Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited June 28
    RedRobin said:
    Cawley has said on his pod that Ipswich want £1m for Ahadme. 
    He isn't worth 1 million imo, they're having a laugh. If he's worth 1 million, May is worth 3 to us. 

May is practically a sure thing at this point to hit 20 goals across all comps in a season at this level, Ahadme doesn't offer that on paper, and his hold up play can't be that good or he would have made the grade at Ipswich as they climbed. 

There was talk of signing players that would be top end of this league and ready to make the step, Ahadme doesn't strike me as that type of signing, but rather potential/ a punt. So far I'd argue only Berry fits that bill, but because of his age we don't know how long for. 
    He not if he sitting on the bench like Jones has indicated 
    Where has Jones "indicated" as you put it, that Alfie will be on the bench any more than anyone else...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    He isn't worth 1 million imo, they're having a laugh. If he's worth 1 million, May is worth 3 to us. 

May is practically a sure thing at this point to hit 20 goals across all comps in a season at this level, Ahadme doesn't offer that on paper, and his hold up play can't be that good or he would have made the grade at Ipswich as they climbed. 

There was talk of signing players that would be top end of this league and ready to make the step, Ahadme doesn't strike me as that type of signing, but rather potential/ a punt. So far I'd argue only Berry fits that bill, but because of his age we don't know how long for. 
    Where has Jones "indicated" as you put it, that Alfie will be on the bench any more than anyone else...🤷‍♂️
    I’d say last season is a big indication, the way he kept bringing him off and not starting him on a few occasions.
  • Options
    People seem to be getting cross that we are possibly spending money one day and then cross that we are being tight when we don't the next. 

We have had a much better start to the summer than usual by releasing some players that had to go and bringing 4 in before the start of pre season. We all want more, I am certain Jones and co want it even more than we do. Let's just chill and see how we look in a few weeks.
  • Options
    When do they travel to Slovenia for pre season, imagine a few new faces before then
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    RedRobin said:

I’d say last season is a big indication, the way he kept bringing him off and not starting him on a few occasions.
    Substitutions are part and parcel of the game, indicates nothing other than a change of personnel to suit a particular situation, Alfie will hopefully be here next season, but as part of a better setup.
    To say he will be on the bench per se is misleading... 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Suddenly clear why it appears we’ll sell May and bring in Ahadme and Godden.
    What happened to the money we were supposedly going to use to buy Collins or Clarke-Harris 6 months ago?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    What happened to the money we were supposedly going to use to buy Collins or Clarke-Harris 6 months ago?
    Well we’ve spent 300k so far , 200k- Mitchell , 100k Edwards . But also there’s still 2 months of the window left so plenty of time left to spend money but atleast we’re spending money rather than loans. Cant stand loan signings unless it’s just to fill in gaps in the squad.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    RedRobin said:

Let's be honest though, do you or anyone actually have a clue about this player? People going on like they've seen him play and can accurately determine his value. 
    No tbh, but I have a decent-ish idea on him. Seen him play a handful of times, looked at his stats, spent time on other teams forums where he has played and took notice of their posts, plus Twitter. The fact he also couldn't make the grade at Ipswich and we are looking to emulate what they have done. I just don't think that's a good move. 

I personally wouldn't value him at 1 million, but it's not my money and if he makes Charlton Athletic stronger then I'd be fine with it. I just hope it isn't at the expense of my favourite player who I know will come up with the goods. 
    Fair play 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann897 said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Well we’ve spent 300k so far , 200k- Mitchell , 100k Edwards . But also there’s still 2 months of the window left so plenty of time left to spend money but atleast we’re spending money rather than loans. Cant stand loan signings unless it’s just to fill in gaps in the squad.
    Half of it went in paying up Charlie Kirk contract 
    Just making shi* up as usual, does it ever get boring?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    People seem to be getting cross that we are possibly spending money one day and then cross that we are being tight when we don't the next. 

We have had a much better start to the summer than usual by releasing some players that had to go and bringing 4 in before the start of pre season. We all want more, I am certain Jones and co want it even more than we do. Let's just chill and see how we look in a few weeks.
    Yeah I realise I've just said I wouldn't be happy with 1 million on Ahadme, but I more so mean at the cost of Alfs expense I wouldn't be happy. 

If we sign Ahadme he makes us stronger and it isn't my money so I'd be of course fine with it. I do think Ipswich however, are having us on.
  • Options
    edited June 28
    There are some pretty damning comments about the owner's ambition over on the other forum. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Mere loose change if you’re a billionaire.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Lincoln are having a massive churn of their playing side this year, I suppose that is what happens when you perform above and not below your aspirations.
    Crawley Town losing loads of their top performers for same reason. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Have to agree with the other poster who challenged the idea we'd been "bold in our recruitment". Other than a 32-year-old Berry, we've made some solid signings, but nobody who gets the blood pumping.
    The bold signing was Alfie May last season, and now we are rumored to be selling him. The new signings sound decent in theory (but not bold), but we have had plenty of signings in the past who sounded great but turned out to be not quite so great (well, shit). 
  • Options
    Sambcafc said:
    Yann897 said:
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Half of it went in paying up Charlie Kirk contract 
    Just making shi* up as usual, does it ever get boring?
    We had to pay 6 figure sum to buy out the last 14 months of his contract 
  • Options
    edited June 28
    Swisdom said:
    Chunes said:
    Have to agree with the other poster who challenged the idea we'd been "bold in our recruitment". Other than a 32-year-old Berry, we've made some solid signings, but nobody who gets the blood pumping.
    Maybe not individually….nut it’s a team sport. Maybe they have the character to combine and make us a better team.
    a bit like when the transformers all merge together to form a big fuck-off robot!
    Haha. Yeah, but still feel that isn't "bold".

Of course we can argue they will make the team better (bloody hope so).

Feel like the statement doesn't align with the reality of who we've signed so far. "We've been solid in our recruitment so far" would've been closer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Just because we haven’t spent it by the end of June, doesn’t mean we wont. And yes, I also appreciate that it doesn’t mean that we will. However, we have spent fees on two players, reported to be between £300-500 combined depending on which posts to believe.

how many other league 1 teams will spend that sort of money on two players at this level? A handful at most?
  • Options
    edited June 28
  • Options
    Bishop won't be the creative midfield signing but great competition for one of the other midfield slots alongside Berry with Anderson and Terry Taylor 
  • Options
    edited June 28
    RedRobin said:
    Is he really that good?

If he is, and worth getting, couldn’t we do a fee say 500k over 3 years, and another if we got promotion to league one, would then give us a budget left to play with.