Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Who on earth do you get to come in and sort this shambles out.
    We're not just becoming a laughing stock as a club, but its also making it difficult to attract the right Managers... How else did we end up with Appleton last season, we of course managed to get Nathan Jones but imagine we had to pay big money to do that.

Our Manager turnover must be a massive red flag for serious Managers
     If we sack Jones (which we won’t, unless things get seriously out of hand) then we’ll be left picking from the Appleton’esque merry go round of failed lower league managers or taking some sort of enormous gamble on an inexperienced up and coming manager from the non-league who did well in some pub division. 
  • Someone needs to take that mola out.
  • Some stuff in the rovers box, we almost get a shot away.

Meh.
  • Apprently Ramsay came on for Edwards, and Docherty on for Coventry. Which means we have no more subs, awkward as Anderson is down in their 6 yard box.
  • How many free kicks given away around the box again tonight? At least half a dozen?
    NJ said previously we give away too many free kicks in dangerous places, players obviously listening
  • Ramsay just on and he's got a loose touch too
  • (Nicec little backheel from Leaburn in the move that led up to that)
  • Genuine question,  are we in crisis? I think we are. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Who on earth do you get to come in and sort this shambles out.
    We're not just becoming a laughing stock as a club, but its also making it difficult to attract the right Managers... How else did we end up with Appleton last season, we of course managed to get Nathan Jones but imagine we had to pay big money to do that.

If we sack Jones (which we won’t, unless things get seriously out of hand) then we’ll be left picking from the Appleton’esque merry go round of failed lower league managers or taking some sort of enormous gamble on an inexperienced up and coming manager from the non-league who did well in some pub division. 
    We're massively stuck in Groundhog Day, keep repeating the same mistakes hoping that one day we'll get it right.
  • Stockport 0-2
    Barnsley 2-2
  • aliwibble said:
    (Nicec little backheel from Leaburn in the move that led up to that)
    I will say the one bright spot from tonight is that he's looked lively. 
  • Ref does Ramsay for a foul throw (taking too many yards)
  • Great, now we can't even take a throw on properly.
  • I’m stuck watching this listening to these really annoying Bristol Rovers commentators. 
    I’ve never heard commentary so devoid of intelligence, insight, knowledge or balance. Among other bullshit, they’re somehow claiming our goal was offside, despite it being nodded on by a defender then headed back to Mitchell.
    If we weren’t so fucking shit, they’d be the most annoying part of the night.
  • edited October 1
    Make it nice and easy for them lads
  • se9addick said:

I'd stick with Flemming in that scenario 
  • Throw goes over everyone's head for a goal kick.
  • Genuine question,  are we in crisis? I think we are. 
    We haven't been out of it since about 2008.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m stuck watching this listening to these really annoying Bristol Rovers commentators. 
    I’ve never heard commentary so devoid of intelligence, insight, knowledge or balance. Among other bullshit, they’re somehow claiming our goal was offside, despite it being nodded on by a defender then headed back to Mitchell.
    If we weren’t so fucking shit, they’d be the most annoying part of the night.
    The goal was very clearly onside for what it's worth.
  • se9addick said:

The Elephant in the room, is that any decent manager will take one look at our manager history - since Curbs in reality - but certainly in the Duschitalet years, and also since post Covid, and think 'fuck that, club is a joke' - you reap what you sow......
  • Mitchell's frustration shows as he pushes over his man and they get a free kick level with the corner of our area.
  • Chunes said:
    Make it nice and easy for them lads
    A few more silly fouls ought to do it
  • Who on earth do you get to come in and sort this shambles out.

;) 
    I know it’s tongue in cheek but I don’t think he’s interested in managing again. 

Bowyer however…
  • Brown59 said:
    May has scored again for Brum 😡
    Thats nice
  • Why so many stupid fouls ? Braindead players 
  • Leaburn heads the free kick away, good tackling from Chuks to prevent the ball back in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!