Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• What formation are we playing now? 3 up top with 2 big men?
  • SDAddick said:
    I was literally about to write we were starting to look better. We were defending far too deep, no one got out fast enough, we make other teams look good.

Would Matt Taylor like a job
    I think I'd be happy with Phil 'The Power' Taylor right now.
  • Jones header off the post, defence hoofed clear, and we have another corner.
  • Just to help everyones mood, Alfie May just scored.
    He can't have done. They deemed him not good enough 
  • Sky commentator has found a new player for us….Chuks Anarchy
  • That's also cleared so Edwards takes a third.
  • Two nil.
    We always lose two nil
    We always lose two nil
    Etc
  • Is it now 4 at the back ?
  • Something’s gone wrong surely? At the beginning of the season we were pressing high, working our nuts off. It wasn’t pretty but we grinded out a few results. That’s all gone out the window. Why? And how? Something isn’t right.

We seem to have such a lack of energy compared to teams in recent games.  Like they've lost their bottle and in yer face aggression that we started the season with.

• I'd have kept Berry on and taken off Anderson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jones doesn't have a clue what his best team is or his best formation. 

That's with a full pre-season. 
  • Jones on another day could have a hat trick 
  • Has Jones lost the dressing room?
  • edited October 1
    Something’s gone wrong surely? At the beginning of the season we were pressing high, working our nuts off. It wasn’t pretty but we grinded out a few results. That’s all gone out the window. Why? And how? Something isn’t right.

All went to pot after the Reading defeat. Jones has lost it all. Plot, players, sense of tactics.

Think the Mr Angry persona kicked in and we haven't played a settled side since?
  • Scoham said:
    Jayajosh said:
    Can’t believe how dire we are, what a bunch of poor quality players. 
    I can’t believe they’re as poor as this. Why would they be happy playing this style? Academies don’t bring players nowadays through to sit deep and pump balls up to the big man or into the channels. They’ve not grown up learning to play like this and they don’t look like they believe in it.
    Thisssssss. Think of someone like Coventry. He doesn't want to play hoofball. His best season was playing for a ball playing MK Dons side. Now he's asked to win knock downs and seconds and close down at the edge of the box because we defend on our own six yard line. 

Same with Anderson, same with Berry. The style does not suit the midfield or the forwards
  • How long does Jones get? 
    27 mins plus stoppage time?
  • That's cleared, Coventry to Campbell who crosses, but Jones gets under the ball so it pings off his head and over.
  • If Lloyd Jones was in a firing squad he’d miss the victim with every fucking shot 
  • Proper bogey side

He’s lost the dressing room 

• Sponsored links:

• Has Jones lost the dressing room?
    No, just his marbles
  • Last 10 mins I think we've been good, shame about the other 50 minutes of toilet
  • follett said:
    Hire what should be a good manager and spend decentish money on players and we’re worse than ever. We are legit cursed 
    Jones is just confirming he can only do at Luton.
  • Edwards taking some reasonable corners this half. At least they have some pace on them, instead of the awful loopy ones Coventry took on Saturday.
  • sam3110 said:
    Jones on another day could have a hat trick 
    when will that another day be?
  • Leaburn just headed that with his eye socket
  • I was listening to pardew on talk sport today and he said you know how well a team cares about their manager by their performance when they go behind. Seems like when we go behind this lot give up. 
  • _MrDick said:
    I’m dreading Saturday..  
    We'll win Saturday. It's the Charlton Way. 
    No chance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!