Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Options
    Unreliable source suggesting a religous signing
    Colby Bishop 😀
  • Options
    Oh fuck, not Simon Church!!!!
  • Options
    Russ Abbott.....got to stop drinking on Thursdays!!!
  • Options
    Jesus Christ!

No. NOT the signing...
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Godden is a shoddy replacement. 

They have money (allegedly) so spend it on Ahadme, and keep our player of the year. Shouldn't even be a debate about this tbh. 

Are we actually close to signing Ahadme? Or is this the usual nonsense where x owner says they put in a bid but couldn't get it over the line? 

Wouldn't put it past them at all to sell May, spend on Godden and use the rest to balance the books for the players we have already signed. 

Minted owners my arse, until I see them actually put the money down like Sandgaard did, it's all talk. No top club in this league would sell their star striker to a rival, we are the only club that would try this shit, and our hopeful fans lap it up.
    There seems to be a lot of talk about Ahadme, how many people have actually seen much of him ? I have to say I don't recall seeing him myself, he has an ok record last year but nothing really before then & Burton supporters are less than complimentary. Why is everyone so keen ?
    Burton supporters saw him as a 19-21 year old to be fair. I haven't seen too much of him but he was clearly the stand out player in our home game against Cambridge last season. He was strong, held up the ball well and scored a couple of good goals. Didn't do as much in the second game. The Cambridge fans rate him.

We all want May to stay but there is no denying that the players that have been signed in January and so far this month have and will improve us. Long way to go but combined with the infrastructure and the appointing of a real manager, you can't say that the owners aren't trying.
    Not saying the owners aren't trying though I would like to know why we're apparently trying to get rid of the leading goalscorer in the division but thanks for the input. As I said I don't recall seeing him (I probably missed the Cambridge game) & with a sketchy record I just wondered why so many seemed keen on signing him. 👍
  • Options
    Unreliable source suggesting a religous signing
    Have faith, Henry.

• Options
    Connor Chaplain.....night!!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    May 31 Godden 32 … so little diff in age 
    Just under 2 years. Godden turns 33 at the end of the next month. May 31 at the start of July 

May has about 2 decent years left in him... Oh! 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

They have money (allegedly) so spend it on Ahadme, and keep our player of the year. Shouldn't even be a debate about this tbh. 

Are we actually close to signing Ahadme? Or is this the usual nonsense where x owner says they put in a bid but couldn't get it over the line? 

Wouldn't put it past them at all to sell May, spend on Godden and use the rest to balance the books for the players we have already signed. 

Minted owners my arse, until I see them actually put the money down like Sandgaard did, it's all talk. No top club in this league would sell their star striker to a rival, we are the only club that would try this shit, and our hopeful fans lap it up.
    What? 

Fat lot of good that did eh? And where did he spend all that money, certainly not on a recruitment team, or backroom staff, or the pitch, or on the club shop, or on decent players...
    Decent players?
    Yeah, give me a list of decent players we signed under Sandgaard. I reckon it's pretty bloody short. Supposedly he spent loads of money but it got him absolutely nowhere

Please remind me where we finished last season.
  • Options
    edited June 27
  • Options
    edited June 27
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

What? 

Fat lot of good that did eh? And where did he spend all that money, certainly not on a recruitment team, or backroom staff, or the pitch, or on the club shop, or on decent players...
    Decent players?
    Yeah, give me a list of decent players we signed under Sandgaard. I reckon it's pretty bloody short. Supposedly he spent loads of money but it got him absolutely nowhere
    All but confirmed on tonight's talk that the new lot weren't involved when May was signed wasn't it? 
  • Options
    I have no inside knowledge but a religious signing? If it is genuine and who I think it is I suggest it is unlikely to receive universal acclaim - shall we say more Poundland than Waitrose. Experienced at this level the player I have in mind has many of the traits Jones seeks in the position, has certainly had his moments in the sun but also periods of challenge. There are aspects to his game I really like but could be a bit of a marmite signing. 
  • Options
    Garry Monk
    Gabriel Jesus
    Rodney Cassock-Apse

• Options
    A player who may be prepared to drop down to the 3rd tier now is Victor Moses.
  • Options
    The same Victor Moses that's just spent 3 years playing top flight Russian League football, and spent the vast majority of his career in the Premier League, and has nearly 40 caps for Nigeria? The same Victor Moses that at one point was on 75k a week at Chelsea, and about 30-35k a week in Moscow? 

I'll have what you're smoking 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Posted about this a week ago and position hasn’t changed. Why would you even consider selling the league’s top striker who is a local lad and is settled?
    It simply doesn’t make sense, regardless of the championship manager ‘yeah but we can buy 18 players with the money we get.’ 

Because Jones has told him
    he will not be a regular starter … Jones made that call .. its down to May if he wants to stay and fight for his place , stay in the area he settled or move only Alfie May can make that call 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steven81 said:
    The ODL (owner defence league) are out in full force again I see with the usual spin.
    Why is spin even necessary? The bid made was rejected, what more do you want?
  • Options
    edited June 28
    sam3110 said:
    The same Victor Moses that's just spent 3 years playing top flight Russian League football, and spent the vast majority of his career in the Premier League, and has nearly 40 caps for Nigeria? The same Victor Moses that at one point was on 75k a week at Chelsea, and about 30-35k a week in Moscow? 

I'll have what you're smoking 

Wakey, Wakey Sam3110 😃

There is more chance of Victor Moses buying CAFC ! I first saw Moses playing for Croydon Schools when he was the tallest lad on the pitch and it was shortly after he came from Nigeria. There was speculation that he appeared older than his schoolboy  team mates.
    🤔
  • Options
    Jones says that the club have been bold in their recruitment?

From what we’ve brought in so far, would you agree?
    Only signing i would class in that category is Berry, given that he was in the PL last season.
  • Options
    Religious signing? Teddy Bishop from Lincoln? Out of Contract and would be a good addition to the midfield. 
  • Options
    I dont think any of us want May to go BUT he hasnt gone yet. Is there not a genuine possibility that Kanu goes out on loan and Godden sits there as the experienced back up to our strike force. 

A lot of panic stations for something that hasnt happened yet and if it does, it does. No point crying about it, just move on and see what happens going forward.  
  • Options

so who paid for the new pitch , the new pitches at the training ground , Leaburn  rehabilitation. the transfers of Mitchell , Berry, Edwards plus bids in for a number of players including Ipswich striker who will cost around 500,000  … listen to the meeting tonight the amount these new owners have spent in areas that fans don’t see .. 
    IMO no way is he worth half a mill.
  • Options
    edited June 28
    MarcusH26 said:
    Religious signing? Teddy Bishop from Lincoln? Out of Contract and would be a good addition to the midfield. 
    https://x.com/mattfentonimps/status/1803059108175589496?s=46&t=rsrY0_4Lq2Y5apWmOJDkGA

He looks fairly average based on these stats (you have to scroll down the thread a bit to see him compare bishop with Bayliss)