Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• The woman who reads the football results on Sky Soccer Saturday, she needs to slow down.
  • That droning boring voice of that geezer who was in a band in the 90's & is now some fecking professor, sending me & the dog into a coma as he trips over rocks in Iceland while spinning eggs.

It's 9pm...........I thought this shit ended at kids bedtime.

Dear God how does anyone learn from him?
    Just get off my telebox!!!!!!!!!! And no I can't change channels as himself has it.

Feck!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • How many episodes of Expedition Bigfoot have I gotta sit through before they catch the bugger? 

I mean, we're up to series 5 episode 3 at the moment - still nothing  :/
  • The woman who reads the football results on Sky Soccer Saturday, she needs to slow down.
    I think it's in the back of her mind that she has to get home to cook her husband's dinner.
  • How many episodes of Expedition Bigfoot have I gotta sit through before they catch the bugger? 

I mean, we're up to series 5 episode 3 at the moment - still nothing  :/
    I know the outcome, but I don't want to spoil it for you... 
  • I'm not sure what is more annoying, AI voices accompanying videos or practically all vloggers/YouTubers voices. I'll find something online that i really like the sound of, but straight away the voice kills it.
  • Just bought some Hoover bags from Amazon they are meant to include five freshener capsules, bags turned up and no capsules. Messaged the seller and they replied and apologising and asking me to send an image of the issue, I replied ‘an image of nothing?’
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:
    Does anyone ever get the feeling that a single word of any feedback is actually acted upon? I certainly don't. But I have plenty of time on my hands, and I'm a bit of a saddo, so I tend to fill them in anyway...  
    I bought some iron hooks from Toolstation for about two quid, and was asked to review them. FFS, I thought. Then did it anyway, thus:

Very hooky hooks

IdleHans
    • Verified Purchaser
    a month ago
    They're hooks. For hanging things on. I hung something on them and it stayed there. Five stars!

Yes, I recommend this product.

There was a review of a hair removal product on Amazon a few years ago by some guy. Obviously made up but very long and very funny.
    IdleHans said:
    Does anyone ever get the feeling that a single word of any feedback is actually acted upon? I certainly don't. But I have plenty of time on my hands, and I'm a bit of a saddo, so I tend to fill them in anyway...  
    I bought some iron hooks from Toolstation for about two quid, and was asked to review them. FFS, I thought. Then did it anyway, thus:

Very hooky hooks

IdleHans
    • Verified Purchaser
    a month ago
    They're hooks. For hanging things on. I hung something on them and it stayed there. Five stars!

Yes, I recommend this product.

There was a review of a hair removal product on Amazon a few years ago by some guy. Obviously made up but very long and very funny.
    Veet 😄
  • Plug in smells.
  • Not to be confused with Deet.
  • Them double decker Ocado lorries constantly cutting through Crayford, one after the other, to get down to Slade Green
  • edited October 9
    People on trains. Not all of them but the ones who feel the need to have a seat for themselves and one for their bag. Then there are the people with banana shaped backbones who can't sit up straight. The ones who need a foot rest, (the seat opposite). First thing in the morning, people who sleep on the train really annoy me, they have made it to the station and onto the train presumably without sleep walking but feel the need to drop off as soon as they sit down. The ones continually sipping water or a coffee from a special beaker, when did that become thing? Certainly didn't happen in my youth, we had a cup of tea before leaving home and one when we got to work. People who eat on trains, they are not going to starve on their daily commute if they go without a station sausage roll.  People who can't put their rubbish in the bins provided by the train operators that are conveniently located by the bloody doors. People, (99.9999% male), who are not clean shaven and look like they don't have access to a comb. The slobs who can't clean their shoes or trainers.
    Last week, when I got on the 06:25 from Orpington there was a person who was most of the above, one week on he is still annoying me.

Don’t forget the yawners with breath like a thousand anus’ (not sure what the plural for anus is?…’ani’…’anuses’..)
  • Gimps who use the phrase ‘utter woke nonsense’. It’s not funny and it never will be.
  • People on trains. Not all of them but the ones who feel the need to have a seat for themselves and one for their bag. Then there are the people with banana shaped backbones who can't sit up straight. The ones who need a foot rest, (the seat opposite). First thing in the morning, people who sleep on the train really annoy me, they have made it to the station and onto the train presumably without sleep walking but feel the need to drop off as soon as they sit down. The ones continually sipping water or a coffee from a special beaker, when did that become thing? Certainly didn't happen in my youth, we had a cup of tea before leaving home and one when we got to work. People who eat on trains, they are not going to starve on their daily commute if they go without a station sausage roll.  People who can't put their rubbish in the bins provided by the train operators that are conveniently located by the bloody doors. People, (99.9999% male), who are not clean shaven and look like they don't have access to a comb. The slobs who can't clean their shoes or trainers.
    Last week, when I got on the 06:25 from Orpington there was a person who was most of the above, one week on he is still annoying me.

Don’t forget the yawners with breath like a thousand anus’ (not sure what the plural for anus is?…’ani’…’anuses’..)
    Arseholes
    Sphincters 
    Chocolate starfishes
  • People on trains. Not all of them but the ones who feel the need to have a seat for themselves and one for their bag. Then there are the people with banana shaped backbones who can't sit up straight. The ones who need a foot rest, (the seat opposite). First thing in the morning, people who sleep on the train really annoy me, they have made it to the station and onto the train presumably without sleep walking but feel the need to drop off as soon as they sit down. The ones continually sipping water or a coffee from a special beaker, when did that become thing? Certainly didn't happen in my youth, we had a cup of tea before leaving home and one when we got to work. People who eat on trains, they are not going to starve on their daily commute if they go without a station sausage roll.  People who can't put their rubbish in the bins provided by the train operators that are conveniently located by the bloody doors. People, (99.9999% male), who are not clean shaven and look like they don't have access to a comb. The slobs who can't clean their shoes or trainers.

What's your thoughts on this on a morning rush hour train?

• You can just picture the knobhead on the other end of the lead.
  • iaitch said:
    You can just picture the knobhead on the other end of the lead.
    Is it a gimp?
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    You can just picture the knobhead on the other end of the phone.

What's your thoughts on this on a morning rush hour train?

I don't know who is worse here, the dog who shouldn't be on the furniture or the guy in joggers who should know not to put his feet on the furniture let alone an animal like that. Looks a bit XL Bully to me so I wouldn't want to be the one to ask it to move.
    As weird as this may seem, I think I might have seen this dog and owner a few weeks back. I was coming home I think, I had had a couple of  beers so I can't actually be sure where I was. The dog and owner was taking up 4 seats as in your picture. I was well annoyed and did the British thing we do best. I looked out of my window, tutted silently to myself and seethed in my seat. 
  • Wonder if the dog got off at Barking?
  • Macronate said:
    Wonder if the dog got off at Barking?
    His owner was getting off at tooting.
  • Macronate said:
    Wonder if the dog got off at Barking?
    Didn't go that far. Got off at Isle of dogs.
  • estate agent boards outside blocks of flats. there's a small block near me with 8 flats which currently has 12 for sale and to let boards outside, it just makes the area look tatty
  • Macronate said:
    Large supermarket car park with loads of spaces. Park mine with plenty of spaces either side. Come back and the two spaces to the left are now filled with the driver of the car now next to me literally squeezing to get out of his car with his door nigh on touching mine. There’s still hundreds of fucking spaces available elsewhere and Mr Bright Spark thinks that the best place to park is in a bay which makes it difficult for him to get in and out of. Give me strength.
     I need to have room to get in and out of my car, as my replaced knee doesn't bend as much as I would like, I have arthritis in my ankles but don't qualify for a blue badge, so I always try to park away from others so I can get back into my car. 

Car parks haven't kept pace with the size of cars these days and as I drive an ordinary hatchback, it's frustrating to be stuck between 2 SUVs that take up so much room.
  • Box junction enforcement cameras being installed as I write at the Green Lane William Barefoot Drive junction.
    Should be an absolute gold mine for LBG!!