a general comment the players all seemed really nice, friendly not any ego on show. Think its been well known that this season is slightly different in the hate from fans towards mgmt as opposed to players, there has been effort and humility to the players just a slight lack of quality and direction sadly
    Great Post. Thanks for sharing.

If the fee we would have to pay to buy Dobson out of his contract really is £600k then its surely goodbye George.
  • Options
    Some observations:

Dobson's mind is not made up. Said 'my Dad wants me to stay more than anyone', but more noteworthy is a real good guy for the club, very supportive of others and open to a chat. c600k fee rumored to be paid for him to break this contract

Coventry a real nice lad. Obviously gonna give it 'more to come' type chat, but felt sincere about his performances since arriving. Spoke interestingly about the shift of coming through a Prem academy and being told to play a certain way that when you play with L1 players who have not experienced that...essentially can make you look shitter than you are as the Prem trained player having to adjust. Was offered more wages to join here than 2 Champ teams in January and was sold the plan of being Top 10 Champ team in 5 years

Louis Watson basically bypassed as Jones had to play more direct way to get results and that didn't involve more stylistic midfielders. Karoy/Dobson/Bakinson played more to the detriment of any combo of Camara/Watson minutes for this reason

Tennai Watson surprisingly chatty and really friendly guy. Spoke positively of being here and really happy, lives in Kidbrooke with his Mrs. Slightly funny how a lot of the players are now stationed in Kidbrooke (obviously know of the regeneration but just pretty funny to think that footballers would reside there vs common perception of the place growing up)

Couple of the loan players did turn up which thought was a nice touch. Unsure if it hints to a deal for next season or just that they are a decent pro, but Bakinson in attendance coupled with the fact he played a fair bit under Jones makes me think could be something there

May likes a drink lol

Apparently they all have meetings on Wednesday with Jones which I guess is a bit of a year end appraisal/see you later for some of them

As a general comment the players all seemed really nice, friendly not any ego on show. Think its been well known that this season is slightly different in the hate from fans towards mgmt as opposed to players, there has been effort and humility to the players just a slight lack of quality and direction sadly

If the fee we would have to pay to buy Dobson out of his contract really is £600k then its surely goodbye George.
    But if the Yanks are going to put their hands in their pockets then it should be expected to spend big.
    Dobson has to stay.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    If true they should remember who paid for their night out.
  • Options
    Fifty five pounds. Your having a giraffe. 
    Fifty five pounds to pay for 60 plus people that I dont know to have a meal. I dont understand it. 
    You do realise this is the worst ever squad in our history and you want to brown nose around them. They should be treating the fans to dinner. They can afford it. I hope no one demeans themselves by having selfies or asking for autographs. You can eat cheaper with better food and surroundings up the shard or any number of London restaurants. More money than sense comes to mind. Good luck to anyone that is seated next to Taylor or Bakinson. Polite, crawling conversation . No thanks. The one question I would put to a player is, have you no shame for the season you have delivered  and now have the audacity to ponce meals off fans? Hope everyone has a thoroughly miserable evening. You all deserve each other. 
    When someone makes a post like this, is it just me that tries to guess who liked it?
    I guessed one right. 
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Some observations:

May likes a drink lol

But if the Yanks are going to put their hands in their pockets then it should be expected to spend big.
    Dobson has to stay.
    As much as I love Dobbo, £600k is a lot of money considering he was ours to sign for free.