Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• edited June 28
    Yann897 said:
    We signed 5 permanent players in January and had a fairly solid end to the season I think people forget that so if we’re adding 9 to that plus those having more time to bed in, I don’t see how anyone can say we won’t improve. I’m looking forward to the season I think it’s gonna be a good’n .
    Biggest problem is we’ve conceded too many goals in the last couple of seasons. Since the January window we have now signed 6 defenders on permanent deals; Small, Ramsey, REG, Plymouth lad, Edwards & Mitchell.

I saw most of the Jones era so far, and the only one I can make an opinion on is Small who looks very good. The other three suffered with injures so never really got a proper run in the side.

Add two new goal keepers to the mix and that hopefully should stop leaking as many goals. Isted was an improvement of AMB, but still not at the level we need to compete at the top of the league.

Overall, i feel like we are at least working towards a playing style and formation, compared to last season when we arrived at that Aberdeen friendly looking like a pub team. 
  • Unreliable source saying £200k fee for Mitchell and fee agreed for Adheme.

WIOTOS
    Millwall fans are saying it was 350,000 
    It’s entirely possible that the buyers are reporting the up front cost because it sounds a better deal than the total cost. And the sellers are reporting the total because that sounds better for them…

200k up front with as much as 150k in add ons sounds reasonable to me.
    Promise them £2m on promotion to the premiership, it don’t make it a £2m+ transfer. 
  • Unreliable source saying £200k fee for Mitchell and fee agreed for Adheme.

WIOTOS
    Millwall fans are saying it was 350,000 
    It’s entirely possible that the buyers are reporting the up front cost because it sounds a better deal than the total cost. And the sellers are reporting the total because that sounds better for them…

200k up front with as much as 150k in add ons sounds reasonable to me.
    Promise them £2m on promotion to the premiership, it don’t make it a £2m+ transfer. 
    £5m every time we beat them.  Won't cost us a penny.
  • Yann897 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Imagine grown men crying on the internet because their club hasn't signed quite as many players as they have supposedly been promised, all before the 1st of July, which marks the official start of the new season and where we then have another 2 whole months of the transfer window.

Embarrassing 

I haven't seen any grown men crying. 
    Just people concerned about the squad. 
    Because leaving our transfer deals until late in the window is exactly what we have been doing the past few years. 
    And that has resulted in mid table mediocrity season after season. 
    But that’s not the case right now is it, we’ve signed four already and two months to go . Plus Iv never known our squad to have so many options at this stage of pre season.
    Well Nathan Jones is on record saying he wants about 9 new players. 
    He also said he wants most of them in for pre season training. 
    Last season when we went on our pre season tour we had to take a load of youth team players to make up the numbers. 
    I believe we go on tour quite soon so it's imperative that we bring in the players Jones wants before we go.
    I think he meant 9 new from the end of last season though, not 9 more from where we are today.

So we are almost halfway there and the squad is probably already big enough (we have at least 20+ senior pro's) to ensure we won't have to take loads of youth players.
  • barstool said:
    With our new defence we won’t need a keeper, 
    where we’re going, we won’t need roads!
  • edited June 28
    The Udders are convinced Alfie will be announced by 3pm today...
    This could be a sad day...for them hopefully...🙄
  • Richard J said:
    Cawley mentioned that a couple of free agents might be training with us. Anyone know who?
    Where did he mention this?
  • Sambcafc said:
    Richard J said:
    Cawley mentioned that a couple of free agents might be training with us. Anyone know who?
    Where did he mention this?
    The SLP podcast 
  • Ferryman said:
    cfgs said:
    Lincoln are having a massive churn of their playing side this year, I suppose that is what happens when you perform above and not below your aspirations.
    Crawley Town losing loads of their top performers for same reason. 
    Crawley Town are being screwed by shite owners apparently I read on there site 
  • Sponsored links:

• The Udders are convinced Alfie will be announced by 3pm today...
    3 minutes left... (At time of posting)
  • thenewbie said:
    The Udders are convinced Alfie will be announced by 3pm today...
    3 minutes left... (At time of posting)

Mmmm, that's funny, nothing on the Udders forum...🤔
  • Fee for May agreed according to Peter O’Rourke
  • RedRobin said:
    Fee for May agreed according to Peter O’Rourke
    Yeah...Ben May.🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    750k would be very disappointing. 
    Understatement of the year!!
  • 750k is ridiculous for the top goal scorer in the division
  • Guess that's a reflection on his age, feels pretty low to me though
  • Disappointing fee if true
  • We can find out the logic behind this in 6 months when we next hear from Charlie and friends 
  • 750k is ridiculous for the top goal scorer in the division
    Its a big call, hope it doesnt come back to bite us on the arse. Of course, we know it will dont we.
  • 750k wasn't far off what I was expecting, especially given what we picked him up for. Still absolutely bonkers to accept from a team in the same league
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!