Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next England Manager - Thomas Tuchel

Comments

• Tuchel is really good at tournament football, has one of the best records of any manager in Champions League football and I can see that translating well to World Cups and Euros.

Bit of a hot head reputation and I worry that it will shake up the environment that Southgate created. But I also don’t blame the FA for thinking it’s time to take a risk.
    What does this mean? 

The game is still the same as a league game except one team gets knocked out.
    Not true. There's a very different risk/reward ratio and you have to set your teams up differently to factor that in
  • The FA should be breaking their necks and the bank to get Pep. He’s the one real chance we will ever have in my lifetime of winning a tournament. 
  • ross1 said:
    Thomas Tuchel being interviewed by FA
    That's a long interview, thought he went in last week
  • edited October 15
    fenaddick said:
    Tuchel is really good at tournament football, has one of the best records of any manager in Champions League football and I can see that translating well to World Cups and Euros.

Bit of a hot head reputation and I worry that it will shake up the environment that Southgate created. But I also don’t blame the FA for thinking it’s time to take a risk.
    What does this mean? 

Not true. There's a very different risk/reward ratio and you have to set your teams up differently to factor that in
    Surely every manager understands that though?
  • fenaddick said:
    Tuchel is really good at tournament football, has one of the best records of any manager in Champions League football and I can see that translating well to World Cups and Euros.

What does this mean? 

Surely every manager understands that though? What makes Tuchel stand out?
    Well firstly I’m not massively convinced by Tuchel but we’ll park that. Of the managers available he has a particularly good record in knockout competitions. He’s defensively solid which helps but his teams don’t play boring football. He’s also pretty ruthless, he will play the best team for the game regardless of any other noise. It would be very different to under Southgate
  • Having a German manager for England won't go down well with the 2 world wars and 1 world Cup camp. 

Personally not convinced it's the right choice and if we're going foreign we should be doing everything we can to convince Pep to take it next summer. 

Unfortunately with English coaches we're a bit limited, Howe would be the obvious pick but he seems happy enough with Newcastle 
  • edited October 15
    We all the only man for the job                                    

Maybe not the one we want but the one we need!! 
  • edited October 15
  • edited October 15
    I’m not against Tuchel oddly. Could be very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tuchel is really good at tournament football, has one of the best records of any manager in Champions League football and I can see that translating well to World Cups and Euros.

What does this mean? 

You just pointed out the exact reason why they are different…
  • Not too sure about the appointment myself... Feels like a backwards step relying on someone who has done it in the Club Game.
  • edited October 15
    fenaddick said:

What does this mean? 

Surely every manager understands that though?
    You can understand it and still not be very good at implementing it effectively.

I know how to play football really well. Doesn’t mean I’m a Premier League footballer.
  • Tuchel to be confirmed tomorrow 
  • edited October 15
    Talksport reporting it as done too.  Not sure how I feel about Tuchel to be honest. 

Still convinced Carsley was the man the FA wanted to appoint, but the Greece defeat made them look elsewhere 
  • I think the way Carsley reacted to the Greece result has caused this 
  • Rothko said:
    I think the way Carsley reacted to the Greece result has caused this 
    Agent Carsley 100% @guinnessaddick will be happy.
  • edited October 15
    Rothko said:
    I think the way Carsley reacted to the Greece result has caused this 
    Rumors about Tuchel interviewing came out last week,
    I doubt after the fairly average performances against Ireland and Finland x2 Carsley ever really stood a chance.
    That’s not even considering the Greek result 
  • Please done fuck it up
  • Sponsored links:

• All for Tunchel if we can't get Pep... noone better available 
  • Personally not too bothered about nationality, we've already had, and got behind, 2 foreign England managers. 
  • My concerns are twofold - his reputation of falling out with both players and officials and that, since his first job, his positions have lasted 24 months, 30 months, 20 months and 14 months. Whatever the various reasons, there isn't any longevity there and fear that he will throw his toys out of his pram at exactly the wrong time for us.   
  • Tuchel does love an English player though, Eric Dier to return to the fold!
  • Why am I thinking dungeon action with Tuchel, was he involved in some kinky stuff 🤷‍♂️
  • Peed off. Was hoping they’d take Jones. 
  • Tuchel has left every job under a cloud of disputes and disappointment. 

Give it a couple of years and one major tournament, I'm sure it'll be the same here. 
    Most of his disputes appear to have been with owners over transfer policies and signings. Pretty obvious that won't apply here.

It might work out, it might not but we can't fault the FA for their ambition given that he is one of the worlds best and most high profile managers. I'm sure they would've wanted Guardiola but i'd assume he's told them no.
  • Good win rate.