Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Just had a look around the league one forums to try and gauge how the fans were feeling and saw this comment. To the point and accurate. 

Spineless wasters is an incredibly accurate description of us in recent seasons 
    What forum is this from?
    I'm guessing Lincoln City, due to the imp in the username.
  • Croydon said:
    Just had a look around the league one forums to try and gauge how the fans were feeling and saw this comment. To the point and accurate. 

What forum is this from?
    I’d guess Lincoln.
  • Yann897 said:
    Danny Hylton isn't League One level anymore. No thanks, hard pass. 
    If Jones thinks he’s good round the dressing room and maybe a player coach I’m not against it.
    Last year he played 35 minutes total in the season. 

The year before that he was a sub in League Two. 

We already have a big squad that needs to move more on, don't fancy more deadwood. 

If he's hired purely as a coach, different story but he's not a player at this level anymore. 
  • Croydon said:

What forum is this from?
    Lincoln I’d say…….going by the name that is.
  • edited July 6
    Yann897 said:
    Danny Hylton isn't League One level anymore. No thanks, hard pass. 
    If Jones thinks he’s good round the dressing room and maybe a player coach I’m not against it.
    Last year he played 35 minutes total in the season. 

The year before that he was a sub in League Two. 

We already have a big squad that needs to move more on, don't fancy more deadwood. 

If he's hired purely as a coach, different story but he's not a player at this level anymore. 
    He’s not necessarily ‘deadwood’ if Jones thinks he trains well and can set the standard for others to follow. He adores the guy for a reason, and it can’t be his goalscoring record.

If he gets any minutes on the pitch in games that matter, that would be a concern.
  • Just had a look around the league one forums to try and gauge how the fans were feeling and saw this comment. To the point and accurate. 

Spineless wasters eh, we’ve been called worse!
  • Croydon said:

What forum is this from?
    Assume it must be Lincoln (imps)
  • RedRobin said:
    If it is Danny Hylton then I’m hoping it’s to help with fitness. 
    Could mean Kanu out on loan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Genuinely don’t know much about Bishop. Any clues ?
    Henry shared a rumour that he was on trial, I found an article on him, here’s what I posted at the time:

Was looking into what type of midfielder Bishop is, there’s a good article on his three years at Lincoln:

https://staceywest.net/2024/02/21/super-ted-the-rebirth-of-ted-bishop/

To summarise he was often played out wide, more recently he’s played centrally and they’re getting the best out of him to the point he’s seen as a top L1, borderline Championship player.

What else stands out are his dribbling stats, clearly a strength of his. Having a CM who can carry the ball well, drive us forward or win free kicks is currently a gap in our midfield. Aribo did it in Bowyer’s team and it adds that threat centrally, taking pressure off the wing backs in the 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 diamond formations NJ favours.
    Then that’s another very positive acquisition if it happens.
  •  I was awaiting Dobson’s return for this, but no matter, because now we’ve signed Docherty, we could feasibly put out a team starting with the first 11 letters of the alphabet:

Isted
    Edmonds-Green Jones Gillesphey
     Campbell Docherty Berry Henry
                      Fraser
                  Kanu  Ahadme

😎
    (I love silly crap like this. A bit like that squad we had a few years ago that had about 9 players who all had different first names, but they all began with A.)

Are you retired by any chance ?  :D
    😂

No, just a nerdy Wally.
    🤓
  • Wonder if Hylton is boosting our ST numbers while Leaburn builds fitness
  • edited July 6
    Scoham said:
    Henry shared a rumour that he was on trial, I found an article on him, here’s what I posted at the time:

Was looking into what type of midfielder Bishop is, there’s a good article on his three years at Lincoln:

To summarise he was often played out wide, more recently he’s played centrally and they’re getting the best out of him to the point he’s seen as a top L1, borderline Championship player.

What else stands out are his dribbling stats, clearly a strength of his. Having a CM who can carry the ball well, drive us forward or win free kicks is currently a gap in our midfield. Aribo did it in Bowyer’s team and it adds that threat centrally, taking pressure off the wing backs in the 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 diamond formations NJ favours.
    I don't think that article reads very well at all tbh, unless it was relating to a player who was a bit younger like our Tyreece. Just makes him sound like a player who struggles with consistency. I've not read that and thought 'I'd love us to sign him'. 

I especially don't like one of the last comments from Appleton. Knowing Appleton he could have easily got mixed up with Colby Bishop, and even then, has a poor eye for a player. 
  • Scoham said:

I don't think that article reads very well at all tbh, unless it was relating to a player who was a bit younger like our Tyreece. Just makes him sound like a player who struggles with consistency. I've not read that and thought 'I'd love us to sign him'. 

I especially don't like one of the last comments from Appleton. Knowing Appleton he could have easily got mixed up with Colby Bishop, and even then, has a poor eye for a player. 
    Probably why he’s only on trial, still has a lot to prove even if this Lincoln fan rates him. Agree he’s not at the level of someone like Docherty who we can confident that he improves us.
  • George Dobson has signed for Wrexham. 
  • Just had a look around the league one forums to try and gauge how the fans were feeling and saw this comment. To the point and accurate. 

& that’s by our own fans…🫣
  • Sponsored links:

& that’s by our own fans…🫣
    From Scotimp... We're not The Imps... Guessing a Lincoln fan... 
  • Croydon said:

What forum is this from?
    I'm guessing Lincoln City, due to the imp in the username.
    I read that as Scotgimp 😬😬
  • Scoham said:

I was actually sure he played against us when we beat Ipswich three nil at home, but that couldn't have been three years ago surely. I looked him up on Wiki, has had some bad injuries in his career but was certainly one of Ipswich's stars when he broke through, contract negotiations broke down with his parent club, Lincoln, hence he's a free agent, might be worth a twelve month deal. 
  • Not sure why Hylton was cobblers at the Cobblers, but given neither Aneke or Leaburn were in squad, I'd give him a 6 month deal minimum. He's a bastard for defenders. Need to see Bishop vs decent oppo.
  • edited July 6
    George Dobson has signed for Wrexham. 
    🥱😴😴😴...Not you SELR...

...just bored with all this Dobson stuff...so last season...🙄
    🥱😴😴😴...Not you SELR...

At least it’s finally been settled.
    🥱😴😴😴...Not you SELR...

Well he did want to live abroad!
  • edited July 6
    George Dobson has signed for Wrexham. 
    🥱😴😴😴...Not you SELR...

Ahh, has it been settled though... I mean, was the contract binding, can you trust Dobson to actually stick to anything now...can you...🤷‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!