Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Brazil (C4) - KO: 7pm

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    @Braziliance have you just plucked Tomori's name out of thin air? Why should he be playing right now when he's only just returned from a hamstring injury and has only appeared in 5 games in 2024? Have you actually watched Serie A games recently?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    @Braziliance have you just plucked Tomori's name out of thin air? Why should he be playing right now when he's only just returned from a hamstring injury and has only appeared in 5 games in 2024? Have you actually watched Serie A games recently?
    He has appeared over 100 times for AC Milan.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He has appeared over 100 times for AC Milan.
    Yes, but he picked up an injury in December and only got back in March. He's played in 5 games since, all of them in March. Three of them were league games. The first one he played 9 minutes, the second he started and was subbed after 63 minutes and the third he started and was subbed after 84 minutes. He played two Europa games this month as well where he was subbed on at half time in the first one and subbed off at half time in the second. He hasn't completed 90 minutes since the 17th December. Milan are clearly easing him back from injury so an England squad is the last thing he needs. It would have been insane to call him up for this squad. He did make the last two friendly squads though.
  • Options
    When he was in form and part of a league winning AC Milan side he was overlooked. 

I didn't say right now, I meant generally. He's been there since 2021/22. If he was fully fit, he wouldn't be starting games and I doubt he'd be called up for the Euros as he's been snubbed previously.
  • Options
    No you said you'd have him on the bench, minimum, and you claimed it's ridiculous he's not in the squad.

He was in the November squad, and only missed this squad due to just coming back from an injury.

I know full well how many times he's played for AC Milan thanks. 

Essentially, to try and prove a point, you've ended up going in circle and talking horseshit
  • Options
    edited March 26
    sam3110 said:
    No you said you'd have him on the bench, minimum, and you claimed it's ridiculous he's not in the squad.

He was in the November squad, and only missed this squad due to just coming back from an injury.

I know full well how many times he's played for AC Milan thanks. 

Essentially, to try and prove a point, you've ended up going in circle and talking horseshit
    I was generally speaking, where he has been snubbed for years. 

He will probably be fit by the time the Euros comes around, and I doubt he will make the team even then.

Good to hear. Do you see how annoying it is when someone tries undermining how much knowledge they may have on a player when we all have access to Google? 

There is far too much sass/zip in your posts for my liking tbh, either post normally or politely, don't bother. 
  • Options
    But he hasn't been snubbed for years, he's only been in Italy for 3 years, and 2 years ago you'd have been insane to pick him over who we took to the world cup based on form and squad integration. 

My main point is for some who appears to be so knowledgeable on football.wider than Charlton Athletic, you seem to fail to realise why Tomori didn't make the latest squad, and when pulled up on it, you go defensive and backtrack and claim that you were speaking generally when it definitely comes across otherwise. 

You don't like my reply, water off a ducks back mate, but I don't like your haughty tone seemingly trying to come across as some oracle of world football, especially when you get pulled up on something you got wrong. 

Anyway, end of conversation, IMO 
  • Options
    Handbags!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    But he hasn't been snubbed for years, he's only been in Italy for 3 years, and 2 years ago you'd have been insane to pick him over who we took to the world cup based on form and squad integration. 

My main point is for some who appears to be so knowledgeable on football.wider than Charlton Athletic, you seem to fail to realise why Tomori didn't make the latest squad, and when pulled up on it, you go defensive and backtrack and claim that you were speaking generally when it definitely comes across otherwise. 

You don't like my reply, water off a ducks back mate, but I don't like your haughty tone seemingly trying to come across as some oracle of world football, especially when you get pulled up on something you got wrong. 

Anyway, end of conversation, IMO 
    I don't try and come across as an oracle and I don't intend to, so I am afraid that's your perception. I also don't appear anyway or want to. I haven't backtracked at all, I've stood on what I have said. There is a general view that Tomori has been overlooked. If you don't think that's the case, fine, just please don't be sassy about it when it doesn't impact either one of us whether it's deemed right or wrong.

I also don't think I can be wrong tbf as it is my view on a player and how a manager handled him. A personal view, I am not saying it with certainty or intending to, this is my view. 

I don't mind the challenge of the reply, it's the way it reads to me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options