Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Wishlist 2024

Comments

• Options
    Anyone Andy Scott thinks is good enough.
    No .. It would be good if we could entice Phil Chappell back. But that ain’t gonna happen
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    I think Kofi Balmer is worth a look. Played well for AFC Wimbledon from the sounds of things and being let go by Palace
    Following in the footsteps of his dad Stuart…
  • Options
    edited April 9
    Some decent upper L1 level freebies

GK:           Christian Walton
    LB:           Connor Ogilvie; Nicky Cadden
    CM:         Herbie Kane; Joe Powell; Marcus McGuane
    Big Fella: Stephen Humphrys (doesn't entirely fit the 
                      brief); JCH (probably not fast and
                      energetic enough); Devante Cole.
    Wingers (so unlikely): Femi Azeez; Josh Sims.

Wild Cards who would take a fee;
    Max Dean (looks like a young Alfie May to me); Chris Conn Clarke.

If you want some real wild cards have a read of this thread in the Bristol Rovers forum.  This fella must spend his life watching and researching obscure footy.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10034/wishlist?page=231
    Devante Cole banjo door hit a can’t with barn these days. 
  • Options
     1st Goalkeeper
    2nd creative central midfielder
    3rd wide midfielder
    4th striker

I actually think the back lines nearly there. But if the 4 above have been sorted and there's any dough left a centre back
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll be keeping an eye on any youngsters released from Southampton at the end of the season. 
    Hopefully we’re looking at Prem youngsters a lot more in general. It’s a market we’ve not really used.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Some decent upper L1 level freebies

GK:           Christian Walton
    LB:           Connor Ogilvie; Nicky Cadden
    CM:         Herbie Kane; Joe Powell; Marcus McGuane
    Big Fella: Stephen Humphrys (doesn't entirely fit the 
                      brief); JCH (probably not fast and
                      energetic enough); Devante Cole.
    Wingers (so unlikely): Femi Azeez; Josh Sims.

Wild Cards who would take a fee;
    Max Dean (looks like a young Alfie May to me); Chris Conn Clarke.

If you want some real wild cards have a read of this thread in the Bristol Rovers forum.  This fella must spend his life watching and researching obscure footy.

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10034/wishlist?page=231
    Devante Cole banjo door hit a can’t with barn these days. 

Have never hugely rated him but 20 goal contributions (17goals/3assists) in 41 games this season..
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wonder if we'll be keeping an eye on any youngsters released from Southampton at the end of the season. 
    Hopefully we’re looking at Prem youngsters a lot more in general. It’s a market we’ve not really used.
    100% agree with that - so many talented players available on free transfers most summers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In priority order

Keeper
    Big striker
    Number 10 (that can also play wide if needed)
    Box to box CM
    Physical CDM (Pratley type)
    Box to box CM
    Another box to box CM/10 depending on the system we want to play
    Back up left back (we need Edun to move on)

I actually think that our current crop of CB's is pretty good. We haven't really had a settled back line under Jones and since REG and Gillesphy came in until the last few games. I expect with a proper pre season under Jones coaching they will make a well drilled and effective back 3.

Thomas and Hector are the 2 out of contract but Jones clearly rates bith highly. Ness is the one who may move on or get a loan but Mitchell would take his place.
  • Options
    edited April 9
    I’m not sure who but a quality, ball playing number 10 if Jones is to continue with this system.
    Anderson is a combative 10 not one of guile and flair which is what I think we need.
  • Options
    The Lincoln keeper
    Solid RCB Or CB
    Anthony Evans from Bristol rovers or Lewis Wing from Reading for CM/CAM
    A RWB
    A LWB 

I'd lose about 10 players from our current squad
    All the loans so Camara, watson, ladapo, bakinson & Fiorini +
    Payne
    DJ
    Mcgrandles
    Fraser
    Lualua
    Wickham
    Edun

Loan out Henry and Taylor

• Options
    A top goal keeper

A physical striker to play alongside May & who doesn't break down after 20 mins.

A ball playing midfielder who can take a corner/free kick

2 wingers 

Central defenders who put their foot through it instead of passing it to the opposition. 

In essence probably around 6-8 decent players. But then, Andy Scott is in charge so we'll probably sign Charlie Kirk & Albie Morgan.

• Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if we bring in another big striker to compete with Leaburn and Kanu for next season and play Alfie in the number ten role. 
  • Options
    GK
    Centre half 
    Attacking midfielder
    All 4 forwards to stay fit and available (+ Casey)
    Left back to challenge Small
    Dobbo 
  • Options
    edited April 10
    I know it is hugely unlikely given a) he is too good and b) he is a winger but RakSaki liked a post or two of Charlton on Facebook recently...!
    Hasn't played for Palace (I think mainly through injury), but likely down the list and with no arrivals in the summer.  
    Come rebuild with us JRS. You know it makes sense!
  • Options
    Assuming we count Assimwe and Mitchell as first team and take up the year option on Small that already gives us 21 players under contract for next season. Apparently we need to resign both/ one of Hector/ Thomas so thats 22/23.

The midfield as is has too many like minded players in Coventry, Taylor, Mcgrandles.  - 2 new additions needed there (B2B, someone to pass and score)
    No attacking midfield/ wingers - 2 new additions needed there (Campbell + 1 other)
    The same forward line with two players, sadly, looking unable to complete half a season let alone a full one - 1 addition needed there to cover the Aneke / Leaburn
    If we're only keeping one of TT/MH - 1 addition needed there 

So thats at least 6 in we need, as for names and players, uffff we've done this so many times and been let down by X player being mustard for X team I just dont even know anymore. But, regardless of that,  a lot of the wish list will depend upon shipping out the likes of Henry, Fraser, Mcgrandles, Edun, and one of the keepers first. 

A busy summer ahead.

• Options
    I know it is hugely unlikely given a) he is too good and b) he is a winger but RakSaki liked a post or two of Charlton on Facebook recently...!
    Hasn't played for Palace (I think mainly through injury), but likely down the list and with no arrivals in the summer.  
    Come rebuild with us JRS. You know it makes sense!

I thought the assumption was that wasnt actually him and was someone impersonating. Some of the posts do seem a bit odd.
  • Options
    We should add Wigan’s Godo & Jonny Smith to our wishlist. 

Both looked very good last night & would definitely be an upgrade on the very limited creative options in our squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My big wish would be to buy a combative midfielder who is not frightened to put his foot in yet has a good range of passing ability and gets around the pitch creating good opportunities for his colleagues. And someone who is in his mid 20s, so in his prime, instead of old has beens like Arter and Watson.

Such players are not easy to find but after extensive research I have found one on the books of some obscure Hungerian tean. Goes by the name of George Dobson.

He should be our first signing, even if we have to pay a fee to do so. Crazy I know but then finances in football are crazy anyway.

• Options

Both looked very good last night & would definitely be an upgrade on the very limited creative options in our squad.
    Smith looked very good, I was very surprised when he was substituted.
  • Options
    The Matt Smiths. Unfinished business.
  • Options

I also like the look of Aasgaard. Great through ball for their second goal. Could play more centrally as an attacking midfielder.
  • Options
    edited April 10
    The list of players contracts expiring: 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB3

Would love Josh Knight and Harrison Burrows if Peterborough don't go up, although I imagine they'll have championship interest. 

In regards to Joe Powell who I've seen mentioned (and I have in the past) I spoke to a fair few Burton fans away, and they pretty much said Powell is carbon copy of Fraser and they probably would opt for Fraser. Wouldn't want another player who doesn't put in the effort.

A player who has put up decent numbers though is Ethan Chislett, 7 goals and 7 assists in a poor Port Vale team, thought he was good against us both times and seems to be a bit of a work horse. Reckon he'd suit Nathan Jones team. 

Lasse Sorensen another one who has been really impressive and if Lincoln don't manage to land in the play offs, I'd like to see if we could get him. 

A lot of dead rubber on that lost but some real gems also. 

Marcus McGuane another who looked very good against us 
  • Options
    Think Piergianni would be great at CB. Plays in a 3 at present and has the hallmarks of a Matt Taylor signing before the Powell season.
    Of course this is the best shout on the thread, genuinely would be a big signing and would cover something we are desperately missing, a genuine leader at the back. 

Could also really do with coupling it up with a goalie who has a bit of stature about him. Crucial area to get right next season. 
  • Options

We had a chance with Godo before he joined Fulham but he was "no better than we already have in the academy".  I was inclined to disagree then and certainly do now.

I also like Aasgaard for Wigan - didn't do too much last night but a good player there