Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oasis reunion?

1…3334353638

Comments

  • JohnBoyUK
    JohnBoyUK Posts: 9,553
    Still no code.  4 of us registered and nothing.  Missed out last time round too.

    I find it easier getting a GP appointment FFS.
  • cfgs
    cfgs Posts: 11,984
    BalladMan said:
    Got 4 for etihad,  Friday 18th June. The buying process so much easier this time. No dynamic pricing, not spending hours and hours refreshing.  

    Can’t see it being the last tour, too much money to be made. 
    Touring is the only way to make buckets of cash, streaming etc has removed the old fashioned main income.
  • DaveMehmet
    DaveMehmet Posts: 22,514
    Didn’t get a code in the end. Had half a chance of a Manchester spare but didn’t materialise in the end. Shame but I’m not too disappointed, not sure I could have handled Knebworth tbh. 
  • Put Amsterdam as first choice. Only 1600 in the queue in front of me and was amazed how easy it was to get tickets. Will have a nice break in the Netherlands but if I choose  to come straight home I would probably get home quicker than if I had gone for Knebworth
  • BalladMan
    BalladMan Posts: 1,519
    Put Amsterdam as first choice. Only 1600 in the queue in front of me and was amazed how easy it was to get tickets. Will have a nice break in the Netherlands but if I choose  to come straight home I would probably get home quicker than if I had gone for Knebworth
    Completely agree with you there.  I avoided Knebworth, horrible venue when there + getting home a nightmare.  Not setup for this scale of gig (but important in Oasis folkore, so know why they are doing it)
  • Valley11
    Valley11 Posts: 12,501
    Had a code. Picked Manchester on a Tuesday and got through in seconds. Picked 4 tickets then screen refreshed and booted me out. Ended up with 2 tickets at £140 each. Not bad in the end. 
  • cafctom
    cafctom Posts: 11,458
    Apparently this tour was planned all along as a ‘optional second half’ if Live ‘25 went well.

    I’m not entirely sure if there will be more tours after this tbh. I don’t think the desire is there to make new music, at least not under the banner of Oasis. 

    Liam would be keen to do it forever I’m sure, but Noel always seems a bit more measured in how/when he wants to do things. 

    If they call it a day after Knebworth, after giving the band the biggest and best victory lap they could over the past few years then I don’t think anyone could hold it against them. It would be the perfect ending for the Oasis story.

    But selfishly I’d want them to go on forever - as there’s simply nothing else in this country on their level and IMO are the last truly great rock band we’re likely to see come through and have such a cultural impact.
  • Elthamaddick
    Elthamaddick Posts: 16,636
    got 2 for the Friday 11th at the Etihad - was a mad scramble when we finally got in, kept trying for 4 tickets but they were disappearing in front of our eyes.

    Ended up with 2 £74.50 ones in the top tier, wasn't fussed where - just didn't fancy standing (anywhere)
  • cafctom said:
    Apparently this tour was planned all along as a ‘optional second half’ if Live ‘25 went well.

    I’m not entirely sure if there will be more tours after this tbh. I don’t think the desire is there to make new music, at least not under the banner of Oasis. 

    Liam would be keen to do it forever I’m sure, but Noel always seems a bit more measured in how/when he wants to do things. 

    If they call it a day after Knebworth, after giving the band the biggest and best victory lap they could over the past few years then I don’t think anyone could hold it against them. It would be the perfect ending for the Oasis story.

    But selfishly I’d want them to go on forever - as there’s simply nothing else in this country on their level and IMO are the last truly great rock band we’re likely to see come through and have such a cultural impact.
    They won't really have much more of the UK left to cover, but they could potentially do more European and US gigs.

    The US is obviously huge so a lot of other places they could go to, and they haven't been to Scandinavia, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Eastern Europe etc.
  • jose
    jose Posts: 1,989
    edited September 28


  • Sponsored links:



  • DaveMehmet
    DaveMehmet Posts: 22,514
    jose said:

    Sound like the bloke he spoke to isn’t the only one who’s very high
  • Carter
    Carter Posts: 14,765
    I missed out, but I missed out last time and got some in the end 

    I'd put in for Munich, Amsterdam and Glasgow this time so chances of secind hand ones from people I know are slimmer but I will put money on loads for Manchester and Knebworth coming available as people realise the logistics of those two the nearer it gets 


  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,402
    The ability to buy 4 per code I think will
    lead to loads of spares. 

    Anti-Valley Golders will be spitting feathers! 
  • stoneroses19
    stoneroses19 Posts: 8,019
    cafctom said:
    Apparently this tour was planned all along as a ‘optional second half’ if Live ‘25 went well.

    I’m not entirely sure if there will be more tours after this tbh. I don’t think the desire is there to make new music, at least not under the banner of Oasis. 

    Liam would be keen to do it forever I’m sure, but Noel always seems a bit more measured in how/when he wants to do things. 

    If they call it a day after Knebworth, after giving the band the biggest and best victory lap they could over the past few years then I don’t think anyone could hold it against them. It would be the perfect ending for the Oasis story.

    But selfishly I’d want them to go on forever - as there’s simply nothing else in this country on their level and IMO are the last truly great rock band we’re likely to see come through and have such a cultural impact.
    They won't really have much more of the UK left to cover, but they could potentially do more European and US gigs.

    The US is obviously huge so a lot of other places they could go to, and they haven't been to Scandinavia, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Eastern Europe etc.
    They are also still big in Asia. I think last year they only did 1 gig in Seoul and 1 in Tokyo, so there’s potential for them to do the likes of Singapore, Bangkok, Jakarta, and even Tokyo again. 
  • agim
    agim Posts: 1,177
    got 4 front standing for Knebworth

    £270 each! but includes coach travel from Bluewater 
  • bolloxbolder
    bolloxbolder Posts: 8,461
    I love Oasis   but just can't be arsed if it's outside of London. 

    We have some very rich people on CL!
  • Elthamaddick
    Elthamaddick Posts: 16,636
    The ability to buy 4 per code I think will
    lead to loads of spares. 

    Anti-Valley Golders will be spitting feathers! 
    agreed, everyone who got a code would've surely purchased the max available if possible - whether they needed them or not
  • Covered End
    Covered End Posts: 53,397
    The ability to buy 4 per code I think will
    lead to loads of spares. 

    Anti-Valley Golders will be spitting feathers! 
    agreed, everyone who got a code would've surely purchased the max available if possible - whether they needed them or not
    Many may have, but definitely not everyone.
    I know personally people that didn't.
  • Boom
    Boom Posts: 1,740
    Carter said:
    I missed out, but I missed out last time and got some in the end 

    I'd put in for Munich, Amsterdam and Glasgow this time so chances of secind hand ones from people I know are slimmer but I will put money on loads for Manchester and Knebworth coming available as people realise the logistics of those two the nearer it gets 


    Got bugger all too. Will try and  get some when spares come up. I wont' bother with Knebworth but what's the logistical issue with Manc? 
  • I couldn't find anyone that was interested so I bought just the one for me.
    Manchester on a Tuesday.

  • Sponsored links:



  • Long-shot, but if anyone got general admission tickets for Knewbworth on 25th and needs the coach package for Zone A (which covers Birmingham area right down into SE London inc. Bluewater, the O2, Croydon etc - https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/tm/en-gb/img/static/pdf/2026/event/big-green-destination-map-zone-a.pdf) - I'm looking to swap as I've currently paid for a coach I don't need, but there might be people who are the opposite (have GA tickets but now trying to work out how they get there and back!)
  • Carter
    Carter Posts: 14,765
    Boom said:
    Carter said:
    I missed out, but I missed out last time and got some in the end 

    I'd put in for Munich, Amsterdam and Glasgow this time so chances of secind hand ones from people I know are slimmer but I will put money on loads for Manchester and Knebworth coming available as people realise the logistics of those two the nearer it gets 


    Got bugger all too. Will try and  get some when spares come up. I wont' bother with Knebworth but what's the logistical issue with Manc? 
    Nothing that can't be overcome, just the usual. Excessive travel and accomodation costs and availability for accommodation 
  • Alwaysneil
    Alwaysneil Posts: 14,822
    +Mancunians
  • DaveMehmet
    DaveMehmet Posts: 22,514
    Didn’t get a code in the end. Had half a chance of a Manchester spare but didn’t materialise in the end. Shame but I’m not too disappointed, not sure I could have handled Knebworth tbh. 
    Manchester ticket came through in the end for Friday 25th. Also got a city centre hotel sorted 
  • AFKABartram
    AFKABartram Posts: 59,402
    Didn’t get a code in the end. Had half a chance of a Manchester spare but didn’t materialise in the end. Shame but I’m not too disappointed, not sure I could have handled Knebworth tbh. 
    Manchester ticket came through in the end for Friday 25th. Also got a city centre hotel sorted 
    Nice one mate
  • Elthamaddick
    Elthamaddick Posts: 16,636
    the Hotels in Manchester for the nights of the gigs are taking the absolute piss at the moment
  • ButtleJR
    ButtleJR Posts: 1,832
    the Hotels in Manchester for the nights of the gigs are taking the absolute piss at the moment
    tried stockport? or salford
  • ButtleJR said:
    the Hotels in Manchester for the nights of the gigs are taking the absolute piss at the moment
    tried stockport? or salford
    Altrincham, Bury, even the glitz and glamour of Bolton isn't that far on the train.
  • ButtleJR said:
    the Hotels in Manchester for the nights of the gigs are taking the absolute piss at the moment
    tried stockport? or salford
    ButtleJR said:
    the Hotels in Manchester for the nights of the gigs are taking the absolute piss at the moment
    tried stockport? or salford
    Altrincham, Bury, even the glitz and glamour of Bolton isn't that far on the train.
    Is this for Oasis or Man City’s away fixtures next season?