Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Barnsley : Saturday 6th April 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Charlton Corner!

• edited April 6
    Portsmouth 1-0 Shrewsbury
    Sounds like an early goal ... but they probably kicked off half hour before us.
    No, 3 minute OG, although when you always kickoff late, any early goal seems wrong 
  • Ooh, lucky escape!

Long ball from Barnsley, striker got to ball ahead of onrushing Isted but his lob when well over.
  • Now back down the other end for a Charlton corner.
  • Must have been offside...so close to an early Barnsley chance lofted over the bar from 30 yards(ish)
  • Decent first 5 minutes. Reckon we're gonna win this
  • I didn't really need to say what happened with the corner.

It's been more exciting in the opening 5 minutes today than the entirety of Monday's snoozefest.
  • Hector making an absolute mug out of the oppo just then. I think he would have flourished under NJ if he was fit earlier on
  • See their tactics already, quick ball over the top to catch us out, need to ne on our toes today with that one
  • Sponsored links:

• Why is there an advert for an event that took place a month ago popping up on the pitch side boards? 
  • edited April 6
    Long ball upfield by Gillespiesphey but good hassling by Dobbo to force a corner on the left.
  • <CTRL+V> Comes to nothing.

(Except ridicule for being so shit it went into the side netting)
  • Come on May ffs
  • Eff me. Is there no-one at this club who can take a corner?
  • Looked like he tripped him to me
  • Gribbo said:
    Come on May ffs
    Helpful.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Looked like he tripped him to me
    Who, what, how?
  • Hmmm.

Did Hector get away with one there?

Striker tried to turn him by corner of 6 yard box and went down under a challenge, goal kick given.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got away with that one Hector, silly tackle on Cole in the box...could have been a pen...
  • Quiet all round.

Only 1 goal in Championship & the same in League 1.
  • Referee has left his whistle at home. Seems determined to give no free kicks. Looked a clear penalty on Cole. 
  • Got away with that one Hector, silly tackle on Cole in the box...could have been a pen...
    Have we finally found a homer!
  • Quiet all round.

One good result in Premier 😁
  • Can’t understand why we are persisting with May on corners. I would say he’s actually quite bad at them. Coventry’s, when he taken them, have generally been an improvement on most our takers this season, not that that is a high bar to clear. 
  • ross1 said:
    Quiet all round.

One good result in Premier 😁
    And a cracking one in the Championship 😃
  • edited April 6
    3:20pm and only two goals scored across the top three tiers of England (25 matches ongoing).
  • Come on Alfie, maybe a pass there would have been a better option...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!