Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Would he be a may replacement? 
  • Options

Moving the deck chairs around …. ?
    Exactly this. Not really bothered who does what. No one new just people swapping roles. Pay rises everyone ?
  • Options
    edited June 27
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

John Ruddy confirms he's leaving Birmingham but has an offer from Newcastle. 
    Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?

Yeah given his comments about his family having stayed around Norwich, I can't see being effectively third choice at Newcastle being that attractive beyond the finances. 

Does suggest to me our keeper signing probably isn't him though. 
    Hmm, there's nothing at all attractive about the Newcastle job apart from the £1M+ salary.
  • Options
    edited June 27
    6 goals in 35 games last year great signing imo 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:

Not transfer related but Charlie boy now CEO, anyone surprised? 
    Not involved with the playing side of the club .. 
    But now as the CEO he is now the head honcho involved in the day to day running of the football club 
    And ….. he based at the valley 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Replacing a 30 year old natural finisher with a 32 year old natural finisher doesn't really work to me
    Not the great deal in which we replace May with two younger and longer term better strikers that some speculated. Even more short term than keeping May here - there’s a risk Godden is declining in a way that I don’t think is there with May at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:

But now as the CEO he is now the head honcho involved in the day to day running of the football club 
    Where else would he be based? Zurich? ITK my arse BexleyBoy.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:

Bloody hope so Colin. It’s a 25/8 job. (Steve Waggott) 
  • Options
    edited June 27
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:

Demerit...NEVER mention the hallowed ground  "The Valley"  without capital letters, that is sacrilege...🙄
  • Options
    Godden is a charlton fan isnt he?
    seems odd replacing May with him but perhaps the deal May’s been offered by Huddersfield is too good for him to turn down.
    Hope we also get Gassan Ahadme not Godden instead of him
  • Options
    Would he be a may replacement? 
    Very similar player which is a little worrying 
  • Options
    Would be concerned if Godden is a May replacement. Very similar player but older. Don't think this stops the Ahadme deal as he'll be the target man option along with Leaburn and Chuks. 
  • Options
    edited June 27
    Valley11 said:
    Godden is a charlton fan isnt he?
    seems odd replacing May with him but perhaps the deal May’s been offered by Huddersfield is too good for him to turn down.
    Hope we also get Gassan Ahadme not Godden instead of him
    From Faversham down in Kent I believe but no idea who his boyhood club was.
  • Options
    So some Coventry bod says we're signing Godden and immediately it's a fact.
  • Options
    I rate Godden , i don’t think I like the idea of him replacing May but it’s a good signing for league one. But if we could get ahadme and spend money on a decent 10 it might not be a bad deal all round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a risk swapping May for Godden but I don’t hate it. 

Should still be capable of getting 15+ goals in this division and if the difference pays for Ahadme who’s capable of 15+ himself, we’ve replaced 23 goals with a theoretical 30+… and there’s no guarantee that May gets 20+ again next season either.
    No guarantee a striker who's got 14 goals in the last 2 seasons and is nearly 33 is going to do anything for us either,surely may and ahadme would be a better prospect or are we just using that may money and don't actually have the money we say we do to spend possibly.
  • Options
    I think Godden would be a reasonable 'like for like' replacement for Alfie. Yes he is older but would he potentially be content to play a bit part role when Alfie probably wouldn't be?

Could the money received from Alfie mean we could secure better players in other positions?
  • Options
    If we came out the window with May,Godden, Kanu,Leaburn,Aneke and Ahadme as senior strikers that would be very impressive. There's just too many similarities for me between May and Godden to think that both could be in the same squad.

• Options
    Godden isn't a replacement he is a shotterm addition to the squad.  But his experience might help as other than Aneke we would be very inexperienced.  But an odd move.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    If we came out the window with May,Godden, Kanu,Leaburn,Aneke and Ahadme as senior strikers that would be very impressive. There's just too many similarities for me between May and Godden to think that both could be in the same squad.

Let’s forget about Godden then 😉
  • Options
    Coventry supporting neighbour seems to think that Godden is really not up to it physically anymore,and plays more of a support role than a no 9. For me it would be a disappointing transfer with or without Alfie. 
  • Options