Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    Sounds like Ahadme is very close judging by the other forum. Not sure about the song though..!
    Had a quick look - also sounding more positive about May staying, from both our end and a Huddersfield fan.
    Huddersfield forum is in proper meltdown mode. Some saying "pay Charlton what they're asking for", others saying the opposite, handbags are out...

Think the money they got for Rudoni might have changed it entirely. Did have a peep at their main forum and there's a few accusations of us running an "auction" which I found quite amusing. 
    Huddersfield fans main spat is over whether May is good or stand out.
    Brilliant :D
  • Options
    edited June 25
    Someone on the Udders forum has thrown them all into a spin suggesting Alfie is going to Birmingham...🤷‍♂️, they are really getting jittery about it now bless 'em...🙄
  • Options
    So Jones wanted the majority of the work on the squad done by the end of June. That's Sunday. 

So far we have signed Lewis, Joey and Adam. ;)

How many more will we sign before Monday?
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Yann897 said:
    Uboat said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Yann897 said:
    Quick poll.

Wonder if our stand out signing of the summer has already been made, or yet to be signed.

The one that makes other clubs fans (and ours) go, "Oh really!"

I'm plumping for:
    Yet to be made
    I'd be surprised if there was a stand out signing, I think it's going to be more a sum of the parts.
    So you don’t think we’ve signed good players so far ?
    Didn't take you long. Good players or stand out players ?

Quick poll.

Wonder if our stand out signing of the summer has already been made, or yet to be signed.

The one that makes other clubs fans (and ours) go, "Oh really!"

I'm plumping for:
    Yet to be made
    I'd be surprised if there was a stand out signing, I think it's going to be more a sum of the parts.
    Would you like me to repeat the question ?
    You can ask it as many times as you like, if you don't understand the difference between stand out & good that's your problem. Trot on.
    And you didn’t answer did you! just your constant negative nonsense. 
    To be fair, he made a completely fair point; not even negative. It was your decision to change his words. 
    He’s always negative it’s boring if you don’t think Berry and Mitchell are good signing then you’re clueless.
    Tbh they look very positive and I think they will improve us alot, but they also may not as nothing is certain.
    One thing is certain, sell May to League One club and he'll bang 15-25 goals in for them and make us getting promoted challenging by that many goals over keeping him.
    And when we bring in two new strikers who both score at least 15 each we have 30 goals and not relying on one man … but May not leaving now 
  • Options
    So Jones wanted the majority of the work on the squad done by the end of June. That's Sunday. 

We’ve signed four so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

We’ve signed four so far.
    Of course I forgot about Walter the GK. ;)
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Rothko said:
    Only thing we learned is May got into double figures before throwing away his wicket
    Has anyone found the scorecard? Would be quite interested to see it
    https://farningham.play-cricket.com/website/results/6125444
    I was expecting (with his Charlton batting hat on) may to be 99 n/o with his team needing 2 runs to win, last ball, May - run out after tripping over his own laces. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Sounds from the os update that Leaburn will not be available any time soon.
    So currently we have 2 fit strikers, May and Kanu.
    So let's sell one of them! The one who has scored most goals! And bring in strikers with worse goal scoring records!
    Madness.
    I know he often is, but let’s at least not declare Aneke injured when he actually isn’t 😂
  • Options

It’ll be interesting in the first day back interview, whether the interviewer would have the balls to remind him of this, even though it’s a legitimate question and should quite rightly be asked?

• Options
    Not really
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Southbank said:
    So let's sell one of them! The one who has scored most goals! And bring in strikers with worse goal scoring records!
    Madness.
    I know he often is, but let’s at least not declare Aneke injured when he actually isn’t 😂
    Would you or anyone else start him? I think it's fair to describe him as unfit, even if not injured.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Just reading all the negative stuff about us and Alfie on the Huddersfield forum...😂😂
    Nice being on the giving rather than the receiving end for a change...
    I think that they are perfectly entitled to expect us to roll over and sell our top scorer for a pittance to them, and bloody quick about it too. How dare we stand in their way, I think I may have to shake my fists and tutt at them when they come to the Valley next season, I may even stamp my foot.
    Be careful, they may throw faggots at you in the reverse fixture.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Southbank said:
    Madness.
    Would you or anyone else start him? I think it's fair to describe him as unfit, even if not injured.
    I'll have a stab in that he'll not play 500 minutes of football for us this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    Madness.
    Aneke 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yann897 said:
    Doesn't pre-season start next Thursday? I thought we would have done more business by now if I'm being honest. Hopefully a busy week ahead.
    Technically it’s 4 players if Mitchell is done which is a lot more than usual before pre season, I think Jones has put un needed pressure on himself by saying it’ll be done when in hindsight it’s so rare to have your squad sorted by then but hopefully 2/3 next week and that’ll take us up to 6/7 which isn’t to bad.
    Still not enough & the 4 or 5 new players ncludes 2 GK's. We are still a very long way off assembling a squad that could get top 6, let alone automatic promotion. I'm not sure if a couple of defenders, 2 GK's & a midfielder on the wrong side of 30 could be described as squad rebuilding. 

Ho hum. 

I get where your coming from Golfie, we’re miles off at the moment, but let’s hope we are in a much better place with signings in a months time.

Football forums, and patience don’t seem to go hand in hand.
    The difference this year is Jones set the expectation that the squad would largely be in place in time for preseason.

With that being less than a week away it’s not looking like it’ll happen. We need around 8-10 signings and a handful of players to move on.
    Let’s get real, we’re not going to have made another 5-6 signings in the next week, 1-3 perhaps?

The hardest thing to do is stay chilled, the easiest thing to do is get stressed out about it, take your pick!

I'll open the box...🙄
    I’ll take the money. 
    Showing your ages here, yes for sure aaarggh bugger :#
    Bong!
    Grrr & I was doing so well  :(

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Met up with a friend yesterday who is close friends with an ex board member and the feeling is Alfie will go..... allegedly the investors have agreed for the "unwanted" to be cleared out and a spend of £7m (transfer fees, wages and disposal costs of unwanted players) has been authorised.

Please don't shoot the messenger - just passing on what I was told.
    I can confirm that my landscape gardener has told me that Alfie is unwanted. There, I’ve said it … 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    supaclive said:
    Met up with a friend yesterday who is close friends with an ex board member and the feeling is Alfie will go..... allegedly the investors have agreed for the "unwanted" to be cleared out and a spend of £7m (transfer fees, wages and disposal costs of unwanted players) has been authorised.

I can confirm that my landscape gardener has told me that Alfie is unwanted. There, I’ve said it … 
    Planting seeds of this rumour I see 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    supaclive said:

Such a grass 
    Not beating around the bush though!
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    supaclive said:

Such a grass 
    Not beating around the bush though!
    Not saying he's defo gone so hedging his bets
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    supaclive said:

Alfie being turfed out?