Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    They May be making an announcement?
    Maybe not...hopefully🙄
  • Options
    Alfie has been at sparrows lane all day so it’s not him.
    Could be clearing his locker...🙄
  • Options
    No chance
  • Options
    On a plus, we don't have too many duds in the squad. At this stage we normally see X, Y or Z has renewed their contract for 1 year. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    On a plus, we don't have too many duds in the squad. At this stage we normally see X, Y or Z has renewed their contract for 1 year. 
    I'm still expecting 4 or 5 to leave. Both goalkeepers, Fraser & Taylor are the main ones. I know that recent interview doesn't mention Fraser by name but Cawley then mentions him so it's a veiled statement to say a few are on notice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    I'm still expecting 4 or 5 to leave. Both goalkeepers, Fraser & Taylor are the main ones. I know that recent interview doesn't mention Fraser by name but Cawley then mentions him so it's a veiled statement to say a few are on notice. 
    Edun and Ness too.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Danny Mandroiu?  Fantastic!  Let's sign him.  

I approach this one with a lot of confidence.  It seems just "right", in many ways.  I'll look at it a bit deeper.  

Like almost all other League One and Two players, I have never heard of him.  But, initially, it seems as if it's going to work out.  It starts with Dan.  Brilliant.  I get that.  Great footballer's name.  But then I look deeper.  It's not Dan, it's Danny.  Even better!  I think I am going to cope with this one.  Mills.  Murphy.  Shittu.  We've had some Dans.  This one is going to be a doddle.  But let's look at his surname.  

Man.  OK, that works too.  Sadio Mane used to play for Liverpool.  I can cope with this.  But also, "man".  That's the name of two actual football teams, City and the other one. Dan the Man!  I love it! 

But, wait.  There's more than just m-a-n.  There's a d. Mandrake? Mandible?  Mandelson?

An R?  What the holy fuck is this?  Vowel, vowel, vowel?  It's like Rachel has given up and just bunged up all the letters from the right-hand box onto the screen. 

Madro-ee-oo?  Mandroy-oo? Mandro-aye-oo? I have no idea. 

I hope we don't sign him.  

[Note: I just thought I would share what went through my mind in the 0.5 seconds after I first saw his name] 
    I think you may be overthinking this one. ( you can substitute Over-thinking with Over drinking if thats more accurate!).
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    Edun and Ness too.
    And maybe a few out on loan, mostly youth - at least one of Mbick or Casey, possibly both and potentially Asiimwe but he might be one on Jones "fringe players" list who has a chance of playing into contention.
  • Options
    edited June 27
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    Don't think Taylor will be going anywhere. My guess is that, like L Jones, he was being protected after coming back from injury and will be more involved this season
    Was L Jones being protected? I thought someone visiting the training ground confirmed that he was actually injured.

Re: Taylor, I feel like he just wasn't making the squads. He is a ball-playing deep midfielder who lacks physicality and it's hard to imagine him fitting into a Jones team. I guess we'll see, though. 
  • Options
    Not a reliable source but would be a great signing. 

Hoping there's some truth to this one:

Scored 14 goals in 56 league appearances since joining them. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    Don't think Taylor will be going anywhere. My guess is that, like L Jones, he was being protected after coming back from injury and will be more involved this season
    Was L Jones being protected? I thought someone visiting the training ground confirmed that he was actually injured.

Re: Taylor, I feel like he just wasn't making the squads. He is a ball-playing deep midfielder who lacks physicality and it's hard to imagine him fitting into a Jones team. I guess we'll see, though. 
    Cawley said it somewhere, possibly on his pod which makes it hard to find!
  • Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedRobin said:

Not transfer related but Charlie boy now CEO, anyone surprised? 
    Not involved with the playing side of the club .. 
    Thanks RM, straight from the horses mouth.

Does Methane count as a new signing and one of the 4 NJ talked about.

Having said all that and knowing how suspicious some are about his involvement, presumably because of “Sunderland Till I Die” but does it necessarily translate he will be that person or can he be different with us because of that experience?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Move to make it easier to sack Scott if the first half of the season doesn’t go well
    About 12 months too late.
    But better late than never. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:

Does he lack physicality? My memory of the descriptions of him when he signed were that he loved a tackle and liked throwing himself about the place but he could play a bit too. I also remember someone saying he was being protected because we'd rushed players back in the past to their and our detriment. I'm hopeful he'll be the backup to Coventry and we just need to focus on pushing the boat out on one more quality midfielder
  • Options
    edited June 27
    Jones seen in the recovery gym and was listed on the fitness board as injured when i visited the training ground in April.

Taylor wasnt shown as injured and had played reserve games. He was training with the first team.
  • Options
    Wasn’t Rodwell CEO ?

Still chairman, with responsibility for football matters.

Moving the deck chairs around …. ?
  • Options
    edited June 27
    Form the other forum and coventry's they reckon we've agreed a deal for Matt godden.
  • Options
    Steven81 said:
    Form the other forum and coventry's they reckon we've agreed a deal for Matt godden.
    Got to be one we’d only push through if May is sold.