Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Bristol Rovers V Charlton Athletic : Tuesday 1st October 2024 KO 19:45

Comments

• Brown59 said:
    May has scored again for Brum 😡
    May who...🙄
  • Gribbo said:
    se9addick said:
    Who on earth do you get to come in and sort this shambles out.
    We're not just becoming a laughing stock as a club, but its also making it difficult to attract the right Managers... How else did we end up with Appleton last season, we of course managed to get Nathan Jones but imagine we had to pay big money to do that.

Our Manager turnover must be a massive red flag for serious Managers
     If we sack Jones (which we won’t, unless things get seriously out of hand) then we’ll be left picking from the Appleton’esque merry go round of failed lower league managers or taking some sort of enormous gamble on an inexperienced up and coming manager from the non-league who did well in some pub division. 
    I'd stick with Flemming in that scenario 
    We looked atrocious under him last season. Talks a good game, but I don't think he's a manager, I think he's a coach.
  • Brown59 said:
    May who...🙄
    Be
  • Brown59 said:
    He isn't good enough for brum let alone us. That's why they signed Dykes and Stansfield. 
  • Rovers down our left, another shot from distance but this time it's a goal kick.
  • Chuks flicks on the goal kick but it's out for a throw near the RH corner flag.
  • Ooh, Anderson has a shot which just skews wide.
  • SDAddick said:
    I’m stuck watching this listening to these really annoying Bristol Rovers commentators. 
    I’ve never heard commentary so devoid of intelligence, insight, knowledge or balance. Among other bullshit, they’re somehow claiming our goal was offside, despite it being nodded on by a defender then headed back to Mitchell.
    If we weren’t so fucking shit, they’d be the most annoying part of the night.
    The goal was very clearly onside for what it's worth.
    Yeah. Obviously. Unless you’re a Bristol commentator..
  • Brown59 said:
    More worried about Charlton than ex players 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Mansfield winning 0-2
    Bolton 1-4
    Rotherham winning 0-1
  • se9addick said:
    Who on earth do you get to come in and sort this shambles out.
    We're not just becoming a laughing stock as a club, but its also making it difficult to attract the right Managers... How else did we end up with Appleton last season, we of course managed to get Nathan Jones but imagine we had to pay big money to do that.

Our Manager turnover must be a massive red flag for serious Managers
     If we sack Jones (which we won’t, unless things get seriously out of hand) then we’ll be left picking from the Appleton’esque merry go round of failed lower league managers or taking some sort of enormous gamble on an inexperienced up and coming manager from the non-league who did well in some pub division. 
    The Elephant in the room, is that any decent manager will take one look at our manager history - since Curbs in reality - but certainly in the Duschitalet years, and also since post Covid, and think 'fuck that, club is a joke' - you reap what you sow......
    Yep, if you have any semblance of a reputation in League Football to protect you wouldn’t come to us. We’ll only be able to attract the desperate, failed, managers or unknowns from way down the ladder. All things considered for now I’d stick with Jones, but he needs to sort this mess out and quickly.
  • Brown59 said:
    We don’t need him, we have Ahadme …. 
  • Jones came in and thought he was the messiah. And he really believed that I reckon. His arrogance is catching up to him now. And we’re suffering. It’s almost like it has been a performance from him. There’s absolutely no substance there and now it’s unraveling. 
  • That Anderson chance - we don’t create enough like that. Do that more often and a few would go in.
  • What was that for? I mean I'll take the free kick but eh?
  • Scoham said:
    That Anderson chance - we don’t create enough like that. Do that more often and a few would go in.
    Couldn’t even get it on target 
  • How many consecutive league defeats can Jones survive, as it will definitely be 4 after Saturday and I can see it getting to 7 at least?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that 6 or 8 mins added time?
  • edited October 1
    6 minutes added time...just end it now ffs
  • Why has the referee stopped play??
  • Bolton 2-4
  • aliwibble said:
    Is that 6 or 8 mins added time?
    Too many.
  • And now we have a drop ball for reasons I don't know.
  • Brown59 said:
    He isn't good enough for brum let alone us. That's why they signed Dykes and Stansfield. 
    Lisa Stansfield would score a hat-trick against our side.
    Lisa Stansfield - yum yum yum 
  • Chunes said:
    Why has the referee stopped play??
    Because a fan blew a fake whistle
  • Just to help everyones mood, Alfie May just scored.
    But he's not good enough for the championship & not good enough for Jones

We've got gas & godden  :#
  • Leaburn heads on Godden to Docherty and it's blocked for a corner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!