Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Things That Annoy You thread - part 2

Comments

• Some gormless tosser as I enter work saying to me "you look a bit wet" trying to be funny as there is a fucking monsoon going on outside. Said "yeah, funny that." 
  • Some gormless tosser as I enter work saying to me "you look a bit wet" trying to be funny as there is a fucking monsoon going on outside. Said "yeah, funny that." 
    Did you go swimming in your clothes mate?
  • Our dogs bottom burps...we've recently taken on a couple of ex racing greyhounds,cracking dogs but f@#k me ,they can turn the air green. 
  • edited September 6
    Our dogs bottom burps...we've recently taken on a couple of ex racing greyhounds,cracking dogs but f@#k me ,they can turn the air green. 
    Our rescue collie was the same.
    Was advised against giving him any food that had chicken in it.
    It worked.
    He gets fresh chicken as a treat now & then……..boy can you smell the difference 🤢
  • Our dogs bottom burps...we've recently taken on a couple of ex racing greyhounds,cracking dogs but f@#k me ,they can turn the air green. 
    Our rescue collie was the same.
    Was advised against giving him any food that had chicken in it.
    It worked.
    He gets fresh chicken as a treat now & then……..boy can you smell the difference 🤢
    Our Bertie only eats chicken, (and kibble) and rarely farts. His breath on the other hand could peel wallpaper off.
  • Fresh green tripe or lamb tripe!
    Mrs TCE smears Vix under her nose while preparing it for freezing it’s that bad.
    We know when Bow has dropped his guts, both dogs f*** off out of the lounge and lay on the decking. 
    It might be good for them but it stinks before and after consuming 😂😂
  • The misuse of 'cancelled' when people mean 'postponed'. Our game tomorrow was threatened with cancellation according to some. Nathan Jones would have been raging his nut off again if it was cancelled. Imagine only playing 45 games when everyone else (bar poor old Rotherham too) would have their full quota of 46. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:
    Dog owners who fart and then conveniently blame their poor mutts for stinking the place out.
    Sorry 😁
  • Another thread polluted by dog lovers.
  • Laptops - marvels of technological wonder - but why can't ANY of the manufacturers put the little Intel, AMD or whatever stickers on straight? Can it really be that difficult?  Who do they employ to do that? Car manufacturers, generally, manage to get their model names on straight don't they. 
  • edited September 6
    What would happen if we had a European Hornet Week? Makes my piss boil ffs -

• This sort of thing.

Why can't they just say you're gonna pay more?

• My boomer parents, who bought their first house for £42k and did it up for less than 10k and its now their 2nd rental property and worth over half a mil, telling me that if I didn't have a honeymoon last year (which cost 3.5k less than 2 months savings for us) we wouldn't be £40k short on the works that need doing on our house. The fact thay we've saved over £60k towards it is irrelevant apparently. They then tole me I couldn't have a loan for it (I wasn't asking for one) even though they "loaned" my sister £60k to purchase her house and have never asked for it back. 

No concept of how different things are now compared to the 70s and 80s.
    Do you think your parents were able to save £3.5k in two months when they bought that house?
  • “Boomer”
  • edited September 14
  • My boomer parents, who bought their first house for £42k and did it up for less than 10k and its now their 2nd rental property and worth over half a mil, telling me that if I didn't have a honeymoon last year (which cost 3.5k less than 2 months savings for us) we wouldn't be £40k short on the works that need doing on our house. The fact thay we've saved over £60k towards it is irrelevant apparently. They then tole me I couldn't have a loan for it (I wasn't asking for one) even though they "loaned" my sister £60k to purchase her house and have never asked for it back. 

It could be worse, suppose it wasn't your family, but your wife's saying that. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 14
    Fumbluff said:
    My boomer parents, who bought their first house for £42k and did it up for less than 10k and its now their 2nd rental property and worth over half a mil, telling me that if I didn't have a honeymoon last year (which cost 3.5k less than 2 months savings for us) we wouldn't be £40k short on the works that need doing on our house. The fact thay we've saved over £60k towards it is irrelevant apparently. They then tole me I couldn't have a loan for it (I wasn't asking for one) even though they "loaned" my sister £60k to purchase her house and have never asked for it back. 

Do you think your parents were able to save £3.5k in two months when they bought that house?
    As a proportion of their income they were able to save much more due to much lower housing costs and general cost of living. And that was off one income not 2. And with 1 kid and another on the way. And they had enough disposable income beyond that to have 4 kids total by the time they were my age. 

My point was about their general attitude that having a honeymoon (after 10 yeas of incredibly cheap holidays staying in hostels etc.) Is in their mind the sole reason we are unable to finish work on our house.
  • edited September 14
    I'm not claiming to be hard done by. I'm very aware of the privileged position we're in and that we are doing much better than many people our age. That's not my issue here. I was just commenting on how when chatting to my parent I had a little moan about some of the many things that don't work properly in our house and make day to day living quite frustrating but that some aren't fixable until other major work has been done and other simply aren't worth the cost of fixing as will be replaced once the major work is done. That their response was and always is "if you didn't have that trip you'd be doing the work" is what annoys me as its never in any world true. 

The biggest factor is brexit causing building supply costs to rocket and so pushing the cost of the project up by nearly 30% since we got the house.
  • @cantersaddick What sort of work is it that needs doing? If it's more cosmetic rather than structural, they're being deeply unreasonable. My memories of my parents doing up our house in the 70s and 80s was that they did one habitable room a year, and one functional space (kitchen, bathroom, toilet, hallway) if time and money allowed. Which is a good job, as it meant they still had the weird blue and green patterned wallpaper that the previous owners had put up in their bedroom, when I came down one night and said "Mum, I don't feel we-- bleurgh" and proceeded to puke all over it.
  • Losing my hearing, eh, speak up.
  • Going to brush your teeth and the electric toothbrush is out of battery
  • edited September 15
    Going to brush your teeth and the electric toothbrush is out of battery
    Is that the point of having an electric toothbrush, otherwise you would have bought a battery operated one ? You’re getting old…
  • People in the street who walk right up behind you but don't take over. So they continue their conversation in your ear, all the way down the road.

Have I read that right?
    Your sisters received £60k and you've not had a bean off them?