Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley : Saturday 6th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Hi One and All..
Today is the second in the trio of home matches where we were all looking forward to getting some points on the table, and after last Monday's dull 0-0 match against Stevenage, where it is safe to say we were not at our best!!...(Understatement of the Day)... So today we will need to show a great deal of improvement and fight to overcome a Barnsley side with an impressive away record, unbeaten in their last 11 games on the road...so hi time Barnsley had their first defeat in some time ain't it, and what better place for that to happen but on the Hallowed Turf....but hey, don't forget, we are also on a good unbeaten run ourselves right, ...🤷‍♂️

Charlton and Barnsley have gone toe-to-toe on 55 previous occasions winning 21, the Tykes 18 and the remaining 16 clashes ending all square, we last met at Oakwell back in December 2023, when Corey Blackett-Taylor netted for the Addicks in a 1-1 draw, how many times has that statistic come up regarding CBT...🙄

Anyway, here we go,,,

Kayne Ramsay returns to the Charlton starting line-up for today’s game against Barnsley.

The January signing, who hasn’t played since getting injured against Lincoln City in early February, takes the place of Tennai Watson who was substituted in the second half of Monday’s game against Stevenage.

Karoy Anderson, who was rested on Monday, and Macaulay Gillesphey, who missed the game with a minor injury, also return to the starting XI with Rarmani Edmonds-Green and Freddie Ladapo moving to the substitutes bench.

Terell Thomas, Michael Hector and Gillesphey start in a back three in front of former Tyke Harry Isted.

Ramsay and Thierry Small are expected to operate as wing-backs with Anderson joining Conor Coventry and skipper George Dobson in midfield.

Alfie May starts up front alongside Daniel Kanu.

Edmonds-Green and Ladapo are joined on the substitutes bench by Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Tyreeq Bakinson, Tyreece Campbell, Kazenga LuaLua and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Isted; Thomas, Hector, Gillesphey; Ramsay, Coventry, Dobson (c), Anderson, Small; May, Kanu

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Edmonds-Green, Bakinson, Campbell, LuaLua, Aneke, Ladapo

Comments

• Options
    Still no Wickham or Jones
  • Options
    Great to see Ramsay back, not surprised to only see one of the three (Ramsay / Wickham / Jones) involved, seeing that Hart said on Thursday that there would be possible involvement.

Dont think I'd want to see all three of them, on those comments
  • Options
    Interesting that REG is the one to miss out, rather than Thomas.

Looking forward to seeing Ramsay.
  • Options
    No Brownie or Curbs on Charlton TV, are they off playing golf?
  • Options
    Interesting to hear an outsiders view of CAFC, but I miss Curbs and Brownie.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    No Brownie or Curbs on Charlton TV, are they off playing golf?
    Or Minto.

Day out on the beer I reckon :-)
  • Options
    Minto was on talksport this morning
  • Options
    As Ali Maxwell is on, will watch the programme when it's available on catch-up.
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Minto was on talksport this morning
    Oh no, he hasn't deserted Charlton TV to report from Palace, has he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it will be interesting hearing how these three gel regarding the chat, Lisbie and Charlotte are usually very good...
  • Options
    Gotta lot of time for Ali, good knowledge of this League.
  • Options
    Interesting that REG is the one to miss out, rather than Thomas.

Looking forward to seeing Ramsay.
    Especially if Thomas is on the right of the three.
  • Options
    Anyone else not able to log in to Charlton TV or just me?
  • Options
    Interesting to hear an outsiders view of CAFC, but I miss Curbs and Brownie.
    Doesn't Curbs go on holiday once we're safe?
    Or when we're shit and he can't stand watching us when the alternative is the Caribbean ...
  • Options
    Anyone else not able to log in to Charlton TV or just me?
    Never mind it’s just the Charlton app that’s broken - able to log in fine on the website.
  • Options

Piss poor crowd in so far.

Owners Out!
    If the owners leave the ground it’s only you and you mate left.

Piss poor is not the word.

• Options
    Jones has his favourites it seems.

And once again we ruin a player. Connor Wickham plays 20 mins & that's the last we see of him. 
  • Options
    Dobson & Coventry again. Doubt we'll see much of the ball in the final third 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got there just too late for a free Jameson's 
  • Options
    Sorry, I am on my phone today so not many updates
  • Options
    15:02, sponsors photos in centre circle.

Should have kicked off by now.

F***ing amateur organisation, it boils my p155.
  • Options
    Customary 3.04 kickoff time
  • Options
    C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    15:03 Kick off (at last).

We're kicking towards the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Portsmouth 1-0 Shrewsbury
  • Options
    It is indeed TT on the right, Hector.central and Gilly on the left
  • Options
    Pompey 1-0
  • Options
    edited April 6
    Portsmouth 1-0 Shrewsbury
    Sounds like an early goal ... but they probably kicked off half hour before us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!