Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited June 27
    RC_CAFC said:
    I know I am dreaming. But Nathan Jones demands so much of his players and the offensive ones are very often substituted. May was taken off almost every game under Jones and we didn't have anyone who could come on and do the job he was doing. You want 2 for every position so maybe they want them both? Sometimes Godden starting but most of the time, coming on for 20/30 mins to keep that intensity up
    Nice thought but I’d think May, Godden, Leaburn, Kanu, Chuks and potentially Ahadme is one too many strikers.
    Sorted that one for ya, Chuks is part time at the very best...🙄
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Rodwell has just mentioned a player coming in from Jamaica if they can get it sorted , assume this will be a youngster from Mount Pleasant. 
    Trivante Stewart? 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Rodwell has just mentioned a player coming in from Jamaica if they can get it sorted , assume this will be a youngster from Mount Pleasant. 
    Trivante Stewart? 
    joined an Italian club last year, made 4 appearances 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Trivante Stewart? 

Don't think it's Stewart , he's now in Serbia on loan I believe from the Italian side that eventually signed him. 

https://www.jamaicafootball.org/2024/01/24/mount-pleasants-campbell-on-two-week-training-stint-with-charlton/

This lad could fit the bill. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

John Ruddy confirms he's leaving Birmingham but has an offer from Newcastle. 
    Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?
    He's 38 soon and even as a 3rd choice PL keeper you probably pick up at least 15-20k a week. No brainer for him to go there.

Think i read somewhere before that Carson earns 30k a week. He's played twice in 5 years.
    If those numbers on wages are true, before tax each appearance has cost Man City £3.9m in wages
    Jeepers they could have saved 3.5m of that I’d have done it for £200k per game on a pay as you play basis 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Strikers win games but defences win titles, wasn't that Fergie's mantra?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Trivante Stewart? 

Don't think it's Stewart , he's now in Serbia on loan I believe from the Italian side that eventually signed him. 

https://www.jamaicafootball.org/2024/01/24/mount-pleasants-campbell-on-two-week-training-stint-with-charlton/

Got to keep that Campbell quota up
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Do we have an option on Alfie for another year or is there only 1 year to go…. June 2025?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My only worry is that NJ likes his team to press, is Godden up to doing this, we know May can
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    My only worry is that NJ likes his team to press, is Godden up to doing this, we know May can
    May has the energy but not sure he follows the structure too well
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Godden is a willing runner, very much in the Alfie mold in that sense.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I think Godden would be a reasonable 'like for like' replacement for Alfie. Yes he is older but would he potentially be content to play a bit part role when Alfie probably wouldn't be?

Could the money received from Alfie mean we could secure better players in other positions?
    Like for like? One of them scored 23 goals last season, one scored 6.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Do we have an option on Alfie for another year or is there only 1 year to go…. June 2025?
    Yes we do.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I think Godden would be a reasonable 'like for like' replacement for Alfie. Yes he is older but would he potentially be content to play a bit part role when Alfie probably wouldn't be?

Could the money received from Alfie mean we could secure better players in other positions?
    One had ellis sims infront of him the other had no one so, I don't know how you can compare, also one has played in the championship for 4 years, the other one hasn't 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I scored 50 goals in my back garden yesterday - Huddersfield have bid 500k
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

No Brainer. Look at the Height stats.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Trivante Stewart? 

It’s neither of these two.  I’m not saying the guys name because I’ve been asked not to but he’s got a LOT of potential.  That’s not a clue btw - just emphasising he could be really good.  
    Will this be a first team player swisdom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Trivante Stewart? 

It’s neither of these two.  I’m not saying the guys name because I’ve been asked not to but he’s got a LOT of potential.  That’s not a clue btw - just emphasising he could be really good.  
    Kaheim Dixon?
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:

Not transfer related but Charlie boy now CEO, anyone surprised? 
    Not involved with the playing side of the club .. 
    But now as the CEO he is now the head honcho involved in the day to day running of the football club 
    And ….. he based at the valley 
    Where else would he be based? Zurich? ITK my arse BexleyBoy.
    Could be based at sparrows lane like Rodwell … 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

“POTential.” It’s one of Bob Marley’s grandsons isn’t it?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Trivante Stewart? 

Cheers Swisdom , I was more putting 2 and 2 together from earlier in the season. Does sound very very promising if it happens though!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Let’s hope he delivers 
    Aren’t they stopping Saturday delivery?
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    We'd surely be better off keeping May. Seems a crazy move
    Apparently we have to trust Jones
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Are the players gonna have to iron their own kit?