Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• All the goals are on the bench.

Expect to bring on the strikers when we are 1-0 down & the game is lost. 
    Thats the spirit
    Reverse phsycology. If I convince myself we are going to lose then when we win I'll be even more pleased. 
  • All the goals are on the bench.

Expect to bring on the strikers when we are 1-0 down & the game is lost. 
    Thats the spirit
    Reverse phsycology. If I convince myself we are going to lose then when we win I'll be even more pleased. 
    Haha... Fair enouigh, cant argue with that logic
  • Fair to give Ramsey a rest. Can’t expect him to play Sat - Tues throughout the whole season. Hope Karoy plays well on his birthday, big game for him. COYR
  • Fairly understandable choices there. A midfield of Coventry, Anderson and Berry is workmanlike but hopefully Anderson can find his passing boots and link up well with Berry, use his energy to allow Berry to play a little higher. I can see why Tennai is in, he actually looked much improved under Jones and is surprisingly good at getting into the box, which is a good thing with Edwards as the more defensive wingback on the other side. Ramsay has shown brilliant defensive nous but not enough going forward and with Small out of form it'll be Tennai's chance to take.
    Great to see Leaburn back in the squad, hopefully we'll get to see him play tonight
  • Baffling line up. No Taylor. Anderson still in. Ramsay dropped for no apparent reason. Needs a rest? Its bloody 1st October.
  • Not feeling at all confident about getting anything tonight. Hope I am wrong but feel we will lose. Look forward to seeing Miles & Chuks around 65 minutes.... When we are 1 down. COYRs!!
  • Ramsey looked less sprightly than usual at Stevenage, I think he is rested.
  • Did think Jones would be stubborn with the midfield. Not sure how Anderson (probably national league standard) gets so many minutes. I guess he runs a lot 🤷
  • edited October 1
    I said before the season started that we will see more of Anderson than people may expect. NJ loves him for what he's good at and is willing to forgive and work with him on what he's currently not so good at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not been keeping up, is this a Sky game or do i quickly need to pop overseas?
  • Not been keeping up, is this a Sky game or do i quickly need to pop overseas?
    Will be on Sky Football +
  • the line up pretty much reverts to the line up for the first games of the season except for Watson and Anderson .. i m o this line up looks pretty strong .. as ever, we will see .. great to see Leaburn on the bench
  • Sky + I believe
  • No centre backs on the bench is an interesting choice. 

3 strikers seems like overkill.
  • For those of you using NowTV, the coverage starts at 7:35pm from here:
  • Small is totally out of the picture it seems ?
  • Pleased to see Leaburn back involved. Disappointed to see Ramsay dropped, as I really like him but understand if he needs a rest. I suspect it’s going to be boring and turgid (as per usual) but we will sneak a 1-0 win. NJ will be buzzing but it will be as thrilling as a snail race. 
  • Suspect one of those where if you can only tune in from the 60th minute you would have missed absolutely f all 
  • aliwibble said:
    For those of you using NowTV, the coverage starts at 7:35pm from here:
    Thank you. The advantage of this is that i can pit it on the ipad, move the ipad to the bedroom and then when i fall asleep during the game, no need to move later
  • Sponsored links:

Disrespected the main man when he was subbed early the other week 
  • Doesn't bode well that Doherty is benched already after being made club captain. At some point I'd like to see us try a different formation 
  • Talal said:
    Did think Jones would be stubborn with the midfield. Not sure how Anderson (probably national league standard) gets so many minutes. I guess he runs a lot 🤷
    I think NL standard is harsh. We’ve always had this with academy players like him - Cousins, Wagstaff, Lapslie, Morgan and Fox. None were superstars but all were useful when we had the quality elsewhere in the team. Anderson’s unfortunate we don’t have Yann or Taylor up front, Aribo, Gudmundsson or Cullen in midfield etc. His weaknesses stand out more because of it.
  • I really only like 3-5-2 if you have a CB who is comfortable stepping up into the midfield to help cause overloads.

Otherwise I think you just end up being turgid and uninspiring like we have been.
  • Doesn't bode well that Doherty is benched already after being made club captain. At some point I'd like to see us try a different formation 
    To be fair we did on Saturday.
  • Got to feel bad for Taylor if he can't get into the team still. Can't see anything but a defeat now. 
  • AndyG said:
    Massive game for us ! We really need all 3 points. An even bigger night for Ahadme I think as another game without a goal will really pile the pressure on 
    Disagree,the gas man is on fire. 2 in 2.
  • Bristol Rovers home results this season

1-0 win vs Northampton
    3-3 draw vs Spurs U21
    2-0 win vs Cambridge
    0-4 loss vs Wigan
    1-2 loss vs Wycombe

Disrespected the main man when he was subbed early the other week 
    Not only did you ban him from this forum but you got NJ to drop him as well!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!