Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Only Charlton, surely somebody has to answer to the f up

Yes Dobson why did he sign a contract when the club had made him offers .. why did he not wait till end of season before looking at his options he was very poorly advised and a hint of panic when he did not receive another single offer from anyone else .. 
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?...just stop making it up as you go along for once...🤷‍♂️
    Because he didn’t …….. source his dad who was telling everyone that in Bartrums he also told people that it was never about money just the length of contract that was on the table ….. he was offered 3 year deal with a one year option to move abroad    
  • Options
    I mean this should be a good start... 

Ahadme - May

Coventry - Dobson - Berry

Edwards - Gillesphey - Mitchell - E-Green - Small

Mannion

But I can't see Dobson coming back
  • Options
    edited June 26

• Options
    I thought it was Small LWB and Ramsay RWB, but what do I know
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Yes Dobson why did he sign a contract when the club had made him offers .. why did he not wait till end of season before looking at his options he was very poorly advised and a hint of panic when he did not receive another single offer from anyone else .. 

To be fair, we’ve just been told he didn’t want to go to Hungary at all so the fact he signed a pre contract could well imply he didn’t have other offers.
  • Options
    Ramsay will play right back / right wing back.
  • Options
    Every day I look on here to see if there is any news on 'incoming players'. Every day it's the same old conversation about either Dobson or May! Surely it's been done to death now....can we just see what the hell transpires with these two and just move on, please?
    To be fair, Dobson has come up again as someone posted in the place that shall not be named that we have put an offer in for Dobson. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    follett said:
    Other forum is saying we have made a bid for Dobson ... 
    You can't write it
    I just can't believe it but if true that's an absolute disaster for the club
    I would be so hacked off at this. Regardless of opinion on Dobson as a player what a waste of money it would be paying a fee for someone who was our player last year. 
    And we'd never do that  :D
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

To be fair, we’ve just been told he didn’t want to go to Hungary at all so the fact he signed a pre contract could well imply he didn’t have other offers.
    Apart from us if that is the case, so he just apparently jumps ship to a country he doesn't want to go to, taking his family and all with him...Mmmm, does that really make sense...🙄
    I know he has to take it while he can and all that, but this seems a bit extreme imo
  • Options
    If there's a chance of bringing Dobson back at a reasonable fee we should absolutely jump at the chance. Sure it might look a bit embarrassing but nothing wrong with correcting a massive mistake. 

He has been by far and away one of best players for the last few seasons, he is a leader, fans favourite and most of all is a known quantity. You know he will deliver consistent performances game after game.

We could quite easily spend the fee and wages we might spend on Dobbo on someone else who could turn out to be an absolute flop (As we have season after season). Is anyone convinced we are going to sign anyone better than Dobson this window? I'm certainly not.

I agree. Admitting to a mistake and correcting it would give me more confidence than pretending it was what they wanted all along, which smells like the spivs and their various successors.
  • Options
    If you ever feel like we’ve done bad deals. Don’t forget we let Aneke leave on a free, for us to then pay money to sign him again 6 months later and for him to be injured ever since. 

Paying a fee / penalty to have Dobbo with us next season is a must. Simple as that. 

However, probably completely unlikely and no point talking about it 😂
  • Options
    IF, and I impress it’s a colossal if that anything with Dobson happens in my opinion, he does end up back with us next season, I would suggest that it would be quite the endorsement of Jones and the direction he feels the club is going. 

For now though, I’ll stick to having made my piece with the fact he’s gone to Hungary.
  • Options
    Either way, resigning him on a long contract was top tier. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If there's a chance of bringing Dobson back at a reasonable fee we should absolutely jump at the chance. Sure it might look a bit embarrassing but nothing wrong with correcting a massive mistake. 

He has been by far and away one of best players for the last few seasons, he is a leader, fans favourite and most of all is a known quantity. You know he will deliver consistent performances game after game.

We could quite easily spend the fee and wages we might spend on Dobbo on someone else who could turn out to be an absolute flop (As we have season after season). Is anyone convinced we are going to sign anyone better than Dobson this window? I'm certainly not.

I have been saying all along that I had a suspicion we’d be back in for Dobo.
    Don’t know the strength of it but it wouldn’t surprise me one little bit.🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    Richard Cawley has tweeted there’s no change in Dobson leaving 
  • Options
    Richard Cawley has tweeted there’s no change in Dobson leaving 
    So it's not a cash deal then?  Thanks for the info Ricardo!
  • Options
    I think Jones' comments today suggest that he's off. Interesting that the club didn't use him in the fixtures marketing either.
    Where are the comments, was there an interview ? Thanks
  • Options
    JordanJLD said:
    If you ever feel like we’ve done bad deals. Don’t forget we let Aneke leave on a free, for us to then pay money to sign him again 6 months later and for him to be injured ever since. 

Paying a fee / penalty to have Dobbo with us next season is a must. Simple as that. 

All day long.

'Bringing back' Dobson or bringing in a new player the end result is still the same.

Offer 200k and see the Hungarians say yes very quickly,for them it is money for nothing.

You do not get rid of our best players, and ones that still want to play for us.

Charlton need to sort this out.....NOW 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    JordanJLD said:

All day long.

'Bringing back' Dobson or bringing in a new player the end result is still the same.

Offer 200k and see the Hungarians say yes very quickly,for them it is money for nothing.

You do not get rid of our best players, and ones that still want to play for us.

Charlton need to sort this out.....NOW 
    I think its  all ready sorted, relax , he’s not coming back, game over, time to move on.
    A situation that can be resolved very easily for all parties.

Pay the money.