Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter at Bromley Addicks

Comments

• Lose tonight and surely they will both be on the end of a serious grilling.
  • Given Saturdays awful performance and that tonights so far is just as bad, hopefully they will get the full fans rants 
  • Well, unless win v Rovers on Tuesday I can see Thursday night at Bromley Addicks with Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter being interesting.
    Charlie might have to wear brown trousers instead of his usual red or yellow ones. 
    I couldn’t give a toss what colour trousers he wears…..why does it bother you Beds?
    It was a joke . You do know what one of those is right ? 
    Erm…..it has been a source of ridicule regarding his clothing for a few months now, not just yourself have used it……I just find it strange that people would think it’s in some way funny. 
    As for knowing what a joke is I reckon I come out as one of the posters on here who crack more amusing comments than most.🤔
    Well when you refind your sense of humour again be sure to let us all know . 
  • Could get uncomfortable for Mr Prickle Pants this one….
  • We had originally invited a different guest but he couldn't come as he was managing Charlton away to Bristol Rovers the same week.

Oh, well
  • Would be good to know how it is deemed that not keeping May and Dobson and CBT and 'replacing' them with far inferior/ inadequate players is deemed a good move.

What is the plan now that the 888 nonsense has gone out the window. 

• Sponsored links:

• It would have been nice if he’d acknowledged that we’d replaced him with a tall toilet
  • Lose tonight and surely they will both be on the end of a serious grilling.
    T8me to get the Broley Addicks George Foreman out!
  • Kap10 said:
    Lose tonight and surely they will both be on the end of a serious grilling.
    T8me to get the Broley Addicks George Foreman out!
    You had a drink, Kap ?  :)
  • Going ahead?
  • I think given what is written on another forum and elsewhere on the internet that a question about our Asian minority investors, ACA would be appropriate, given they seemingly have announced they will not invest any further into the Belgium club Deinze they own outright leaving them on the brink of bankruptcy.
    Do they remain committed to us or trying to exit us too etc.

Can you provide more detail and/or sources? 
    If they are minority (what size?) does it matter?

It would be great if you could attend to ask yourself
  • Going ahead?
    No reason to think not at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• KMSK Deinze appear to be in trouble. The Belgian second tier side released a statement a few days ago concerning their financial situation, with main shareholder ACA Football Partners facing ‘significant financial challenges‘, which has led to delay in payments. While players and staff are still receiving wages, it is other clubs and suppliers that have seen a delay in their payments.

Clearly, this is concerning for the club and its fans. On the pitch, they have started the season reasonably well under Hernan Losada and sit in fourth place. But the off the pitch issues cannot be ignored. Belgian football has seen plenty of clubs run into financial difficulty and then cease to exist. Just last season, Oostende ended up having to merge and drop down a few divisions to remain as a club.

• edited October 2

KMSK Deinze appear to be in trouble. The Belgian second tier side released a statement a few days ago concerning their financial situation, with main shareholder ACA Football Partners facing ‘significant financial challenges‘, which has led to delay in payments. While players and staff are still receiving wages, it is other clubs and suppliers that have seen a delay in their payments.

Clearly, this is concerning for the club and its fans. On the pitch, they have started the season reasonably well under Hernan Losada and sit in fourth place. But the off the pitch issues cannot be ignored. Belgian football has seen plenty of clubs run into financial difficulty and then cease to exist. Just last season, Oostende ended up having to merge and drop down a few divisions to remain as a club.

Great

https://acafp.com/our-clubs/
  • edited October 2
    I think given what is written on another forum and elsewhere on the internet that a question about our Asian minority investors, ACA would be appropriate, given they seemingly have announced they will not invest any further into the Belgium club Deinze they own outright leaving them on the brink of bankruptcy.
    Do they remain committed to us or trying to exit us too etc.

Can you provide more detail and/or sources? 
    If they are minority (what size?) does it matter?

It would be great if you could attend to ask yourself

Henry has added some detail above.  I THINK I read they were about 10% owners although can't be certain in that.
    Does it matter? Depends on what is in the shareholders agreement I guess. 
    It seems very unlikely they will be able to meet any capital calls which must happen regularly just to keep us afloat. 
    Are they allowed to be diluted out? 
    Do other shareholders have any interest in picking up their shares.  Distressed sale of illiquid stock means they should be available for near to nothing but will carry an extra ownership of a loss making company with them (is us). 
    Is there any market out there from other shareholders for a minority stake in a club going backwards?  
  • Well found. I came across this a few months ago and got pelters from CMs mates on another thread for using a naughty word about CM saying that us fans "should be well advised" ..... yes because we're all twats. To put this snippet into context this discussion was about getting rid of ageing players and realising some value before they 'melt' and become worthless. That's the real reason. 

Ask him what his salary is.

Too many leeches at our club.
  • Maybe gravy trains last longer than Range Rovers.
  • Is there any example of people coming out of these meetings and not saying how impressed / reassured / encouraged they are? I suppose KM’s expanded fans’ forum in 2015, but she was probably a special case.

I’m not blaming fans because it’s rarely appropriate or possible to ask and follow up hard questions when people are “giving up their time” (presumably unlike supporters), but I think they are easy meat for directors etc. 

Then there are the actual outcomes on the pitch and in the stands.

I went to a meeting once when somebody asked a question and one of the organisers stopped the question being answered as being inappropriate to the meeting.

I only asked the Question:

🗣️"Would you fight or flight against a big grizzly bear or just stand still and smile, as it tells you so much about the character of a person" 🙄
  • Sage said:
    Doubt I’ll be able to make this, unfortunately.

Would love to know what the realistic plans for The Valley is going forward. Would love to know why no one in any kind of position identified the glaring lack of creativity and whether this is an urgent priority to be addressed.

Can see Methven really using as much PR skills as possible though without really giving a clear answer to some questions
     To be fair to him, he's consistently said he's not the football man and he's left that side of it to people who know best.
    What we really need is Andy Scott In attendance to explain the successive process of god awful transfer windows.
    Suppose you could ask Methven why the blokes still here?
    Of all the head honchos we now have, Methven is the least responsible for what happens on the pitch, so I can see him passing on many of the likely questions.
  • I really wish I could attend, but distance and health won't allow me to.
    I would like to ask, "leaving soundbites and platitudes to one side, what is the aim for this ownership, what are the milestones and what happens if they are not achieved in a reasonable timescale?"
    I don't want to hear about 5 yr plan nonsense, this club won't grow until we're out of this Division, and that needs to happen this/next season. Do they realise crowds will ONLY come back when we're playing attractive and winning football....fan zones won't cut it!
    Will anybody, maybe not in so many words ask this and follow up with secondary questions?
    Thanks 
  • Fumbluff said:
    It would have been nice if he’d acknowledged that we’d replaced him with a tall toilet
    with a busted flush!
  • Will be attending. Could be a bit of a rough ride for Mr Methvin tomorrow.