Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Be interested to hear what the management team consider the quality of the current squad to be, measured by the 8-8-8 benchmark they devised.
    888 was just a load of crap. As it stands tonight we are still woefully short imo.Even Jones said he'd like to get the majority of the signings done by Thursday. I'm sure even the more optimistic of yous out there thought we'd be further forward than we are currently. Thursday will be fun - Jones having to have loads of players around him that he doesn't want. I wonder how that will go. Do we have enough table tennis tables ?
    Most fans probably thought Jones was living in a dream world if he seriously thought he'd have all his signings done by the end of June because certain things required to achieve that wouldn't always be in his control.

For example we might want to sign a player but his club won't accept an offer until they've signed a replacement. We might be after 1-2 loans but some clubs generally wait to make a decision after they've returned to training and played a few pre-season games. 

It's all well and good him saying what he did, and i don't doubt he would've liked to have more in the door by now, but it's not necessarily down to us that we haven't.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think the outs are going to prove more difficult and we might be here on deadline day with a few still to be shifted on. 

Wonder if it's Crawley in for Lucas Ness , they are light at CB despite signing Charlie Barker. 
    It will be interesting to see what sales we actually manage to make. Hector is still without a club, Thomas dropped to L2 and I think the other released players are still mostly waiting for moves. It's very early days yes but on the face of it it doesn't look like anyone is beating at the door trying to sign our players (except May).

We don't want to end up in the position of having a decent team but weak squad as that leaves us vulnerable to injuries and suspensions.
    To be fair to Hector he is off playing in a major international tournament, the prospect of L1 (or below) is probably quite far down his mind for now
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I bet the Ipswich recruitment guy got a pay rise when they sold us Fraser. Getting shot of him will take some doing IMHO 
    Everyone we've signed from Ipswich lately has been horrendous.  We have to go back to Holland and Hreidarsson for anything decent from there.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    The fact is we are a League One club and that some of the players we are hopefully in the market for might be hanging on to see if something better comes along. I do recall Powell doing the bulk of his business early but he was the sort of bloke players wanted to play for which was a big factor. I'm sure Jones is a positive in that respect for us but maybe he hasn't quite got that aura Powell had. Not saying Powell is a better manager, just making a point about recruitment.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Don't forget Darren Bent Bent Bent!
    I knew there was an obvious one I'd forgotten!
  • Options
    edited June 26
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1805874304061448557?t=ydQvUOoPB5ArEq1Q6khVDA&s=19

cafc boss Nathan Jones on the mic at moment.

Happy with the transfer activity up to this point. Four deals done and has added that he thinks that is about to become five

He wouldn’t say who it was but pretty obvious from the hint he gave….
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://x.com/RichCawleySLP/status/1805874304061448557?t=ydQvUOoPB5ArEq1Q6khVDA&s=19

cafc boss Nathan Jones on the mic at moment.

Happy with the transfer activity up to this point. Four deals done and has added that he thinks that is about to become five

He wouldn’t say who it was but pretty obvious from the hint he gave….
    what was the hint? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd assume a keeper and not Ahadme. 
  • Options
    I’d assume Ahadme and not a keeper.🙂‍↔️
  • Options
    I’d assume Ahadme and not a keeper.🙂‍↔️
    Or Adam Davies
  • Options
    Weird thought of the day, well last 5 minutes as it is me, good way to announce a signing.....have players saying which fixture they are looking forward to and why, sneak in a new player and wait for the attentive to notice.  Would help publicise the fixtures as well.
  • Options
    If we keep hold of May then having him and Ahadme with Leaburn and Kanu as the back ups and Chuks the wildcard bench option should be a very decent 5 at this level. I wouldn't even be adverse to Alfie playing in the 10 behind both Leaburn and Ahadme if NJ want's two big guys up top.
    Why would you assume Ahadme is better than Leaburn?
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Weird thought of the day, well last 5 minutes as it is me, good way to announce a signing.....have players saying which fixture they are looking forward to and why, sneak in a new player and wait for the attentive to notice.  Would help publicise the fixtures as well.
    Sign him up!
  • Options
    If we keep hold of May then having him and Ahadme with Leaburn and Kanu as the back ups and Chuks the wildcard bench option should be a very decent 5 at this level. I wouldn't even be adverse to Alfie playing in the 10 behind both Leaburn and Ahadme if NJ want's two big guys up top.
    I would assume that this is/was the original plan given comments that we were looking at one striker if May stays and two if he goes.

The only question comes in with the injury records of both Leaburn and Chuks as we could go from 5 strikers to 3 very quickly and none of the academy prospects that I am aware of really fit the "big guy" status particularly well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam Davies played for Wales in a couple of recent friendlies so could a hold up be due to a holiday, if he is the keeper.
  • Options
    I’m hearing they’re very close, can someone shift up a bit.
  • Options
    whatever strikers we have we still need the midfield players to be able to supply them with chances, who do we have at present?
    Berry is going to be leant on a lot for that, as will the wingbacks. I'd imagine another creative midfielder is in the plans
  • Options
    edited June 26
    I hear that it's down to a fag papers distance with one and you cannot get a big arsed women between the next one!
    Exciting times indeed.
  • Options
    I keep reading some signings are very close.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    sam3110 said:
    whatever strikers we have we still need the midfield players to be able to supply them with chances, who do we have at present?
    Berry is going to be leant on a lot for that, as will the wingbacks. I'd imagine another creative midfielder is in the plans
    but shureley Fraser is back!