Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Brazil (C4) - KO: 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Dunk is totally out of his depth here … terrible header to give the ball away 
    Absolutely- shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. Feels like he has replaced Coady as the odd selection.
    Whereas we have a centre-back currently 2nd in the league playing in Italy not being allowed a chance. 
  • Options

• Options
    England 1-3 Australia 2003 friendly had in the squad: 

Konchesky, Mills, Murphy, Parker, Jeffers. 

No wonder we lost that game. 
    Parker didn't play. The other four all came on as subs and we basically put out two different sides in making all 11 changes between the 45th and 53rd minutes. 
  • Options
    I hate the number of substitutes in games these days.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Dunk is totally out of his depth here … terrible header to give the ball away 
    Absolutely- shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad. Feels like he has replaced Coady as the odd selection.
    Whereas we have a centre-back currently 2nd in the league playing in Italy not being allowed a chance. 
    Yeah, I don’t understand the thinking there. Particularly as Tomori is versatile.  
  • Options
    Been a pretty forgettable 2nd half from England. Yes its a friendly but our defence is still a worry and without Kane we're nowhere near as dangerous going forward.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Just me or was that clearly offside with the initial pass? 
    They were being played on by an England player on the far side IMO
    The goalscorer looked offside. He wouldn't have been there to tap it in if he hadnt had a head start. And don't give me that "different phase of play" crap.....the ball was saved & it fell into his path. Hardly a different phase of play.
  • Options
    Bring Pickford up! Why not?
  • Options
    I can't see Dunk ever playing a minute in a tournament. 

Can't read too much into this but the 4 CB back line has been painful. No creativity.
  • Options
    Lacklustre. I blame Nike 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunk instead of Tomori is basically the criticisms of Southgate in a nutshell. 

Has his favourites that he will fit into his squad no matter how terribly they're playing or the alternatives available. 
  • Options
    Just me or was that clearly offside with the initial pass? 
    They were being played on by an England player on the far side IMO
    The goalscorer looked offside. He wouldn't have been there to tap it in if he hadnt had a head start. And don't give me that "different phase of play" crap.....the ball was saved & it fell into his path. Hardly a different phase of play.
    The goalscorer was also onside from the rebounded shot.
  • Options
    Waste of time. Side filled with players that know they will never break Gareth's beloved 14, so why give a shit?
  • Options
    Good grief bring back Nathan Jones’ tricky reds. International friendlies are the worst 
  • Options
    Compare the team we finished with to a front 4 of Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka….. And put Shaw, Walker back into the defence. 

Cant really read much into this. That’s not our team.
  • Options
    Pretty crap, too many players had off days but when have these friendlies ever been good.
  • Options
    edited March 23
    Compare the team we finished with to a front 4 of Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka….. And put Shaw, Walker back into the defence. 

Cant really read much into this. That’s not our team.
    The Luke Shaw that has only played 12 games because he's been injured all season? 

Don't expect him to be fit for the summer. We may be stuck with this version of Chilwell. 
  • Options
    Can’t see why Southgate puts Toney in the squad and he gets no game time . 
    How do you know he won't? Kane is injured so maybe Watkins and Toney will play 45 each? Or Watkins plays tonight and Toney plays against Belgium.
    Told you so . No Game Time again . Southgate pisses me of some times . 
  • Options
    We never get a result against Brazil.

Missing Kane, missing Saka, Bellingham kicked around the pitch and Foden going missing when he’s played out wide as per usual.
  • Options
    Pretty crap, too many players had off days but when have these friendlies ever been good.
    No never. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 23
    Was there a face on Brazils left arm of their shirt, anyone know who it is or is it just my dodgy eyes
  • Options
    I sure he’ll go on to be a very good player, but the way they’re all coming in their pants over this young Brazilian lad is fucking embarrassing.
  • Options
    Bore fest. 
  • Options
    Was there a face on Brazils left arm of their shirt, anyone know who it is or is it just my dodgy eyes
    Looked like the swaps from a World Cup sticker book
  • Options
    Was there something in the commentary about someone who played for  and managed the Brazil national team - perhaps it was whoever they was 
  • Options
    I’m not sure how long or even if the FA will realise we will never ever win anything whilst we have Mr Negative in charge ! Yes he will get us qualified, yes he will get us to the later stages of tournaments but so he should literally any manager would with the current crop of players but the second we meet a decent team the bloke is like a rabbit in the headlights and stifles any talent for fear of losing. Offer Klop a fortune and watch us win the next WC
  • Options
    timken said:
    do charlton get money for an england debut for konsa?

I think it’s usually structured only for a full cap……at least it always used to be…..maybe friendly’s are now included in some deals.
  • Options
    I’m glad I went out and missed it.
  • Options
    timken said:
    do charlton get money for an england debut for konsa?

I think it’s usually structured only for a full cap……at least it always used to be…..maybe friendly’s are now included in some deals.
    Even if it was , we sold him to Brentford and now he’s at Villa . That deal would have expired .