Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• edited September 17
    The demand for, and manufacture of, non essential items given the challenges we face today because of climate change on our planet of finite resources. 

It's not even about saving 'our' planet though. That will recover in time, a very long geological time, but can we save ourselves? That's the real challenge. 
  • Ha, my first thought reading that @Stig was ‘what was he pretending?’ Lol

I think I may have followed and asked! 
  • Chunes said:
    People in the street who walk right up behind you but don't take over. So they continue their conversation in your ear, all the way down the road.
    Worse is when someone crosses the road to be adjacent with you and then walks at exactly the same pace 
  • Child safety caps on medicine / pill bottles
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcWest said:
    People driving who don’t indicate when turning…I mean how difficult is it to flick the lever up or down…!!
    Always presumed they were optional extras on new cars

• Being approached whilst on the phone to a potential employer by what could be a time travelling drug dealer with low self esteem. 

Bloke looked like he had just come off the set of trainspotting and was offering reasonably priced drugs. I said no I'm not interested in which he replied as he walked away then disappeared "no one seems to be interested, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.."

At least let me end my phone conversation then ask me, I would of definitely been interested at those prices FFS. 

Where was this mate (asking for a friend)?
  • CafcWest said:
    People driving who don’t indicate when turning…I mean how difficult is it to flick the lever up or down…!!
    Many brake first then indicate as they turn. Plenty of warning, thanks you idiot 😠
  • CafcWest said:
    Always presumed they were optional extras on new cars
    Certainly seem to be these days as the majority don’t bloody use them!!!
  • Chunes said:
    People in the street who walk right up behind you but don't take over. So they continue their conversation in your ear, all the way down the road.
    Worse is when someone crosses the road to be adjacent with you and then walks at exactly the same pace 
    Or people who block the pavement and just as you are about to walk around them start to walk IN THE SAME DIRECTION.  
  • ross1 said:
    CafcWest said:
    Many brake first then indicate as they turn. Plenty of warning, thanks you idiot 😠
    They're not indicating, they are celebrating that they are turning with those funny little flashing lights.
  • Chunes said:
    I was walking up the hill to my home a few months ago with a heavy 24-pack of cans

Someone walked across the road just in front of me, and strolled in front of me in slow motion for a few minutes.

I moved to the right to go past them, just as we got level with their house, not that I knew at the time, else I wouldnt have walked past them on the right... So still whilst not registering my existence they turned  to go to their door, and of course... almost shat themselves in surprise as they nearly walked into me, not realising I was there.

Naturally it was my fault given the remark and look that I got from the bitch!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 17
    My six year old Son, and the concept of keeping his toys tidy!!

In between work today, I've had a proper tidy of the living room, including putting his toys away

He's just got everything out, and I've just said: "Why have you made that mess as I've tidied up today"

Now he's got a speech delay, which is coming on leaps and bounds, but still made me laugh when he replied... "Why!!"

As if to say, why tidy up Dad... I'm still going to shit the place up lol!
  • Chunes said:
    I was walking up the hill to my home a few months ago with a heavy 24-pack of cans

Someone walked across the road just in front of me, and strolled in front of me in slow motion for a few minutes.

I moved to the right to go past them, just as we got level with their house, not that I knew at the time, else I wouldnt have walked past them on the right... So still whilst not registering my existence they turned  to go to their door, and of course... almost shat themselves in surprise as they nearly walked into me, not realising I was there.

She should have used her indicators the silly cow.
  • Chunes said:

She should have used her indicators the silly cow.
    probably drives an Audi!
  • Hal1x said:
    People.........
    I’d like to give you a 👍🏻 and a 😂 and I’m 100% with you!
  • CafcWest said:
    I asked my wife if the indicators on my car were working. 

She said yes,no, yes,no, yes, no …
  • Was just on the Sky news site and saw the headline “Kate returns to work, days after cancer treatment update” 

I am sorry, but pissing about for some PR photos and shaking some hands is not a job. 
  • The BBC's penchant for listing minor place names on their weather reports. Call me old fashioned, but I know where I am when, in time honoured tradition, they list London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. But nowadays they seem to want to pick the most obscure places, so we get lists like Boggy Bottom, Ecclefechan, Pant y Wacco and Craigadick. It's just meaningless. I'd be happy if they put the minor places on a map as it would be like a little geography lesson, but out of context it's just rubbish.
  • edited September 18
    Putting a 24” flat screen up in the loft a while, leaving it on a box. For it to slide off the box and rest on the loft ladder, unbeknown to me. I needed a hold-all out of the loft, pull the ladder to be met with gravity and a flat screen, hitting me on the head knocking me to the floor. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Smashed head & screen.
  • Putting a 24” flat screen up in the loft a while, leaving it on a box. For it to slide off the box and rest on the loft ladder, unbeknown to me. I needed a hold-all out of the loft, pull the ladder to be met with gravity and a flat screen, hitting me on the head knocking me to the floor. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Smashed head & screen.
    My instinct was to lol that, but that may have been more than a little cruel. Hope you are OK.