Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• edited October 1
    I suspect Ramsey is rested for Saturday, great to see Miles named on team sheet, surprised Anderson starts again, and yet again no Taylor!
    3 points needed tonight to give us a base for Birmingham game. 
  • Southbank said:
    Small now in the outer darkness.
    He should think about signing a new deal with us, cant see him going on to better things based on his current form
    He is so young I think that based on 8 games that's a bit premature.
  • Watson is one of our better crossers into the (oppo) box
  • Scoham said:
    Talal said:
    Did think Jones would be stubborn with the midfield. Not sure how Anderson (probably national league standard) gets so many minutes. I guess he runs a lot 🤷
    I think NL standard is harsh. We’ve always had this with academy players like him - Cousins, Wagstaff, Lapslie, Morgan and Fox. None were superstars but all were useful when we had the quality elsewhere in the team. Anderson’s unfortunate we don’t have Yann or Taylor up front, Aribo, Gudmundsson or Cullen in midfield etc. His weaknesses stand out more because of it.
    That's fair but maybe take him out of the picture if the quality needed isn't around him? I just think it's too early for him to be involved this much but obviously hope he has a good game. 
  • The recent erratic line-ups suggest Jones has absolutely no idea what constitutes the best first 11 with this squad. Personally I'm happy to see our top scorer with a grand total of two (Berry) back in the starting line-up.
  • Suspect one of those where if you can only tune in from the 60th minute you would have missed absolutely f all 
    Could always watch Stevenage V Wrexham for 60 mins and then turn it over in the hope Aneke can do 30 mins + stoppage/time wasting time 
  • Watson is one of our better crossers into the (oppo) box
    I agree mate. Watson might not be as good as Ramsey at defending but he offers far more of an attacking threat 
  • Small needs to sign the contract...🤷‍♂️
  • Not much to add in the build up, dont mind seeing Watson in to give Ramsay a rest, disappointed theres no room for Taylor, really dont see how ACampbell is the better option for the bench when you 2 similar players in Anderson and Docherty, Berry starting and Leaburn on the bench.

Dont think we'll see Leaburn unless we're looking comfortable.

1-2 win Ahadme and Berry.

• Sponsored links:

• Getting fed up with Brownie already we've not GOT to give anyone credit for scoring against us...🙄
  • Bench is horribly unbalanced again. Why he doesn't have REG in there I don't know. He can cover a variety of positions. 3 strikers is ridiculous imo. Campbell is a waste of time on the bench. Terry Taylor has either been caught playing Black Sabbath records backwards or shagging Jones' missus.....
  • Doesn't bode well that Doherty is benched already after being made club captain. At some point I'd like to see us try a different formation 
    We did last Saturday.

That didn't work either.
  • Getting fed up with Brownie already we've not GOT to give anyone credit for scoring against us...🙄
    you do if the opposition create a good move
  • Don't like that starting 11. It's also much colder here than I thought it would be 
  • Croydon said:
    Don't like that starting 11. It's also much colder here than I thought it would be 
    The excitement watching us will warm you up 😁 
  • A repeat of that 4-1 scoreline would do nicely.

4 shots on goal would be nice...
  • Gaszorro Ahademe
    you do if the opposition create a good move
    Do I...ok.
  • The team looks less strong the more you look at it / watch them play.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 1
    More tinkering. He’s gonna have to settle on a core at some point. Reminds me of Pardew a bit. 
  • Away end looks very sparse
  • YESSSS... GETTIN!! - Found a bar of chocolate in the cupboard
    now have a look for that can of Tenants Super in the garage
  • Valley11 said:
    Away end looks very sparse
    Cold Tuesday night after last Saturday...looks reasonable...
  • edited October 1
    Not sure I like this tinkering. Watson for Ramsey. No Small again  … Hmmn. 
  • YESSSS... GETTIN!! - Found a bar of chocolate in the cupboard
    Don't you dare 👎😣
  • edited October 1
    Gone 518 on virgin, red button, info, only championship ?
  • ross1 said:
    YESSSS... GETTIN!! - Found a bar of chocolate in the cupboard
    Don't you dare 👎😣
    Dont know what you mean Ross?  o:)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!