Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

So October is upon us already, and tonight we go again in search of three points, this time down West at The Memorial Stadium where we take on Bristol Rovers in a game well within our capabilities of winning, after all The Pirates currently sit 21st in the League One table following four defeats on the spin, mind you, we are on a potential hat trick of our own tonight...🙄

We've locked horns on 70 previous occasions winning 25, the Pirates 26 and the remaining 19 encounters ending all square, so pretty even I would say, our last trip to the Memorial Stadium resulted in a 2-1 win for the hosts thanks to Chris Martin's brace, however he is reported as not available tonight.

We'll be wearing the yellow away kit again tonight..

Here we go again...

Miles Leaburn returns to the Charlton squad for tonight's game against Bristol and is named amongst the Addicks' substitutes, for the first time since suffering a hamstring injury against Cheltenham Town last November.

Nathan Jones makes four changes to his starting line-up from Saturday with Macaulay Gillesphey, Tennai Watson, Luke Berry and Gassan Ahadme all starting.

If the Addicks line-up in a 3-5-2 formation then Alex Mitchell, captain Lloyd Jones and Gillesphey will make up a back three in front of goalkeeper Will Mannion. 

Watson and Josh Edwards will operate as wing-backs with Berry joining birthday boy Karoy Anderson and Conor Coventry in a midfield trio. 

The returning Ahadme, who missed last weekend's trip to Stevenage with a fractured nose, is likely to play up front alongside Tyreece Campbell.

Leaburn is joined on the bench by Ashley Maynard-Brewer, Kayne Ramsay, Allan Campbell, Greg Docherty, Chuks Aneke and Matty Godden.

Charlton: Mannion; A.Mitchell, Jones (c), Gillesphey; Watson, Coventry, Anderson, Berry, Edwards; Ahadme, T.Campbell

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Ramsay, A.Campbell, Docherty, Leaburn, Aneke, Godden

Comments

• edited October 1
    cafc4life said:
    Had team news leaked to me earlier so here we go

Mannion
    T.Taylor T.Taylor T.Taylor T.Taylor T. Taylor 
                 T.Taylor T.Taylor T.Taylor
                         T.Taylor T.Taylor
    Subs; Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, Ahadme...🤷‍♂️
  • I would probably go

Mannion
    Mitchell Jones Gillesphey 
    Ramsay Coventry Taylor Edwards 
    Berry
    Godden Ahadme

Maynard-Brewer, Potts, Watson, Docherty, T.Campbell, Aneke, Leaburn

But I have no doubt we'll line up completely differently to that. 

Also I know it seems harsh on Anderson and Kanu being left out completely but they're young and will have plenty more opportunities to shine, however they haven't set the world alight so far this season and I think a rest and reset can help them a lot
  • COYR
    COYY...
  • COYR
    COYY...
    CORR
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaburn on the bench, with Ramsay dropping to the bench and Watson starting in his place... thats surprising!!

Back to the front two of Ahadme and Tyreece Campbell at least
  • leaburn on the bench !!!!!
  • Valley11 said:
    Why drop Ramsey? 
    Because Jones has to show that he is in charge & knows what he is doing. Although he will say its because we are playing Sat, Tues, Sat and wants his best players fit for the League Leaders. 
  • Small now in the outer darkness.
  • Southbank said:
    Small now in the outer darkness.
    He should think about signing a new deal with us, cant see him going on to better things based on his current form
  • Sponsored links:

• Who will take our exciting dead ball kicks as it won't be Taylor.
  • Southbank said:
    Small now in the outer darkness.
    As I said would be the case 
  • Massive game for us ! We really need all 3 points. An even bigger night for Ahadme I think as another game without a goal will really pile the pressure on 
  • Valley11 said:
    Why drop Ramsey? 
    Imagine he is being kept for Brum, which if we lose (and May scores) and we don't win tonight, may be the beginning of the tin tack for NJ after 4 defeats in a row.
  • Ramsay clearly rested after playing a lot of games where he covered a lot of ground. Thought Small would start but pleased to see Berry back, hopefully a bit of rest will have helped him get some zip back
  • To avoid Steve Brown’s commentary, which is depressing enough when we are doing well, I’ll be watching on Sky this evening. 
  • Anderson still the 11 baffles me. As does Taylor still not even making the squad.

Mad that for fitness/tactical reasons we can't find a place for any of Ramsay, Aneke, Godden or Leaburn in the 11.
    Lack of fitness is not a mad reason to not play somebody.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!