Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Unreliable source saying £200k fee for Mitchell and fee agreed for Adheme.

WIOTOS
    Millwall fans are saying it was 350,000 
    You should know by now Millwall fans talk shit and find it difficult to string a sentence together.  :D
    So you're saying Ronnie is a Millwall fan? :)
    Nail on head you have hit…😏
  • Options

WIOTOS
    You should know by now Millwall fans talk shit and find it difficult to string a sentence together.  :D
    Wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

WIOTOS
    Speaking like Yoda you are. Know why I do not.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny...🤪
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

WIOTOS
    He who rides a tiger may never dismount. 🤔
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

WIOTOS
    Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day...🤔
  • Options
    edited June 25
    Nothing to see here 👀

literally
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

WIOTOS
    Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day...🤔
    Man who fart in church sit in own pew
  • Options
    So that's eight more players by Sunday?

A promise is a promise Nath...
  • Options

Did he promise or say he would like most to have signed ? I'm 99% certain no promise was made by anyone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:

Did he promise or say he would like most to have signed ? I'm 99% certain no promise was made by anyone. 
    What was said by the SMT was that, players coming to Charlton will be good enough not only to gain promotion but also able to push on higher in championship.

Also be said by Nathan Jones.

Wonder what Charlton will be telling us tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited June 26

I’d love for you to show me where he promised he’d have his squad complete by Sunday? 

Classic CL quote. Read something, make sweeping assumptions about what it means, change the wording to fit a narrative that isn’t true.
    Well said, Herminator. That was absolute bovine excrement.
  • Options

I’d love for you to show me where he promised he’d have his squad complete by Sunday? 

Classic CL quote. Read something, make sweeping assumptions about what it means, change the wording to fit a narrative that isn’t true.

Not a promise but pretty categorical about the aim...

"We'd like to get our squad together by our return date of 27th June, that's what we think. We have worked tirelessly for the last 3-4 weeks.... I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time" said Nathan Jones on 10 June.
    They failed in their aim, or are going to get yet more mental gymnastics why they didn’t fail, like the selling of our record goal scorer to a rival.
  • Options

"We'd like to get our squad together by our return date of 27th June, that's what we think. We have worked tirelessly for the last 3-4 weeks.... I am sure that by the time we return on 27th June we will have the majority, if not all of our squad together as pre season is a really important time" said Nathan Jones on 10 June.
    So he said he’d really like to have his squad ready then.

Basically the same as a promise you’re right 
  • Options

They failed in their aim, or are going to get yet more mental gymnastics why they didn’t fail, like the selling of our record goal scorer to a rival.
    Er no. You can't blame them for something they haven't actually done (yet.) I would be amongst those displeased if Alfie does get sold but until he does its still just speculation.
  • Options
    edited June 26

You promised you’d never criticise anyone;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have signed 4 players.

If the plan was to sign 7 then we've already signed "the majority".

We may yet sign others this week.

It wasn't a promise, it was an aspiration. Not sure why, after all these years, people expect transfer windows to go smoothly or to schedule. That includes fans and managers.
    Yes, but you promised it would;)
  • Options

It wasn't a promise, it was an aspiration. Not sure why, after all these years, people expect transfer windows to go smoothly or to schedule. That includes fans and managers.
    He also wanted a smaller squad to work with as well... Right or wrong, time will tell, but we always do seem to leave us short! But hopefully investing the medical side of it, means we don't suffer as many injuries!
  • Options
    He already has a decent number of players to train with so far. A lot more than last season, I guess
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I bet the Ipswich recruitment guy got a pay rise when they sold us Fraser. Getting shot of him will take some doing IMHO 
    We might well be saying the same about Ahadme ?
  • Options
    There aDubaiCAFC said:

He also wanted a smaller squad to work with as well... Right or wrong, time will tell, but we always do seem to leave us short! But hopefully investing the medical side of it, means we don't suffer as many injuries!
    There are still a few "surplus to requirements" players plus some youth players who might benefit some a loan.

But moving on players is in someways harder then buying them.  The word was that the budget allows for the cost of moving players out but a deal still needs to be done.
  • Options
    I think the outs are going to prove more difficult and we might be here on deadline day with a few still to be shifted on. 

Wonder if it's Crawley in for Lucas Ness , they are light at CB despite signing Charlie Barker. 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Redhenry said:
    I bet the Ipswich recruitment guy got a pay rise when they sold us Fraser. Getting shot of him will take some doing IMHO 
    I seem to remember we were clamouring to get the deal done at the time like the ravenous beasts that we are!  ie "Whose Fraser?", "Is Fraser coming?!", "What time is Fraser signing?!", "Has he signed yet?", "Is he here yet?", "Is that him?"....... then "Oh! Bugger!!".
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I think the outs are going to prove more difficult and we might be here on deadline day with a few still to be shifted on. 

Wonder if it's Crawley in for Lucas Ness , they are light at CB despite signing Charlie Barker. 
    It will be interesting to see what sales we actually manage to make. Hector is still without a club, Thomas dropped to L2 and I think the other released players are still mostly waiting for moves. It's very early days yes but on the face of it it doesn't look like anyone is beating at the door trying to sign our players (except May).

We don't want to end up in the position of having a decent team but weak squad as that leaves us vulnerable to injuries and suspensions.
  • Options
    There aDubaiCAFC said:

There are still a few "surplus to requirements" players plus some youth players who might benefit some a loan.

But moving on players is in someways harder then buying them.  The word was that the budget allows for the cost of moving players out but a deal still needs to be done.

I don’t know how many clubs have a year end of 30th June but I would guess that it’s a reasonable assumption that a lot do, if not most/all of them. Rotherham and Steve Evans aside, I would suspect a lot of clubs are watching the pennies and managing their books to try and avoid bringing in players this side of the year end if they can, particularly if they’ve got their own surplus to requirement players still on the payroll until that date as well. If that’s the case then next week should start seeing more activity