Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    Redrobo said:
    This is what was actually said.

”Very good bid made to/for Dobson.

Not sure if he is in a position to change his mind on the Fehervar move or we have to buy him out of his contract with them. Not even sure if he ever put pen to paper or it was a deal agreed in principle but what I do know is there is a very good chance he'll still be with us next season.”

Absolutely no chance Fehervar announce publicly he's signed if he didn't put pen to paper
    We also confirmed he'd signed for them when the club announced their squad retained/released list.

"Charlton made a number of contract offers to George Dobson pre and post Christmas. The midfielder has signed a pre-contract agreement with Hungarian club Fehérvár."
    But that's not an actual contract.  It may well include conditions for either party to withdraw from signing the final contract.  There might be penalties if the final contract is not signed and it may be that Charlton could pay any penalty.  Without seeing the actual agreement its hard to say.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Lots of work going on around the playing area and new pitch coming on nicely.
    any update on the safe standing section?

Works carrying on and will be open start of next season apparently.
  • Options
    Forgive me but where have these comments today about Dobson come from, some event at The Valley?, and who said the actual comments made?

Thanks.
  • Options
    No mention of Dobson re-signing at all this AM. So didnt come from the event.
  • Options
    Forgive me but where have these comments today about Dobson come from, some event at The Valley?, and who said the actual comments made?

Thanks.

Hint from Dubai Addick and on the other board. 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    My invite the fixtures breakfast must have got lost in the post.

Any other titbits @DamoNorthStand @Swisdom ?

Tried the top shelf Henry, might find something suitable there...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there's a chance of bringing Dobson back at a reasonable fee we should absolutely jump at the chance. Sure it might look a bit embarrassing but nothing wrong with correcting a massive mistake.

He has been by far and away one of best players for the last few seasons, he is a leader, fans favourite and most of all is a known quantity. You know he will deliver consistent performances game after game.

We could quite easily spend the fee and wages we might spend on Dobbo on someone else who could turn out to be an absolute flop (As we have season after season). Is anyone convinced we are going to sign anyone better than Dobson this window? I'm certainly not.
    I actually would like us to go with something different. Good player but think we can do better especially in the attacking sense if Coventry sits the deepest .
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Much as I loved having Dobson at the club, things never really work out second time around, might be the time to cut him loose once and for all, and move on...
  • Options
    Glad after a couple days of discussing something different were right back on May & Dobson 
    Yes, but would they be stand out signings?
  • Options
    Only Charlton, surely somebody has to answer to the f up

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:
    Cawley saying 9 signings . Sounds about right to me.
    Does Dobson count as a signing? 
    Two. Dobson always signs twice!
  • Options
    It'll be great seeing Dobbo stand in front of the < > stand at the < > ground wearing his brand new <  > shirt...
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Redhenry said:
    Only Charlton, surely somebody has to answer to the f up

Yes Dobson why did he sign a contract when the club had made him offers .. why did he not wait till end of season before looking at his options he was very poorly advised and a hint of panic when he did not receive another single offer from anyone else .. 
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?...just stop making it up as you go along fore once...🤷‍♂️
    So ignore him.

He will soon be telling us he is the best player in the league after months of slating him.
  • Options
    Any truth to the rumour Dobbo coming back? Asking for a friend.