Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1806700166415602061?t=FozQV0-8rnQwc1MP4YAsmw&s=19

No fee agreed for Alfie May to join Huddersfield - yet.

I'm not saying that it won't happen, already made that clear this week. 

#cafc
    Oooooh the two biggest ITKs for all things Charlton are going head to head
  • How stupid do people feel now 🫣

• So O'Rourke says May has gone for £750k and it's immediately a fact but the one person who always seems to have the inside track on Charlton (Cawley) hasn't said a word.
    WIOTOS I'll believe it to be true and decide, along with many others if we don't sign decent replacements, whether the club is in the shit or not. 
    O’Rourke is usually pretty reliable with us. Cawley is as well but neither of them are 100% 
  • edited June 28
    FAVADDICK said:
    How stupid do people feel now 🫣

I feel really daft, after realising he's called Alfie rather than Ben.
  • Sponsored links:

• 750k plus how much of a percentage do Cheltenham get? 20%?. So really only 600k to us 
  • YTS1978 said:
    If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
    Assuming it is a decision by Jones...
    Well, he said so the other day, so unless he was telling porkies it's 100% up to him. 
  • Oh wouldn't this be a wheeze if it turns out to be a wind up...how we would all laugh...🤦‍♂️
  • Regardless of whether it's agreed or not, they are still clearly trying to sell him, which is a disgrace in itself.
  • Honestly now, this forum is full of adults....players come and go!  :D There is nothing that can be done and you might not like it but you have to get on with it. 

We have to see what the club up there sleeve. It might surprise us.

Either way, I am sure NJ has a plan and for now, that's good enough for me. 

It would surprise me if they have anything up their sleeves.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Regardless of whether it's agreed or not, they are still clearly trying to sell him, which is a disgrace in itself.
    Well, Huddersfield are trying to buy him that's for sure...
  • Honestly now, this forum is full of adults....players come and go!  :D There is nothing that can be done and you might not like it but you have to get on with it. 

We have to see what the club up there sleeve. It might surprise us.

Either way, I am sure NJ has a plan and for now, that's good enough for me. 

People are upset that their favourite player is heading out the door and I understand that. We’ve all experience it, quite often, as Charlton fans.

I personally struggle to feel any heart break over losing any League One player. 

The last player I was truly gutted about leaving was Joe Aribo because I knew he was going to be a Premier League player at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Who can 750k buy?

75% of Ahadme apparently.
    TBF Alfie is only 75% the height of Ahadme  :)
  • Looks like I wont be attending any more games then  :'(
    Chin up Golfie, there's still Huddersfield..🙄
  • ButtleJR said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Richard J said:
    Cawley mentioned that a couple of free agents might be training with us. Anyone know who?
    Where did he mention this?
    The SLP podcast 
    If you start listening from 31:30, that's when they start talking about Charlton. https://open.spotify.com/episode/2vbF95sLZZqBvb1S8cWPEW?si=786ef8a1d32343c0
  • Most likey Huddersfield will pay the money owed to Cheltenham as part of the deal which will push it over 1 mill mark 
  • YTS1978 said:
    If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
    Assuming it is a decision by Jones...
    Decision has the whiff of Andy Scott to me.
    Jones is on record saying no one is forcing anything on him, including the sale of players.

• The fee will be higher than 750,000 plus it will also be undisclosed … 
     How will you know then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!