Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's your favourite brand(s) of beer?

PragueAddick inspired this thread when he claimed that Pilsner Urquell was the king of all beers. What's your favourite?

Comments

• Singha is my premium beer of choice and is a bit of a treat.

Kroenenburg is my regular beer, yummy.

• Partial to a Tiger beer and the Beer Lao in Thailand is a good'un. (You'd obviously know this t.m.a)
    Crown and Carlton Draught in Australia.
    We get a Lebanese lager here called Almaza which is good also.

But to be fair i'm not too fussy.
  • Erdinger Weiss Brau.....preferably on draught.
  • In fact you just persuaded me to open a can of Tiger to help kick off the (Qatari) weekend.

Cheers.
  • Being a real ale man, my choices are all British. Used to love Youngs "ordinary" and Special, but I don't think they're the same these days. Also loved Fullers London Pride a few years ago.

These days Black Sheep bitter goes down well, as does St Austell Tribute and Sharps Doom Bar.

Greatest ever beer is probably Courage Imperial Russian Stout. Several other breweries make something similar, but at about 9% you wouldn't want to be drinking it all night.

• not worth even discussin cos us youngens only get told beer and lager is shite and real ale is for real men bla bla bla.

i like anything you can have with lemonade.
  • I'm no alcohol due to health reasons which as a lager drinker in the summer is a killer at BBQ's.

Best non alcoholic i've found over past 6 months is Bavaria and Krombacher and at less than 30p a bottle i've saved money and lost weight... but my evenings are mostly rubbish!

• Love a Peroni
  • After visiting Prague a couple of weekends ago my favourite now is jezek (@ £1.10 a pint.)
    Prague addick will probably tell me that Czechs wouldn't even wash their dogs in it.
    Favourite over here is draught holstein export.
  • Favourite: Adnams Bitter followed by Harveys Sussex Best.
    Dislike: Fullers London Pride.
  • Sponsored links:

• Favourite: Adnams Bitter followed by Harveys Sussex Best.
    Dislike: Fullers London Pride.
    Yep, I'd go with that when in England.

In Asia, Tiger, Singha and San Miguel are good. The Carlsberg in Malaysia is pretty good as it is brewed locally under the loving care of the ex-Singha brewmaster.

Hoegaarden is also pretty good too.
  • Skol lager
  • Stella or Cobra
  • edited September 2011
    Or if you want to get fancy, Brooklyn.
  • Like most of what Cropton Brewery has to offer, like a bit of Meantime IPA, London Lager and Kolsch (sp?), like Leffe Brun, Aspinals Premier Cru and Guinness..

I like most 'booze', I just don't drink much of it....
  • Brooklyn is a current favourite too and they're selling it in Sainsburys...good shout FoD
  • edited September 2011
    Shepherd Neame Late Red - Currently 3 for £4 in Asda.

Proper Beer from a proper brewery in a proper county!

(Edit - Must remember to log in as myself)
  • I like Skol, Tuborg and Hoffmiester as lagers and Stones, Ben Trueman and Worthington E as bitters.
  •  
    Brooklyn is a current favourite too and they're selling it in Sainsburys...good shout FoD
    It's on tap at some trendy pub in Hoxton square, you get change from a fiver, but not much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Many brands haven't been mentioned, notably Budweiser, considered as cat's piss, at least in France. For me, Warsteiner has the edge on most
    german lagers.
  • don't drink ... yep I wouldn't trust me either !!
  • Adnams Broadside or Harveys Sussex best from the bar. St Peters Ruby red or Badger Golden Glory from the bottle i could drink that stuff till it came out of my ears.

• Love a Peroni
    Ditto
  • Hopback Summer Lightning, Wadworths 6X, Shepherd Neame Whitstable Bay Organic, Greene King IPA, Ringwood Old Thumper. Good shouts from Vinnie too...
  • Budweiser or Corona for me
  • Being a real ale man, my choices are all British. Used to love Youngs "ordinary" and Special, but I don't think they're the same these days. Also loved Fullers London Pride a few years ago.

These days Black Sheep bitter goes down well, as does St Austell Tribute and Sharps Doom Bar.

Greatest ever beer is probably Courage Imperial Russian Stout. Several other breweries make something similar, but at about 9% you wouldn't want to be drinking it all night.

You have good taste - i'd say Tribute and Doom Bar are up there in my top 3
  • My alltime favourite is a spanish beer Mahou (Red label) but not too many places to buy it here
    But alternatively I'm quite partial to a fosters
  • Many brands haven't been mentioned, notably Budweiser, considered as cat's piss, at least in France. For me, Warsteiner has the edge on most
    german lagers.
    Budweiser is probably the most overhyped and tasteless lager ever - no kick to it whatsoever. kronenberg or Becks if i'm having a lager indoors but either a real ale or probably a fosters if i'm having a session in a pub. 
  • My alltime favourite is a spanish beer Mahou (Red label) but not too many places to buy it here
    But alternatively I'm quite partial to a fosters
    spot on - the green label is decent but i'd agree, a cold red label mahou is the nuts and therefore i retract my staement about kronenburg. san Miguel's not bad when in spain as well but not as good and amstell is crap.