Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Has Dobson being announced as a new signing yet for his Hungarian Club ? 
    https://fehervarfc.hu/en/news/george-dobson-will-play-for-fehervar-fc-from-next-season
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Leuth said:
    You're picking a semi-immobile Gillesphey over our shiny new Scottish signing?
    Yeah, he looked promising some games and I'm hoping with a pre-season he will shake off the rust he had a bit. 

Edwards is unproven to me and will have to work his way into the side, he definitely won't be dislodging Small, so he will have to fight to get into LCB to start I imagine. 

Ideally I'd have liked us to sign a new centre back to play with Mitchell, as I am still not confident with our options there, but it doesn't look likely. 

Assuming we sign Ahadme, and we keep May. Very happy with those striking options and think we are all set there, especially when Leaburn returns. Some serious comp in those spots, have to assume Kanu will improve this season as well.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You're putting a 31 year-old Christie straight in over Ramsay?
    Yes if he can still play to an old level. Ramsay didn't impress me anywhere near as much as Small did tbh, I don't think his spot is as nailed on as people think. I'm still not entirely sure on his level.

Truthfully I forgot we even signed Berry. Blimey. He will obviously start
  • Options
    Lloyd Jones? Wonder if he’ll be sold if we sign Bradley? 
  • Options
    I think if we sign Ahadme, Christie & Davies, that's us almost done. I would like to see us sign a proper 10 and a box to box midfielder but I think that might be enough/I can't see us signing much more unless we move some players on. 

Based on rumours, and of course, the two midfielders I'd like to see we would look something like this, doesn't look too shabby: 

Shambles! No Berry or Edwards but chuck in Christie a random twitter rumour!
    It is hypothetical. I genuinely forgot Berry somehow, and I don't think Edwards will get straight in the side. 

Unless we play Small on the right and Edwards on the left, like I said in that previous post, I didn't think we saw enough from Ramsay to say he will be starting week in week out for a side looking for promotion.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Weird thought of the day, well last 5 minutes as it is me, good way to announce a signing.....have players saying which fixture they are looking forward to and why, sneak in a new player and wait for the attentive to notice.  Would help publicise the fixtures as well.
    With the sudden @CAFCOfficial posts about the fixtures some squad members are looking forward to, I thought I might be right for a change.
  • Options
    I think if we sign Ahadme, Christie & Davies, that's us almost done. I would like to see us sign a proper 10 and a box to box midfielder but I think that might be enough/I can't see us signing much more unless we move some players on. 

Based on rumours, and of course, the two midfielders I'd like to see we would look something like this, doesn't look too shabby: 

Shambles! No Berry or Edwards but chuck in Christie a random twitter rumour!
    It is hypothetical. I genuinely forgot Berry somehow, and I don't think Edwards will get straight in the side. 

Unless we play Small on the right and Edwards on the left, like I said in that previous post, I didn't think we saw enough from Ramsay to say he will be starting week in week out for a side looking for promotion.
    Only winding you up. For what it's worth Edwards is the signing i'm most excited by, got high hopes for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 more players to come, hopefully.
    As a minimum I’d hope for 5 (and needs to be 5 of real quality) and that’s without many departures. 
  • Options
    Taylor is the new signing...🙄
    Joe Taylor?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Joe Taylor?
    I presume he means Terry
  • Options
    I just can't see Luton loaning Joe Taylor out. Even if they lost Morris or Adebayo I think they'd keep Taylor around their squad. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Joe Taylor?
    I presume he means Terry
    Joe Taylor of Luton was on loan at Lincoln last season very highly rated Luton unlikely looking to sell but a loan deal could be on the cards 
    What about Terry?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Joe Taylor?
    I presume he means Terry
    The moment's gone FA...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Joe Taylor?
    I presume he means Terry
    Joe Taylor of Luton was on loan at Lincoln last season very highly rated Luton unlikely looking to sell but a loan deal could be on the cards 
    What about Terry?
    Is he the rumoured new signing?
  • Options
    My invite the fixtures breakfast must have got lost in the post.

Any other titbits @DamoNorthStand @Swisdom ?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Joe Taylor?
    I presume he means Terry
    The moment's gone FA...🤷‍♂️
    Don't worry ET phone home... I knew what you meant
  • Options
    So that's eight more players by Sunday?

A promise is a promise Nath...
    I’d love for you to show me where he promised he’d have his squad complete by Sunday? 

Classic CL quote. Read something, make sweeping assumptions about what it means, change the wording to fit a narrative that isn’t true.

Not a promise but pretty categorical about the aim...

"We'd like to get our squad together by our return date of 27th June, that's what we think. We have worked tirelessly for the last 3-4 weeks.... I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time" said Nathan Jones on 10 June.
    So he said he’d really like to have his squad ready then.

Basically the same as a promise you’re right 
    I’m not clear why these words are causing issues.  Nobody said Jones “promised” anything, that’s your take reading the posts you apparently don’t like.  What jones said, and I requote, is “ I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time”.  It is therefore not unreasonable for people hearing or reading this that the goal was exactly what he said, and in turn to be concerned that his goals/aim (read stated targets) are not being met.  I’m not even sure why this is a disagreement.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    So that's eight more players by Sunday?

A promise is a promise Nath...
    I’d love for you to show me where he promised he’d have his squad complete by Sunday? 

Classic CL quote. Read something, make sweeping assumptions about what it means, change the wording to fit a narrative that isn’t true.

Not a promise but pretty categorical about the aim...

"We'd like to get our squad together by our return date of 27th June, that's what we think. We have worked tirelessly for the last 3-4 weeks.... I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time" said Nathan Jones on 10 June.
    So he said he’d really like to have his squad ready then.

Basically the same as a promise you’re right 
    I’m not clear why these words are causing issues.  Nobody said Jones “promised” anything, that’s your take reading the posts you apparently don’t like.  What jones said, and I requote, is “ I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time”.  It is therefore not unreasonable for people hearing or reading this that the goal was exactly what he said, and in turn to be concerned that his goals/aim (read stated targets) are not being met.  I’m not even sure why this is a disagreement.
    Someone literally said NJ promised. That's where this all started
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1805874304061448557?t=ydQvUOoPB5ArEq1Q6khVDA&s=19

cafc boss Nathan Jones on the mic at moment.

Happy with the transfer activity up to this point. Four deals done and has added that he thinks that is about to become five

He wouldn’t say who it was but pretty obvious from the hint he gave….
    what was the hint? 
    He said - We “may” need a striker and another ruddy goalkeeper.
  • Options

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't make it but the tickets did say 'Dress code - no cardigans' which is maybe why your invite didn't arrive. 😁
  • Options

Main thing was NJ came across very well - he’s definitely the kind of manager the board can trust around sponsors etc. He’s really good on stage. Speaks well.

Also not the kind of exclusive you’re after but if anyone sees the Sky Sports footage from today, they spoke to NJ, Charlie and ……. Me.

No I wasn’t asking Karan Patel for my tape measure back - but I have no idea when’s it’s going out on SSN so if anyone does see it and could record it I would appreciate it!