Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Godden is a shoddy replacement. 

They have money (allegedly) so spend it on Ahadme, and keep our player of the year. Shouldn't even be a debate about this tbh. 

Are we actually close to signing Ahadme? Or is this the usual nonsense where x owner says they put in a bid but couldn't get it over the line? 

Wouldn't put it past them at all to sell May, spend on Godden and use the rest to balance the books for the players we have already signed. 

Minted owners my arse, until I see them actually put the money down like Sandgaard did, it's all talk. No top club in this league would sell their star striker to a rival, we are the only club that would try this shit, and our hopeful fans lap it up.
    Yup.
  • Options
    Jones says that the club have been bold in their recruitment?

From what we’ve brought in so far, would you agree?
  • Options

Time will tell.

They need to be bold in player retention as well otherwise recruitment is pointless. 
  • Options

They've boldly recruited hardly any of the replacements we need. Brave. 
  • Options

They have money (allegedly) so spend it on Ahadme, and keep our player of the year. Shouldn't even be a debate about this tbh. 

Are we actually close to signing Ahadme? Or is this the usual nonsense where x owner says they put in a bid but couldn't get it over the line? 

Wouldn't put it past them at all to sell May, spend on Godden and use the rest to balance the books for the players we have already signed. 

Minted owners my arse, until I see them actually put the money down like Sandgaard did, it's all talk. No top club in this league would sell their star striker to a rival, we are the only club that would try this shit, and our hopeful fans lap it up.
    There seems to be a lot of talk about Ahadme, how many people have actually seen much of him ? I have to say I don't recall seeing him myself, he has an ok record last year but nothing really before then & Burton supporters are less than complimentary. Why is everyone so keen ?
  • Options
    edited June 27
    sam3110 said:

What? 

Fat lot of good that did eh? And where did he spend all that money, certainly not on a recruitment team, or backroom staff, or the pitch, or on the club shop, or on decent players...
    He appointed the exact manager everyone wanted, he even stuck with him for too long to stay on the fans side. He appointed a manager in Adkins that on paper, looked a sound appointment. It didn't work out, shit happens. He still appointed the managers fans wanted, and he still spent a considerable amount of cash. He also stuck with the same head of recruitment in Gallen, that a lot of people painted as a messiah, when it was clear he wasn't after x amount of dud signings. 

Unfortunately for him, he was ill advised and it ended sour. He still showed more ambition than these lot who are now on their 4th window? And spent a pretty miniscule amount, and are looking to subsidise that anyway by trying to sell our best player. 

Just seen this too many times and it's likely it ends up the same way. I'm impressed with the Mitchell signing, and Berry, but it pretty much all gets thrown away when you sell the better players in the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There seems to be a lot of talk about Ahadme, how many people have actually seen much of him ? I have to say I don't recall seeing him myself, he has an ok record last year but nothing really before then & Burton supporters are less than complimentary. Why is everyone so keen ?
    Burton supporters saw him as a 19-21 year old to be fair. I haven't seen too much of him but he was clearly the stand out player in our home game against Cambridge last season. He was strong, held up the ball well and scored a couple of good goals. Didn't do as much in the second game. The Cambridge fans rate him.

We all want May to stay but there is no denying that the players that have been signed in January and so far this month have and will improve us. Long way to go but combined with the infrastructure and the appointing of a real manager, you can't say that the owners aren't trying.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Embarrassing! Imagine getting this upset before we’ve even sold May , bought Godden ( as the replacement ) or wait to see what sort of squad we have . The new owners have already put their hands in their pocket. I’m glad a lot of fans are having patience and some sense.
    I am not upset, just being realistic. 

They haven't really spent much, we have discovered most of the impressive signings have been on a free, and pretty much every club at this level spends slight fees regardless, that's the bare minimum to keep up now.

Sorry but I've read this transfer thread for years now, and the outcome is always the same. Best player(s) sold, replaced with lesser players, mid-table, sack manager, rinse and repeat. Currently, we are leaning towards that same cycle again, that's my view. 

As always, time will tell. 
  • Options

As an afterthought, he could also have been referring to backroom staff as well?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

What? 

Fat lot of good that did eh? And where did he spend all that money, certainly not on a recruitment team, or backroom staff, or the pitch, or on the club shop, or on decent players...
    Decent players?
  • Options
    May 31 Godden 32 … so little diff in age 
  • Options
    May 31 Godden 32 … so little diff in age 
    Just under 2 years. Godden turns 33 at the end of the next month. May 31 at the start of July 
  • Options
    Maybe I’m being naive and Jones is covering up for the ownership group*, but it very much sounds to me that he is taking massive ownership and driving what happens in this window**. And currently I am not seeing or hearing anything from the developments so far that it is outside the expectations of what Jones is demanding. 

On this I don’t trust or mistrust Jones and don’t really understand why people what to frame their views that way - especially as it makes no difference to what will happen if you do or don’t. However I’m certainly not going to get to angry or to excited about anything until the season has started and we have started actually playing some games. 

*From his previous history he does not seem to be the person to be like that.
    **He wanted to be ‘manager’, he has said that there is no pressure for him to sell May, he has said that they are being bold in who they go for, he said he made unpopular decisions in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unreliable source suggesting a religous signing
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

What? 

Decent players?
    Yeah, give me a list of decent players we signed under Sandgaard. I reckon it's pretty bloody short. Supposedly he spent loads of money but it got him absolutely nowhere
  • Options
    `Christian Daily was one of my favourite post premier league players. I'm glad he is coming back!
  • Options
    Nick Pope back?
  • Options
    GODden
  • Options
    Jesus Navas has to be pushing 40 ?
  • Options
    Nick Pope back?
    Mohammed Salah or Gabriel Jesus...
  • Options
    Cameron Carter-Vickers to shore up defence ?