Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• swordfish said:
    Now you've got me started on runners, of which I'm one, those who run in fancy dress!  Having trained for months to do the great north run some years back, and toiled earnestly for more than thirteen miles on the day, I found nothing remotely amusing about being overtaken in a sprint finish by a womble. Stick to it's a bloody knockout if that's your thing 😡
    I know what you mean... I did the London Marathon on a really hot day years ago now, and had this bloke dressed up as a 80-year old man keeping me company round London that day, was bloody depressing!!
  • swordfish said:
    Now you've got me started on runners, of which I'm one, those who run in fancy dress!  Having trained for months to do the great north run some years back, and toiled earnestly for more than thirteen miles on the day, I found nothing remotely amusing about being overtaken in a sprint finish by a womble. Stick to it's a bloody knockout if that's your thing 😡
    That must have been the overground bit of his wombling free.
  • Those chanting "Oggy Oggy Oggy" and those who respond.
  • When you get annoyed with how many emails a company is sending you because you bought one t-shirt off them 2 years ago etc and you click unsubscribe, and they come back with a "Too many emails?  Want a break? Would you like us to pause them for a month instead?" etc.

It's basically "Can we just piss you off next month instead?" 

No just go away!!
    I bought a spurs shirt for my brothers birthday a couple of months ago and I never known a company to be so desperate for validation as if they have some self esteem issues. "Thanks for your recent order could you tell us how we did?" "Could you review your recent purchase?" "How was your experience when you purchased our product?" "please let us have your feedback you have on your recent purchase" "is there anything we could improve after your recent purchase"  "please review us?!" 

Spurs website having a bloody complex. 
  • swordfish said:
    I know what you mean... I did the London Marathon on a really hot day years ago now, and had this bloke dressed up as a 80-year old man keeping me company round London that day, was bloody depressing!!
    “Now then, now then…” he’d have made me run quicker I can promise you….
  • When you get annoyed with how many emails a company is sending you because you bought one t-shirt off them 2 years ago etc and you click unsubscribe, and they come back with a "Too many emails?  Want a break? Would you like us to pause them for a month instead?" etc.

No just go away!!
    I bought a spurs shirt for my brothers birthday a couple of months ago and I never known a company to be so desperate for validation as if they have some self esteem issues. "Thanks for your recent order could you tell us how we did?" "Could you review your recent purchase?" "How was your experience when you purchased our product?" "please let us have your feedback you have on your recent purchase" "is there anything we could improve after your recent purchase"  "please review us?!" 

I think lots of companies are like this nowadays. I even got an email the other day from Natwest asking: "Based on your recent experience of using the Cash Deposit Machine, how likely are you to recommend the NatWest Southend to a friend or family member"?

I didn’t bother responding to this drivel, but if I had it wouldn't have been positive. 

No just go away!!

The review email immediately after an online purchase is particularly frustrating. Do people really bother to review the company at that point? Who cares if the website was easy to use if the company then messes up the order or delivery. 

No just go away!!

BT are the same. The amount of emails you get before and after being connected is unbelievable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone ever get the feeling that a single word of any feedback is actually acted upon? I certainly don't. But I have plenty of time on my hands, and I'm a bit of a saddo, so I tend to fill them in anyway...  
  • Agree the feedback thing is ridiculous.

Evri: "How did we do?"

Well I ordered something, and you actually delivered it as you were paid to do.  How many stars should I put for "you were fine, but also did the bare minimum I'd expect"?
  • edited September 28
    Agree the feedback thing is ridiculous.

Well I ordered something, and you actually delivered it as you were paid to do.  How many stars should I put for "you were fine, but also did the bare minimum I'd expect"?
    You're lucky to have actually received a parcel from Evri  :D
  • Coincidence that I ordered a shed from Wickes this week and got a "How did we do" email as soon as the payment went through.
  • Agree the feedback thing is ridiculous.

You're lucky to have actually received a parcel from Evri  :D
    Everyone says this but I don't think I've ever not received something from them. Maybe just been lucky?! 
  • could be worse. 

You could be one of the people who leaves a review on Amazon saying bought as gift, delivered on time, 5 stars 
  • As if it wasn’t annoying enough to have to watch penalties with that stupid FIFA type viewpoint we now have that annoying spider cam thing in the way as well. 
  • Bit cheaty having a goalie in orange and a remote controlled drone goalie as well.
  • Some betting firms
    Betfair are running a promotion.
    Bet £10 and it starts a free £10 winning streak.
    So if your free £10 wins you get another free £10 till you lose.
    Last weekend.
    Had a streak of winning £10 , £65 , £25 and £70 . £160 in total.
    As I well knew I'm now banned from promotions.
    Why start a promotion up and get the hump when people are winning.
    It's not my fault I topped up with £50 worth of free bets from £10.
    I'd of still done the the bet if I was offered 1 free £10 bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• For the first time in modern history we have eight surviving ex Prime Ministers and it's costing us a fortune in paying their pensions, security and whatnot.

Why can't they just die off, like what they did in my day?  :/
  • I can think of several of them who, it could be argued would benefit society more by no longer being a part of it. 
  • The new, We buy any car add. Hate it when people sing and dance in ads, f ing shite.

Why do advertisers think it’s funny getting an old duffer to sing and dance, so passé and a real dearth of creativity! I can’t believe clients fall for this shit.
  • clb74 said:
    Some betting firms
    Last weekend.
    You are not allowed to win, it's not what betting is about. Talk about heads they win tails you lose...

How it is legal to behave this way is beyond me. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Sitting on toilet and not realising the seat is up. I went quite far in at 5 am this morning. Thought we'd need to get fire brigade out
    trickle a bit of lighter fluid down the gap, one carefully lit match- bingo! one extracted arse, a cracked pan and a singed todger! simples.
  • edited October 1
    clb74 said:
    Some betting firms
    Last weekend.
    You are not allowed to win, it's not what betting is about. Talk about heads they win tails you lose...

I don’t see how it’s ‘illegal’. It’s not your money, it’s promotional money. The betting company have the right to remove promotions at any time however muggy it is.

Just close the account and use someone else.
  • clb74 said:
    Some betting firms
    Last weekend.

I don’t see how it’s ‘illegal’. It’s not your money, it’s promotional money. The betting company have the right to remove promotions at any time however muggy it is.

Just close the account and use someone else.
    To remove the promotion from an individual because they are winning stinks mate. 
  • IdleHans said:
    Does anyone ever get the feeling that a single word of any feedback is actually acted upon? I certainly don't. But I have plenty of time on my hands, and I'm a bit of a saddo, so I tend to fill them in anyway...  
    I bought some iron hooks from Toolstation for about two quid, and was asked to review them. FFS, I thought. Then did it anyway, thus:

Very hooky hooks

IdleHans
    • Verified Purchaser
    a month ago
    They're hooks. For hanging things on. I hung something on them and it stayed there. Five stars!

Yes, I recommend this product.

There was a review of a hair removal product on Amazon a few years ago by some guy. Obviously made up but very long and very funny.
  • That paper based Lasting Powers of Attorney are such a load of hassle and companies never seem to accept the basic documents without a fight -there's always form filling and supplementary questions involved when there's really no need for it. There is a new digital system which I believe allows people to share an LPA in much the same way as the system for sharing driving licences. The rub is that it only works on LPAs created on or after 2016. Those of us with older ones have to continue with the paper system. Some of us are effectively being punished by the Home Office for being proactive.