Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven and Gavin Carter at Bromley Addicks

Comments

• addick19 said:
    Will be attending. Could be a bit of a rough ride for Mr Methvin tomorrow. 

The follow up question to the answer being the key.
  • Is it the wrong time to ask them what their plans are for owning the valley 😉

On my list after catering, pot holes and broken toilet doors  
  • Gribbo said:
    Think more searching questions should be levelled at Jones at this point tbh. It's not like he's not had the backing
    I agree. But someone could, indirectly, by asking Charlie about our transfer and wages budget for this season compared with Wrexham's. (Forget Birmingham, it's a grotesque aberration). Charlie may try to deflect by saying that actual fees  and wages can never be known, but in truth he has a spreadsheet which gives him a very good idea.

Ask him, somebody, please. 
    Whatever our budget was, it was clearly insufficient to bring in the quality we still needed following the 7 initial signings. And after decades of following the club I'd add, twas ever thus.
  • Well found. I came across this a few months ago and got pelters from CMs mates on another thread for using a naughty word about CM saying that us fans "should be well advised" ..... yes because we're all twats. To put this snippet into context this discussion was about getting rid of ageing players and realising some value before they 'melt' and become worthless. That's the real reason. 

Ask him what his salary is.

Too many leeches at our club.
    Are you suggesting that NJ didnt want to get rid of him, then? That goes against some pretty substantial evidence, not least the subbing and dropping of May in the latter stages of last season, for reaasons which baffled Curbs and co. You should also read up on @Swisdom insights into May too. Swisdom went off May a bit for personal reasons he explains, But the fallout between May and Jones preceded all that. 
  • Well found. I came across this a few months ago and got pelters from CMs mates on another thread for using a naughty word about CM saying that us fans "should be well advised" ..... yes because we're all twats. To put this snippet into context this discussion was about getting rid of ageing players and realising some value before they 'melt' and become worthless. That's the real reason. 

Ask him what his salary is.

Too many leeches at our club.
    Are you suggesting that NJ didnt want to get rid of him, then? That goes against some pretty substantial evidence, not least the subbing and dropping of May in the latter stages of last season, for reaasons which baffled Curbs and co. You should also read up on @Swisdom insights into May too. Swisdom went off May a bit for personal reasons he explains, But the fallout between May and Jones preceded all that. 
    Oops posted a response to this but seems to have disappeared. OK another go.

I'm not contradicting any of that. You should try and find the full interview with CM. He makes it very clear about moving ageing players on to realise some value before they become worthless in terms of a return, regardless of what they may contribute throughout the season. The points you and others make about NJ just suits his narrative. I don't trust him and think he's on the make. He may have made a small investment, but what's he being paid?
  • ct_addick said:
    Question for Charlie.....what was the dumbass thinking behind letting Alfie go ? 
    The owners don't have to dip into their own pockets, and we can get Ahadme and Godden for the same price we sell May for.  Aren't we clever?
  • Can you confirm timings for tomorrow please (and have you checked there’s no band playing underneath again?) 

Item 4 Hot water or at least warm to wash hands after a pee 
    item 5 Soap for above
  • 6.30 bar opens
    7.30 AGM
    7.35 Q & A

We've been told there's no fecking band.

Trying to fit in dates when there was no band is a pain in the palace
  • Sponsored links:

Item 4 Hot water or at least warm to wash hands after a pee 
    item 5 Soap for above
    Allocated 20 minutes for that 
  • Hope it goes well tonight. Of course they will say they don’t comment on team matters but when it comes to how the money has been spent, and who in SMT is responsible for those transactions, they have to answer because they’ve got their own skin in the game, and neither are mega-rich enough to lose it. 
  • Livestream?
  • Livestream?
    No
  • Hope they turn up and you give these clowns a hard time.
  • The scouting and recruitment has generally been shockingly awful. None of REG, Gillesphey, Small, Docherty, A Campbell , Ahadme look much good 
    Mitchell is starting to look a bit slow and laboured after a good start. Coventry is half decent ( although not as good as Dobson)  but can’t take set pieces and he has to do it all the time. Ramsey is a good player 
    Possibly too early to tell ( hopefully) on Godden 
    anyway the overall success hit rate is woeful 
    Feel free to ask who is responsible because I’m certainly willing to point the finger at Andy Scott !  

• Saw a job lot of pitchforks on ebay, anyone own ducks or work on the roads?
  • Hope it goes well tonight. Of course they will say they don’t comment on team matters but when it comes to how the money has been spent, and who in SMT is responsible for those transactions, they have to answer because they’ve got their own skin in the game, and neither are mega-rich enough to lose it. 
    I think it would be wrong for them to comment on things like team selection EG Small or Ramsey, why is Gassan being picked, etc because neither is the team manager and if Charlie said, for example, that Taylor should play ahead of Coventry, he would quite rightly be accused of overstepping his role and undermining his manager.

But I do hope that they are asked about their confidence in Jones and the value for money for the various investments made so far, the future plans 

But we as a committee don't, as it has been said, control who asks what and as you yourself said not everyone is adept at framing a probing question.

We'll see what occurs, I'm sure we'll hear some things of interest but it won't be the football version of a court room drama where the clever barrister wins the case with some brilliant cross- examination but that just isn't how these things work.
  • They can be asked about this new device at the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 3
    Hope they turn up and you give these clowns a hard time.
    Hoping they are asked some hard and probing questions rather than being given a hard time.

You catch more with honey than you do with vinegar. 
    What you trying to catch? surely we want answers to the calamitous transfer dealings that have gone on, amongst many other things.

Not the normal arse licking that tends to go on at these type of things.
  • Ask him if May was sold before he 'melts',  and is he taking a wage (doesn't have to declare how much).

Would love to come along but best part of 7 hour round trip.
  • Hoping to make it home in time to make this. Will be on my own though
  • A question about ACA Football Partners would be nice. Whether they're still funding or have they pulled out? 

@Henry Irving   Please add the important question of "When will the fans wi-fi be switcvhed on again!?"
  • CafcWest said:
    Is it the wrong time to ask them what their plans are for owning the valley 😉

@Henry Irving   Please add the important question of "When will the fans wi-fi be switcvhed on again!?"
    Because we need to be online whilst the football is of such low grade entertainment. 🙂