Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• edited September 18
    Stig said:
    The BBC's penchant for listing minor place names on their weather reports. Call me old fashioned, but I know where I am when, in time honoured tradition, they list London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. But nowadays they seem to want to pick the most obscure places, so we get lists like Boggy Bottom, Ecclefechan, Pant y Wacco and Craigadick. It's just meaningless. I'd be happy if they put the minor places on a map as it would be like a little geography lesson, but out of context it's just rubbish.
    It's because parochial twats get humpy when the BBC mentions places that most of the population lives in, and not Swannywhistle, Clapnockingshire where they live with their nan, dog and four other people. "I pay my licence fee just like anyone else... ".  
  • edited September 18
    Stig said:
    The BBC's penchant for listing minor place names on their weather reports. Call me old fashioned, but I know where I am when, in time honoured tradition, they list London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. But nowadays they seem to want to pick the most obscure places, so we get lists like Boggy Bottom, Ecclefechan, Pant y Wacco and Craigadick. It's just meaningless. I'd be happy if they put the minor places on a map as it would be like a little geography lesson, but out of context it's just rubbish.
    I think I subscribe to both Pant Y Wacco and Boggy Bottom magazines?!
  • Hal1x said:
    Stig said:
    I think I subscribe to Pant Y Wacco and Boggy Bottom magazines?!
    TMI
  • 'Local/Express' variations of supermarkets that only sell dark soy sauce instead of light soy sauce.
  • edited September 18
    Chunes said:
    'Local/Express' variations of supermarkets that only sell dark soy sauce instead of light soy sauce.
    easily solved...just turn the lights off. ;)
  • Hal1x said:
    Stig said:
    I think I subscribe to Pant Y Wacco and Boggy Bottom magazines?!
    TMI
    I can send you some back issues if you pay the postage.
  • arny23394 said:
    Was just on the Sky news site and saw the headline “Kate returns to work, days after cancer treatment update” 

I am sorry, but pissing about for some PR photos and shaking some hands is not a job. 
    FFS…..what a thoroughly tasteless comment.😡
    Chill out old bean. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can't seem to get my head around these walkie talkie and pagers explosions. 

I have read a few things about it but I still don't understand how it works, pin points certain devices and how it can trigger an explosion with such force to kill people. 
  • edited September 19
    TAP (the airline, not the thing your water comes through). They have altered our perfectly timed flight back from Valencia in December from 12.15 to 06.00. We flew with them from Lisbon to Germany a few years back, and they changed the outbound flight from 07.00 AM to 18.00, and the return flight from 13.00 to 06.00. So we lost a day in Berlin, and paid for a hotel room we didn't need the night before, and then effectively lost a night in Hamburg coming back as we needed to be in bed at 9PM. So 75% of the flights we have ever taken with them have screwed up part of our holiday. Lesson learned.         
  • I just can't seem to get my head around these walkie talkie and pagers explosions. 

I have read a few things about it but I still don't understand how it works, pin points certain devices and how it can trigger an explosion with such force to kill people. 
    Intercepted, explosives implanted.
    Depending on where they wore/used said device, depends on the damage inflicted.
    Ingenious really.
  • In terms of targeting terrorists, it really doesn't get more accurate than that.

The only reason you'd have a 5 month old pager in 2024 in Lebanon is because you're a terrorist.

Intercepted, explosives implanted.
    Depending on where they wore/used said device, depends on the damage inflicted.
    Ingenious really.
    Ahh, makes sense. That's some serious forward planning and spy skills. Least now I'm not as concerned about my mobile blowing up but worrying that it can be done. 
  • I've also been on an Air Crash Investigation binge recently, triggered by me driving past the crash site of Colgan Air Flight 3407 a couple of weeks ago.

It honestly pisses me off how many crashes are caused by pilots who don't know how to react to a stall. Feels like this is the conclusion to 75% of episodes.
  • I've also been on an Air Crash Investigation binge recently, triggered by me driving past the crash site of Colgan Air Flight 3407 a couple of weeks ago.

It honestly pisses me off how many crashes are caused by pilots who don't know how to react to a stall. Feels like this is the conclusion to 75% of episodes.
    Dip the clutch?

Dip the clutch?
    Apparently most of the Stalls at the the Valley haven't got locks on them..
  • edited September 19
  • arny23394 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Was just on the Sky news site and saw the headline “Kate returns to work, days after cancer treatment update” 

I am sorry, but pissing about for some PR photos and shaking some hands is not a job. 
    FFS…..what a thoroughly tasteless comment.😡
    Chill out old bean. 
    Considering her current state of health, I am 100% certain that she will be feeling absolutely shattered by the time she gets to her bed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can’t tell if the above is serious or not but it’s hilarious timing either way.
  • JaShea99 said:
    I can’t tell if the above is serious or not but it’s hilarious timing either way.
    I'm going for not serious
  • Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I can’t tell if the above is serious or not but it’s hilarious timing either way.
    I'm going for as serious as Alfie May being on £80K pw.
  • Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    £80k? Where'd that come from?
  • edited September 20
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    JaShea99 said:
    £80k? Where'd that come from?
    Scrap that, just seen it
  • Brits abroad. More specifically the Brits in my hotel currently. Not all of them obviously, some of them are like me. Here for a peaceful break where the weather's good in a nice, quiet hotel.

Others though, far too many in my view, are just selfish, boorish twats without an ounce of self restraint or inkling of how to behave in public. I'm talking about the tattooed chavs effing and jeffing to each other across the dinning room, bar or pool. Even dropping the c-bomb on each other during a friendly game of waterpolo. Or their equally charming, surgically enhancing, fish lipped, missus screaming profanities at the next generation of classless drains on society.

We've had two weddings here since we arrived, which seem to consist exclusively of all day drinking to the point where half the guests literally need the other half to even stand up by about 5pm. Christ have some decorum folks, or at least have your wedding where other guests aren't subjected to your family grievances screamed at the top of your voice.

Topped off yesterday by one particular example of the above type deciding his child was too special to use the alloted children's pool and decided to take him into the one reserved for adults. Where said spawn of Beelzebub promptly had a shit, resulting in its early closure and an overnight deep clean.

Some of fellow guests are nothing short of an embarrassment to the nation tbh and I dread to think what the staff, who are all lovely and far more patient than I would be, say about us behind our back.

Benidorm?
  • Brits abroad. More specifically the Brits in my hotel currently. Not all of them obviously, some of them are like me. Here for a peaceful break where the weather's good in a nice, quiet hotel.

Others though, far too many in my view, are just selfish, boorish twats without an ounce of self restraint or inkling of how to behave in public. I'm talking about the tattooed chavs effing and jeffing to each other across the dinning room, bar or pool. Even dropping the c-bomb on each other during a friendly game of waterpolo. Or their equally charming, surgically enhancing, fish lipped, missus screaming profanities at the next generation of classless drains on society.

We've had two weddings here since we arrived, which seem to consist exclusively of all day drinking to the point where half the guests literally need the other half to even stand up by about 5pm. Christ have some decorum folks, or at least have your wedding where other guests aren't subjected to your family grievances screamed at the top of your voice.

Topped off yesterday by one particular example of the above type deciding his child was too special to use the alloted children's pool and decided to take him into the one reserved for adults. Where said spawn of Beelzebub promptly had a shit, resulting in its early closure and an overnight deep clean.

Some of fellow guests are nothing short of an embarrassment to the nation tbh and I dread to think what the staff, who are all lovely and far more patient than I would be, say about us behind our back.

Benidorm?
    You'd think it was some cheap as chips hovel on the main drag in Benidorm but we paid an arm an a leg for a nice hotel in a resort where, essentially, there's bugger all nightlife to attract these low lifes. They are a minority, I'd say the average age of the clientele is easily 60+ but there's a sizeable minority of guests who would not at all look out of place on 24 Hours in Police Custody.

There's at least two, obviously low level, scroty dealers in their late teens/early 20's staying here with trophy, Towie wannabe, girlfriends who would not look at them twice if they didn't have the money to stay here.