Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Who can 750k buy?

• If that is true both disappointing, and will upset fans ( me included) With a returning Miles, and with all respects Chuck's fitness always in doubt, this seem's a poor decision, for owners that  wish to compete for promotion in my opinion! 
  • All the very best Alfie May, good pay day for you and the family! 

Right, where are the replacements coming in?
  • I'd like to think this means we have a guaranteed replacement (or two) lined up. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    750k would be very disappointing. 
    That may be. But his age is the driving factor.

It's been clear for a while that Jones doesn't really fancy him. Still takes some balls.
  • I actually think that's a really, really good deal

For Huddersfield 
  • Ferryman said:
    cfgs said:
    Lincoln are having a massive churn of their playing side this year, I suppose that is what happens when you perform above and not below your aspirations.
    Crawley Town losing loads of their top performers for same reason. 
    Crawley Town are being screwed by shite owners apparently I read on there site 
    Everyone said this last season and they got promoted.  Their recruitment was very good last year so maybe they are hoping to replicate that. Big risk though 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    750k would be very disappointing. 
    That may be. But his age is the driving factor.

It's been clear for a while that Jones doesn't really fancy him. Still takes some balls.

I understand the age factor I still thought 3 seasons with 20+ goals would need a £1m+ fee regardless of age. 
  • Still only fee agreed, not personal terms,,,

He'll stay then B)
  • Sorry but that fee is a joke. We’d better have something seriously impressive lined up. 
  • The fee and the fact that it's a "promotion rival" (We'll see if we are anywhere near by November) is an absolute disgrace, but I'm sure there'll be some sort of positive spin put on it by the usual suspects.
  • If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
  • Sponsored links:

• So O'Rourke says May has gone for £750k and it's immediately a fact but the one person who always seems to have the inside track on Charlton (Cawley) hasn't said a word.
    WIOTOS I'll believe it to be true and decide, along with many others if we don't sign decent replacements, whether the club is in the shit or not. 
  • YTS1978 said:
    If this is true that's a massive decision by Jones and takes king Kong sized balls to make. I really don't know what to make of all this tbh, but we better hit the ground running otherwise the locals will be restless (once again).
    Assuming it is a decision by Jones...
  • I'm sure this will get rationalised to hell on this board, but the average fan is going to see this news and think what the actual living f---?
  • Cawley says nothing agreed just yet
  • CAWLEYYYYYY
  • Seems like another Andy Reid and Yann moment.

In Jones we trust???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!