Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    I think Jones' comments today suggest that he's off. Interesting that the club didn't use him in the fixtures marketing either.
    Where are the comments, was there an interview ? Thanks
    I think Jones' comments today suggest that he's off. Interesting that the club didn't use him in the fixtures marketing either.
    Where are the comments, was there an interview ? Thanks
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/zero-pressure-charlton-boss-nathan-jones-on-state-of-play-surrounding-huddersfield-target-alfie-may/
  • Options
    Suppose they've got to find some way to scramble the money together for Edwards and Mitchell, bet those two were real pocket burners 
    Any money brought in will be didn’t on replacements 
    This proves you're finally didn't. Time to give up posting.
  • Options
    Suppose they've got to find some way to scramble the money together for Edwards and Mitchell, bet those two were real pocket burners 
    Sorry mate, but what? 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steven81 said:
    Just did a bottle of vodka for breakfast and feel like I'm on a level to translate Ronnie's post, He meant in order to get in some decent players we have to sell our best ones.
    But those best ones are desperate to leave, rubbish and NJ's decision.
  • Options
    Charlton need Vili's and no more knobs.
  • Options
    In English please. 
    You are encouraging him to post
  • Options

• Options
    If I thought we were to play a league match against another club who had got rid of the three best players the fans voted for the previous season, I would feel both incredulous and hopeful.
    The only answer is promotion on the back of losing those guys, anything else is failure no matter what excuses or weasel words the regime comes out with.
  • Options
    In English please. 
    You are encouraging him to post
    1000 apologies 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So if it's 4-5 more and we're going as it stands with May not going. GK,CB,CDM,CAM, Striker is the general consensus? I know in that video I linked earlier NJ called Berry an attacking midfielder that can add goals from midfield but I'm still expecting maybe not a " marquee" signing but definitely a signing for a significant fee to play that No10 role.

Would guess anything beyond the 5 would hinge on departures and clearing out anyone that's not wanted. Maybe a couple of loans later in the window once PL/Champ sides sort their squads out just to bolster things (I know it's been spoken about wanting a smaller squad and we've got players like REG and Edwards that offer versatility, but I've got a few niggling doubts about injuries and reliance on academy players )
  • Options
    You’ve been watching too many election debates haven’t you…
  • Options
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

John Ruddy confirms he's leaving Birmingham but has an offer from Newcastle. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-ruddy-newcastle-birmingham-city-33118267

Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Tough choice for him there. Guess it depends on if he wants to play or just collect £. Obviously won't blame him going to Newcastle but he must have earned enough by now?

Yeah given his comments about his family having stayed around Norwich, I can't see being effectively third choice at Newcastle being that attractive beyond the finances. 

Does suggest to me our keeper signing probably isn't him though.