Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the year dinner - Sun 28th April, bookings closed (p4)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Some observations:

Dobson's mind is not made up. Said 'my Dad wants me to stay more than anyone', but more noteworthy is a real good guy for the club, very supportive of others and open to a chat. c600k fee rumored to be paid for him to break this contract

Coventry a real nice lad. Obviously gonna give it 'more to come' type chat, but felt sincere about his performances since arriving. Spoke interestingly about the shift of coming through a Prem academy and being told to play a certain way that when you play with L1 players who have not experienced that...essentially can make you look shitter than you are as the Prem trained player having to adjust. Was offered more wages to join here than 2 Champ teams in January and was sold the plan of being Top 10 Champ team in 5 years

Louis Watson basically bypassed as Jones had to play more direct way to get results and that didn't involve more stylistic midfielders. Karoy/Dobson/Bakinson played more to the detriment of any combo of Camara/Watson minutes for this reason

Tennai Watson surprisingly chatty and really friendly guy. Spoke positively of being here and really happy, lives in Kidbrooke with his Mrs. Slightly funny how a lot of the players are now stationed in Kidbrooke (obviously know of the regeneration but just pretty funny to think that footballers would reside there vs common perception of the place growing up)

Aneke the MOST surprisingly nice guy going, actually approached fans as opposed to the other way round however...not the guy you want to have pull up next to you in the Gents

Couple of the loan players did turn up which thought was a nice touch. Unsure if it hints to a deal for next season or just that they are a decent pro, but Bakinson in attendance coupled with the fact he played a fair bit under Jones makes me think could be something there

May likes a drink lol

Apparently they all have meetings on Wednesday with Jones which I guess is a bit of a year end appraisal/see you later for some of them

As a general comment the players all seemed really nice, friendly not any ego on show. Think its been well known that this season is slightly different in the hate from fans towards mgmt as opposed to players, there has been effort and humility to the players just a slight lack of quality and direction sadly
    Great Post. Thanks for sharing.

If the fee we would have to pay to buy Dobson out of his contract really is £600k then its surely goodbye George.
    the question surely is would £600k buy us a better replacement?
    It probably would if we had a competent recruitment team, but all the evidence suggests that we don’t 
  • Options
    Some observations:

Dobson's mind is not made up. Said 'my Dad wants me to stay more than anyone', but more noteworthy is a real good guy for the club, very supportive of others and open to a chat. c600k fee rumored to be paid for him to break this contract

Coventry a real nice lad. Obviously gonna give it 'more to come' type chat, but felt sincere about his performances since arriving. Spoke interestingly about the shift of coming through a Prem academy and being told to play a certain way that when you play with L1 players who have not experienced that...essentially can make you look shitter than you are as the Prem trained player having to adjust. Was offered more wages to join here than 2 Champ teams in January and was sold the plan of being Top 10 Champ team in 5 years

Louis Watson basically bypassed as Jones had to play more direct way to get results and that didn't involve more stylistic midfielders. Karoy/Dobson/Bakinson played more to the detriment of any combo of Camara/Watson minutes for this reason

Tennai Watson surprisingly chatty and really friendly guy. Spoke positively of being here and really happy, lives in Kidbrooke with his Mrs. Slightly funny how a lot of the players are now stationed in Kidbrooke (obviously know of the regeneration but just pretty funny to think that footballers would reside there vs common perception of the place growing up)

Aneke the MOST surprisingly nice guy going, actually approached fans as opposed to the other way round however...not the guy you want to have pull up next to you in the Gents

Couple of the loan players did turn up which thought was a nice touch. Unsure if it hints to a deal for next season or just that they are a decent pro, but Bakinson in attendance coupled with the fact he played a fair bit under Jones makes me think could be something there

May likes a drink lol

Apparently they all have meetings on Wednesday with Jones which I guess is a bit of a year end appraisal/see you later for some of them

As a general comment the players all seemed really nice, friendly not any ego on show. Think its been well known that this season is slightly different in the hate from fans towards mgmt as opposed to players, there has been effort and humility to the players just a slight lack of quality and direction sadly

If the fee we would have to pay to buy Dobson out of his contract really is £600k then its surely goodbye George.
    And this to me is the key.
    We know what we're getting with Dobson, he's got to stay.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Some observations:

May likes a drink lol

It probably would if we had a competent recruitment team, but all the evidence suggests that we don’t 
    Scott is history.....hopefully.
  • Options
    The recruitment overall will be dictated by how much money there is to spend.
    One cornerstone of our better years is making a little go a long way, that is the challenge, playing the hand you're eventually dealt, not moan and give up if you haven't been dealt a full house.
  • Options
    As far as the women's team is concerned, we had Mel Filis on our table. Despite being a loan player she turned up (obviously), and she was chatty and good company. She had a lot of time for Karen Hills, said she had helped her development no end. She still has a year to run at West Ham, but she certainly wasn't adverse to making the move to the Valley if it works out that way. I don't think she would have been one slagging off us oldies, she didn't seem bored... 🤔🤞😏     
  • Options
    As far as the women's team is concerned, we had Mel Filis on our table. Despite being a loan player she turned up (obviously), and she was chatty and good company. She had a lot of time for Karen Hills, said she had helped her development no end. She still has a year to run at West Ham, but she certainly wasn't adverse to making the move to the Valley if it works out that way. I don't think she would have been one slagging off us oldies, she didn't seem bored... 🤔🤞😏     
    Not quite the same thing but that last bit made this come to mind 😆

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Not quite the same thing but that last bit made this come to mind 😆

Luckily the missus sat between me and her, or she wouldn't have stood a chance...  :D:#