Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Brazil (C4) - KO: 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Chilwell is having a mare 
    Better off playing Gomez there. You can see why he has preferred Trippier there over Chilwell.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez coming on. Is this the first time that three former Charlton players have played for England in the same game? 
  • Options
    Yessss... Joe Gomez coming on, with Brazil having Joao Gomes on the pitch - My life is complete
  • Options
    Joe Gomez coming on. When was the last time two Charlton ex players on the pitch at the same time for England?
  • Options
    Joe Gomez coming on. When was the last time two Charlton ex players on the pitch at the same time for England?
    Three
  • Options
    Joe Gomez coming on. Is this the first time that three former Charlton players have played for England in the same game? 
    Yeah was wondering this myself

Last time I can think of us having two ex-Charlton players would have been Jenkinson and Shelvey potentially against San Marino?
  • Options
    Shit I’ve  missed the third ? Help me… oh Connor. But he was just a loan. Konsa and Gomez proper Charlton.
  • Options
    Parker and bent maybe?
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Brownie12 said:
    Parker and bent maybe?
    Carson and Bent faced Croatia in McClaren's last game.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Parker and bent maybe?
    Luke Young had some caps around that time too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah was wondering this myself

Last time I can think of us having two ex-Charlton players would have been Jenkinson and Shelvey potentially against San Marino?

Pope and Gallagher have been on the pitch at the same time for England
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    There were 2 Charlton players when we won the World Cup. 
    3 if you include Bobby Moore who was a Charlton supporter. 
    Straw clutching I know 
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Are we allowed to count Mainoo seeing he made his debut against us? - Albie Morgan taught him everything he knows
  • Options
    England 1-3 Australia 2003 friendly had in the squad: 

Konchesky, Mills, Murphy, Parker, Jeffers. 

No wonder we lost that game. 
  • Options
    would be even better if the commentator was a Brummie
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Just me or was that clearly offside with the initial pass? 
  • Options
    Dunk is totally out of his depth here … terrible header to give the ball away 
  • Options
    Absolutely horrific from Dunk there. Would be disappointed with that at Sunday league level.
  • Options
    No idea what Lewis Dunk was doing there heading it into the ground at their bloke’s feet. Rather have Maguire back…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 23
    There is... isnt there?

Both Brazilians looked clearly offside
  • Options
    Crap defending, but no idea how that first ball wasn't offside. They both looked off!
  • Options
    Initial ball was miles off surely?
  • Options
    Yeah I was asleep on the sofa. Woke up to see the replay. Both of them looked well offside from the first pass
  • Options
    edited March 23
    It's friendly so who cares anyway but thought it was clearly off. 
  • Options
    They were being played on by an England player on the far side IMO
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Dunk is totally out of his depth here … terrible header to give the ball away 
    Absolutely- shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. Feels like he has replaced Coady as the odd selection.
  • Options
    I know it is a friendly but we have made Brazil look good.  They have been poor of late but they have been good on the break against, at times, a ponderous England.
  • Options
    Without Kane we don't really look like scoring.
  • Options
    Cut of grass shows Rice is playing Vinicius Jr, the player who receives the pass, onside.

Rice standing on the lighter cut, Vinicius in the darker cut.