Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    cfgs said:
    I keep reading some signings are very close.
    Yes, the pen is often touching the paper!
  • Options
    Be interested to hear what the management team consider the quality of the current squad to be, measured by the 8-8-8 benchmark they devised.
    888 was just a load of crap. As it stands tonight we are still woefully short imo.Even Jones said he'd like to get the majority of the signings done by Thursday. I'm sure even the more optimistic of yous out there thought we'd be further forward than we are currently. Thursday will be fun - Jones having to have loads of players around him that he doesn't want. I wonder how that will go. Do we have enough table tennis tables ?
    Most fans probably thought Jones was living in a dream world if he seriously thought he'd have all his signings done by the end of June because certain things required to achieve that wouldn't always be in his control.

For example we might want to sign a player but his club won't accept an offer until they've signed a replacement. We might be after 1-2 loans but some clubs generally wait to make a decision after they've returned to training and played a few pre-season games. 

It's all well and good him saying what he did, and i don't doubt he would've liked to have more in the door by now, but it's not necessarily down to us that we haven't.
    The Euros/copa America will delay things too, not because we are signing players playing in either, but transfer activity often filters down the leagues in a bit of a chain/knock on effect 
  • Options
    Does anybody know if there's any signings close 
  • Options
    Taylor is the new signing...🙄
  • Options
    whatever strikers we have we still need the midfield players to be able to supply them with chances, who do we have at present?
    Jones' system favours supply from attacking WBs mostly so Ramsay, Small and (hopefully) Edwards will be the providers. We do need a more creative midfielder though.
  • Options
    Agreed, once Ahadme and Keeper are done we really need to concentrate on central midfield. Need another starter to play alongside Coventry and Berry. Anderson and Taylor are fine as back ups but need some more creativity in there.
    I guess May and Campbell are potential options in the 10
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Agreed, once Ahadme and Keeper are done we really need to concentrate on central midfield. Need another starter to play alongside Coventry and Berry. Anderson and Taylor are fine as back ups but need some more creativity in there.
    100% I think Keillor-Dunn would be perfect for us !
  • Options
    edited June 26
    I expect the No10 to be someone we spend a considerable fee on. Obviously we tried for Aaron Collins in January and someone of that mould won't come cheap but will be absolutely key to how Jones wants to play.

And no the answer isn't Scott Fraser because I expect he'll be back north of the border. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of those crappy transfer Twitter accounts linking us to Spurs young striker Jude Soonsup-Bell on loan. Probably based on a Mirror article that said there was League 1 interest in him yesterday. 
  • Options
    Cyrus Christie another we’ve been linked to by a Twitter account. Right back, guessing he’s been released by Hull? 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Might be a reason it is a little quiet on linking us to midfielders! 

You mean we are Hungary for more? 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Cyrus Christie another we’ve been linked to by a Twitter account. Right back, guessing he’s been released by Hull? 
    https://x.com/efl_hub/status/1805911720419832047?t=U11wgiEHOJnQ6AYSge5wcw&s=19

The source 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if there was anything in the Christie rumour , RB/RWB is one position we're well set at 
    Hopefully wouldn't be another Gunter if he did sign
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    One of those crappy transfer Twitter accounts linking us to Spurs young striker Jude Soonsup-Bell on loan. Probably based on a Mirror article that said there was League 1 interest in him yesterday. 
    I think getting a PL youngster to bolster our striking options might be shrewd. Assuming Ahadme signs that leaves May and Kanu with Aneke when he’s available and Leaburn when he is fit enough. There are very large questions marks over the last two having much or any impact next season. We can hope but if they aren’t able to contribute much then we’re very light up front. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Would be surprised if there was anything in the Christie rumour , RB/RWB is one position we're well set at 
    Hopefully wouldn't be another Gunter if he did sign

That would be my concern. Played 28 times for Hull last season. 
  • Options

I hope she can tackle like Dobbo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Dobson being announced as a new signing yet for his Hungarian Club ? 
  • Options
    I think if we sign Ahadme, Christie & Davies, that's us almost done. I would like to see us sign a proper 10 and a box to box midfielder but I think that might be enough/I can't see us signing much more unless we move some players on. 

Based on rumours, and of course, the two midfielders I'd like to see we would look something like this, doesn't look too shabby: 

• Options
    Has Dobson being announced as a new signing yet for his Hungarian Club ? 
    Don’t think we will hear anything till 1st July.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You're picking a semi-immobile Gillesphey over our shiny new Scottish signing?
    And no Berry!
  • Options
    I think if we sign Ahadme, Christie & Davies, that's us almost done. I would like to see us sign a proper 10 and a box to box midfielder but I think that might be enough/I can't see us signing much more unless we move some players on. 

Based on rumours, and of course, the two midfielders I'd like to see we would look something like this, doesn't look too shabby: 

Think Mitchell is definitely best on the right of a 3. I’m expecting another new CB in to play in the middle, maybe Sonny Bradley 

Add in Berry to that midfield and that’s 1 less starter to find