Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    If i was him I would go to Newcastle, at his age for one last pay day. You are a long time retired as a footballer.
    Without a doubt. Take the money (even if it's from PIF).
  • Options
    If Ruddy is (probably) out I guess the top choice of keeper target is now between Walton or Davies. I'd guess the latter to be a bit "easier" a deal (relatively speaking) so hopefully we get some movement - GK is one area that really needs improvement.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

John Ruddy confirms he's leaving Birmingham but has an offer from Newcastle. 
    Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?

Yeah given his comments about his family having stayed around Norwich, I can't see being effectively third choice at Newcastle being that attractive beyond the finances. 

Does suggest to me our keeper signing probably isn't him though. 
    No better job in Football is there, being a keeper in your late 30s being 3rd choice at a top end Premier League club, easiest money you can imagine

Oh absolutely, he'll probably play a couple of Carabao games and that's it. Look at someone like Scott Carson at City for the perfect example of being a third choice at a top club. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?

Yeah given his comments about his family having stayed around Norwich, I can't see being effectively third choice at Newcastle being that attractive beyond the finances. 

No better job in Football is there, being a keeper in your late 30s being 3rd choice at a top end Premier League club, easiest money you can imagine

Even younger keeper's like Ben Hamer decided when he was 27 to leave Cafc and Join Leicester City the same week that Kaspar Schmeichel signed a new 5 year contract.
    Hamer doubled his money and a signing on fee, and when I said to our Keeper coach at the time Ben Roberts, " Does Ben think he can become number 1?
    Roberts replied No, He's gone for the Money and will only play if Kaspar gets injured.

Hamer has moved around since then playing sometimes as the main keeper but at 34 his bank account is very healthy.
  • Options
    Not too disappointed if we miss out on Ruddy.
    I believe we can bring in better. 

I think he would be perfect for 1 season but would be nicer to have a settled GK for at least a couple of seasons before they retire

• Options
    Looks like Kayne Ramsay is wearing the #2 on his training kit 👀 numbers don't mean what they used to but moving from 66 -> 2 probably suggests he's being primed as first choice RB, which I think means we can additionally buy that Christie rumour to bed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like Kayne Ramsay is wearing the #2 on his training kit 👀 numbers don't mean what they used to but moving from 66 -> 2 probably suggests he's being primed as first choice RB, which I think means we can additionally buy that Christie rumour to bed. 
    I don't think that is a surprise 
  • Options
    edited June 27
    Every day I look on here to see if there is any news on 'incoming players'. Every day it's the same old conversation about either Dobson or May! Surely it's been done to death now....can we just see what the hell transpires with these two and just move on, please?
    Yes, but there was more news re Dobson, keep up! Oh and now tere isn't news app...
  • Options
    Suppose they've got to find some way to scramble the money together for Edwards and Mitchell, bet those two were real pocket burners 
    Any money brought in will be didn’t on replacements 
    I bet that wasn't in the well respected Plymouth Herald 
  • Options
    Not a reliable source but would be a great signing. 
    I'm sure that list of clubs is nonsense but if it's correct you'd think we'd 100% be first choice for the player.
  • Options
    Not a reliable source but would be a great signing. 
    I'm sure that list of clubs is nonsense but if it's correct you'd think we'd 100% be first choice for the player.
    I'm sure the whole thing will end up as being nonsense...🙄
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Rothko said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Oh absolutely, he'll probably play a couple of Carabao games and that's it. Look at someone like Scott Carson at City for the perfect example of being a third choice at a top club. 

Doubt he'd even play those - the reserve keeper would.

Cushy job though, good pay, and great facilities, no pressure, and yeah probably a good start on some coaching at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Even younger keeper's like Ben Hamer decided when he was 27 to leave Cafc and Join Leicester City the same week that Kaspar Schmeichel signed a new 5 year contract.
    Hamer doubled his money and a signing on fee, and when I said to our Keeper coach at the time Ben Roberts, " Does Ben think he can become number 1?
    Roberts replied No, He's gone for the Money and will only play if Kaspar gets injured.

Hamer has moved around since then playing sometimes as the main keeper but at 34 his bank account is very healthy.
    Said earlier but will repeat ambition in football is a privilege for the young and/or top 1%

It's a short career and they have to maximise their earnings as much as possible.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

He's 38 soon and even as a 3rd choice PL keeper you probably pick up at least 15-20k a week. No brainer for him to go there.

Think i read somewhere before that Carson earns 30k a week. He's played twice in 5 years.
  • Options
    We once had (was it?) Tony Caig.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

He's 38 soon and even as a 3rd choice PL keeper you probably pick up at least 15-20k a week. No brainer for him to go there.

Think i read somewhere before that Carson earns 30k a week. He's played twice in 5 years.
    If those numbers on wages are true, before tax each appearance has cost Man City £3.9m in wages
  • Options
    If we were to get a midfielder from Lincoln, I would prefer it to be Jack Moylan. Really good attacking player and skillfull
  • Options
     Carson is also useful for City in Europe as another English player, whereas Newcastle have lots of domestic players anyway.
  • Options
     Carson is also useful for City in Europe as another English player, whereas Newcastle have lots of domestic players anyway.
    So do City, don't need their third keeper to be English, just think it's a lot more viable to have an English third choice rather than foreign. 
  • Options
    Jones mentioned some players (doesn’t name them) on the fringes will have a chance to prove themselves.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/some-charlton-athletic-players-need-to-prove-they-can-be-part-of-nathan-jones-future-plans/
  • Options
    Udders forum convinced two signings being announced today, no names no pack drill...🤷‍♂️