Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Summer Transfer Rumours 2024

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Hylton being brought in as a sort of striker coach? I don't mind that
    Is he?
  • I dunno what capacity he'll be here, if at all, but Jones certainly alludes to him being able to impart knowledge onto our young strikeforce, so I imagine a player/coach role isn't that far fetched
  • sam3110 said:
    I dunno what capacity he'll be here, if at all, but Jones certainly alludes to him being able to impart knowledge onto our young strikeforce, so I imagine a player/coach role isn't that far fetched
    That’s how I read NJ quotes, we have a goalkeeper coach so makes absolute sense to have a striker coach too.
  • Leuth said:
    Hylton being brought in as a sort of striker coach? I don't mind that
    Or even as an Andy Hughes/Jason Pearce (in his last season) type player-coach. Signed mostly with the aim of coaching and training but able to play the odd game (or part of a game) here and there as a last resort.

I'd be very surprised if he was signed up as a regular part of the matchday squad but he could do a job as a sort of lieutenant to Jones among the players.
  • At the game, Scott Fraser played a peach of a through ball between CB &
    full back. Resulting in a goal, on the flip side he was easily disposed 3 or 4 times while moving forward.
    I would like to think NJ could mould him into his style of player, but not convinced.
    Wonder if he responds to an arm round the shoulder or a kick up the backside?
  • Or a kick round the shoulder or an arm up the backside?
    Latter for me please if you're offering 
  • Sponsored links:

• @Boom what’s your thoughts on Teddy Bishop please?  Or @Off_it what’s Off It Jnr’s verdict? 
  • cfgs said:
    Whatever happens with the next few signings this is the best prepared we have been for bloody years, at this stage of the season.  
    This is what happens when you get the majority of transfers done early. 
    It enables you to hit the ground running come the start of the season. 
    Far to often in the past few seasons we left it until late in the transfer window to get things done and started the season underprepared. 
    I think the last few windows our targets were unrealistic and never going to happen, then we are left with panic loans.  This window those targets have become realistic, be that a manager to make them want to come or better financial package.
  • We have 7 front line forwards
    - 2 have never started a League game
    - 2 have never completed a full League season
    - 1 Has been unable to contribute for the past 2 seasons

If Jones knows Hylton that well and thinks he has enough left to contribute as a support player and mentor why not kick the tyres? 

In all honesty I half expected a 1yr contract for Connor Wickham.
  • The way things are going is it likely we will have no loan players at all in the squad ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kips said:
    Or a kick round the shoulder or an arm up the backside?
    Latter for me please if you're offering 
    Well, it takes all sorts I suppose...
  • The way things are going is it likely we will have no loan players at all in the squad ?
    Didn't Jones say towards the end of last season that he didn't like having loan players?

Or have I imagined that?
  • edited July 7
    Scoham said:
    The way things are going is it likely we will have no loan players at all in the squad ?
    Jones talked about loans a while ago, he only wants a few if they really improve the team.

It’s great we’ve moved on from the idea that every L1 club must have 5 loans every season.
    Loans serve a purpose at our level but in reality the bulk of them don’t really work out and if you’re using four or five regularly then it means a 50% churn every season. That’s not going to build anything which I believe is what you need to do to progress. If Hylton does come in I suspect it negates the need for a PL youngster which I believe was on the cards. Does mean that two of our four strikers likely to be starting the season are plus 33 years which could be an issue. For no reason I just get the feeling Campbell is going to be an important player this season.
  • LouisMend said:
    NJ is a very intelligent manager, while being a bit Obi-Wan Kenobi in how he chooses to share. Was Fraser’s through ball against non-league Dartford a good one - yes, was Fraser aggressive in midfield and maintaining possession - no, he was robbed of the ball on more than one occasion. I think Scott is featuring until sold personally unless he is being kept as Berry’s back up ahead of Anderson and Campbell? Doubt thought, certainly re the former. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!