Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Religious signing? Teddy Bishop from Lincoln? Out of Contract and would be a good addition to the midfield. 
    Winner
    We love a ex Ipswich player! 
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Religious signing? Teddy Bishop from Lincoln? Out of Contract and would be a good addition to the midfield. 
    https://x.com/mattfentonimps/status/1803059108175589496?s=46&t=rsrY0_4Lq2Y5apWmOJDkGA

He looks fairly average based on these stats (you have to scroll down the thread a bit to see him compare bishop with Bayliss) 
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c1vvd1y9g7eo
  • Options
    Lincoln are having a massive churn of their playing side this year, I suppose that is what happens when you perform above and not below your aspirations.
  • Options

Looks like he needs spot cream.
  • Options
    Cawley has said on his pod that Ipswich want £1m for Ahadme. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cawley’s mentioned Adam Davies in his new article on May.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/charlton-boss-nathan-jones-on-alfie-may-future-as-huddersfield-pushing-to-complete-deal-for-striker/

Charlton have been looking to complete the free transfer signing of keeper Adam Davies, whose Sheffield United deal expires on July 1. Jones said: “We have got targets, but they are waiting for Championship interest. That’s why (there has been a delay).
    A second manager with a no dickheads policy!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Alfie wants to go ? has anyone considered that and we are just holding out for the best price ? - Huddersfield will probaly pay more in wages and would be his last decent contract. 

No one is irreplaceable - this year the midfield will score more goals and more clean sheets so not the reliance on one striker - Kanu will be a better player next season , Chuks hopefully fitter and Myles to return as well - plus whoever comes through the door. 

We need to share the goals out more and not be reliant on one player as in last year. - If Berry can get 10 and another midfileder like Anderson or Coventry get 8 then thatll help the team - plus a few goals from set pieces and corners from the Centre backs itll help . - Yes Alfie would be a miss but its not season over already as some people see ……

we are holding out for 1.2 mill for May 
  • Options
    edited June 28
    RedRobin said:
    Seems a bit steep! 
    But quite normal these days. He’s 23, if he keeps improving and in a few years is scoring regularly in the Championship as well as impressing with his hold up play and all round game suddenly there’s a player worth £10m+.

It’s a very big if of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steven81 said:
    So from the  rumours we are waiting on the may money because the ahadme price could be a million but I thought we had money to spend regardless 🤔
    Every team will have a budget. If you'd set aside a certain amount of money to bring in a striker while still needing to get in 5 more signings and the player you want is quoted at much higher than that then you need to make up that shortfall somewhere or you spiral out of your budget. Alternatively you give up on that player and get one further down your list, which would not be ideal
  • Options
    Maybe Alfie wants to go ? has anyone considered that and we are just holding out for the best price ? - Huddersfield will probaly pay more in wages and would be his last decent contract. 

No one is irreplaceable - this year the midfield will score more goals and more clean sheets so not the reliance on one striker - Kanu will be a better player next season , Chuks hopefully fitter and Myles to return as well - plus whoever comes through the door. 

We need to share the goals out more and not be reliant on one player as in last year. - If Berry can get 10 and another midfileder like Anderson or Coventry get 8 then thatll help the team - plus a few goals from set pieces and corners from the Centre backs itll help . - Yes Alfie would be a miss but its not season over already as some people see it. 
    Problem is Coventry didnt look like scoring & certainly cant see him suddenly getting 8 goals this coming season....maybe 2 or 3 if you're lucky. Anderson should get a few but 8 again is a stretch. And then there is issue about scoring from corners & set pieces. That is yet to he addressed as far as I can see.

Its finally good to see a number being placed on how many we are looking to bring in (in Cawleys latest piece on May today) and I'm really hoping that we will see another 3 or 4 before the end of next week.

But as it stands we are once again far away from a squad that will challenge the top 6. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    RedRobin said:
    He isn't worth 1 million imo, they're having a laugh. If he's worth 1 million, May is worth 3 to us. 

May is practically a sure thing at this point to hit 20 goals across all comps in a season at this level, Ahadme doesn't offer that on paper, and his hold up play can't be that good or he would have made the grade at Ipswich as they climbed. 

There was talk of signing players that would be top end of this league and ready to make the step, Ahadme doesn't strike me as that type of signing, but rather potential/ a punt. So far I'd argue only Berry fits that bill, but because of his age we don't know how long for. 
    Let's be honest though, do you or anyone actually have a clue about this player? People going on like they've seen him play and can accurately determine his value. 
    No tbh, but I have a decent-ish idea on him. Seen him play a handful of times, looked at his stats, spent time on other teams forums where he has played and took notice of their posts, plus Twitter. The fact he also couldn't make the grade at Ipswich and we are looking to emulate what they have done. I just don't think that's a good move. 

I personally wouldn't value him at 1 million, but it's not my money and if he makes Charlton Athletic stronger then I'd be fine with it. I just hope it isn't at the expense of my favourite player who I know will come up with the goods. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    RedRobin said:
    He isn't worth 1 million imo, they're having a laugh. If he's worth 1 million, May is worth 3 to us. 

May is practically a sure thing at this point to hit 20 goals across all comps in a season at this level, Ahadme doesn't offer that on paper, and his hold up play can't be that good or he would have made the grade at Ipswich as they climbed. 

There was talk of signing players that would be top end of this league and ready to make the step, Ahadme doesn't strike me as that type of signing, but rather potential/ a punt. So far I'd argue only Berry fits that bill, but because of his age we don't know how long for. 
    Let's be honest though, do you or anyone actually have a clue about this player? People going on like they've seen him play and can accurately determine his value. 
    I remember him being a handful against us but unfortunately a lot of players gave us problems last season , a player is only worth what the selling club is willing to let him go for but I can imagine if we can get close to 500k we’ll get him.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

He not if he sitting on the bench like Jones has indicated