Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pets

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:
    Here’s our dopey cat Bright (probably the most inappropriate name ever)

Mate, I could be thinking of someone else or have completely made this up in my own mind. Did you have a cat that chopped his own tail off in a door? The story I'm thinking of involves a preseason friendly, a through breeze in the home and a door slamming and whilst I had enormous sympathy for the pusscat involved I also have memories of lager coming out of my nose laughing 
    Yes mate, it was our old cat Bumper and it my wife who shut it's tail in the door. I was in a curry house with @Glass half empty after a Charlton Life piss up somewhere when she texted to let me know (might have been a pre season against Welling). Took him to the vets the next day and he ended up having to have one of those collars fitted. There is a picture of it on here somewhere, will try and find it.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Here’s our dopey cat Bright (probably the most inappropriate name ever)

Mate, I could be thinking of someone else or have completely made this up in my own mind. Did you have a cat that chopped his own tail off in a door? The story I'm thinking of involves a preseason friendly, a through breeze in the home and a door slamming and whilst I had enormous sympathy for the pusscat involved I also have memories of lager coming out of my nose laughing 
    Yes mate, it was our old cat Bumper and it my wife who shut it's tail in the door. I was in a curry house with @Glass half empty after a Charlton Life piss up somewhere when she texted to let me know (might have been a pre season against Welling). Took him to the vets the next day and he ended up having to have one of those collars fitted. There is a picture of it on here somewhere, will try and find it.
    Found the thread (17 years ago FFS) but the photo's not on there any more. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Definitely not a pampered princess of a pooch, oh no! 
    Long haired Dachshund?  A beautiful thing either way.
  • Options
    It’s fascinating 🤩🤗
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Wheres that?
    Horsham, there's a riverside path and golf course behind my house. 
  • Options
    we can also hear that the eggs have hatched in our blue tit box in the garden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same here - however next door neighbour’s Cat has also cottoned onto this and is constantly hanging around the nest box, the git
  • Options

Wow that's early. Are you in Eltham?
  • Options

Ours are only on day 3 of incubation
  • Options

We haven’t managed to get Boots to the beach yet.
    He still gets sick in the car.
    Any advice gladly received 🙏🏻💚
  • Options

Start by putting him in the car without going anywhere, progressively working towards starting the car and running the engine, advancing to driving to the end of the road to around the block etc. All over a period of time, don’t rush it.
    Also consider a crate so he lays down the unexpected turns, acceleration and braking are the trigger so don’t get a huge crate so he can stand. 

• Options

What @T_C_E said - when we bought Buster and Bodie, they had never been in a car, let alone a big loud Land Rover - Buster loved it, Bodie was hyperventilating all the way home, and we were very worried about him - he still isn’t great being in the Land Rover, but associates it with going for a walk, so tolerates it - Buster loves to stick his head of the window - strange how brothers have reacted totally opposite to the same thing

Bodie has never been sick, but initially there were some close calls - by putting him in but not going anywhere he got used to it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Not the best photos (blame my wife) but these two kittens are coming home with us on Friday.

Our house has always been a cat home and it has felt very empty after our last cat Gangsta went to sleep in March 2022.  Cant wait to see our daughters faces when we bring them in.

The one on the right has got bigger paws than Pat Jennings has got hands FFS 😂
    Oh they are gorgeous 😻😻
    Do let me know a) their names b) your daughter’s reaction 
    Beautiful kitties xxx
    Well, there's been a slight change of plan...

The kittens are from a litter of 11!  Sadly only 6 of them survived.  We don't know the full story but they were rescued from an owner who had an accident and then when the services/social got involved, the house they were in was condemned, so he had to move and wasn't capable of looking after himself or the kittens.

Anyhow, the Mum was going to a good home but her rehousing fell through, so Mrs JB melted and agreed to take her too!  So after the vet visit, we agreed they should stay for another week and then Mum and 2 of the kittens would be coming home with us.  If Mrs JB had her way, all 6 kittens would be coming.

The Mum is called Lillybet and it just 2yo according to the vet.  And the two kittens are going to be called KitKat and Mylo.  Both boys.  Will be nice to have some more testosterone in the house, what with me, the wife and 3 daughters.

From 2 cats to none to 3 cats again in an instant.  Its going to be fun & games :)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Start by putting him in the car without going anywhere, progressively working towards starting the car and running the engine, advancing to driving to the end of the road to around the block etc. All over a period of time, don’t rush it.
    Also consider a crate so he lays down the unexpected turns, acceleration and braking are the trigger so don’t get a huge crate so he can stand. 

Yes, all of this, especially the crate it will help him relax and settle down. Is he looking out of the windows?

• Options

Similar markings to Skip, has he got conker coloured eyes?

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Yes, all of this, especially the crate it will help him relax and settle down. Is he looking out of the windows?

Thanks all.
    We tried the crate but he was sick in it.
    Probably too big.
    Will start again with the just sitting in it etc.
    He's not interested in anything when he's in the van. Tried him on your lap to look out the window but he's just nit bothered.
    Poor boy xx
    And we literally are on the coast but the best beaches are a drive away. And the walk is still a wee bit too far there & back. He's still only 6mths.
  • Options
    As you say he's only six months so it might be worth persevering with, he may grow out of it it's all a big new world to him at the moment.
  • Options
    @man_at_milletts I’m in bexleyheath.

zoom in close and you can just see mum or dads beak peaking out the box
  • Options
    @man_at_milletts I’m in bexleyheath.

zoom in close and you can just see mum or dads beak peaking out the box
    We think ours are close to fledging, as the noise from the nest box is loud, but next door’s fucking cat is constantly hanging around the nest box now - I have put up garden wire across the fence panel the box is on - it has spooked him, as he can’t walk along the top of the panel now - would have preferred to nail barbed wire along, but that would scare the chicks, so a job for post fledging - we are very protective of our Blue Tits - a few years ago same cat killed 3 chicks, it was so upsetting 
  • Options

Similar markings to Skip, has he got conker coloured eyes?

Yep 😍
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Not the best photos (blame my wife) but these two kittens are coming home with us on Friday.

Our house has always been a cat home and it has felt very empty after our last cat Gangsta went to sleep in March 2022.  Cant wait to see our daughters faces when we bring them in.

The one on the right has got bigger paws than Pat Jennings has got hands FFS 😂
    Oh they are gorgeous 😻😻
    Do let me know a) their names b) your daughter’s reaction 
    Beautiful kitties xxx
    Well, there's been a slight change of plan...

The kittens are from a litter of 11!  Sadly only 6 of them survived.  We don't know the full story but they were rescued from an owner who had an accident and then when the services/social got involved, the house they were in was condemned, so he had to move and wasn't capable of looking after himself or the kittens.

Anyhow, the Mum was going to a good home but her rehousing fell through, so Mrs JB melted and agreed to take her too!  So after the vet visit, we agreed they should stay for another week and then Mum and 2 of the kittens would be coming home with us.  If Mrs JB had her way, all 6 kittens would be coming.

The Mum is called Lillybet and it just 2yo according to the vet.  And the two kittens are going to be called KitKat and Mylo.  Both boys.  Will be nice to have some more testosterone in the house, what with me, the wife and 3 daughters.

From 2 cats to none to 3 cats again in an instant.  Its going to be fun & games :)
    I would definitely had them all 🫣😂😂
    well done to you though 😸😸😸
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Move to the coast 😉
    I can give advice to people with puppies and that is get them in the car at every opportunity. Older dogs are extremely hard to change (I know from others). My dog loves the car, but I used to drive him to the office from day one. We have done European driving tours with him and will be doing another in a couple of weeks.