Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited October 2011 in General Charlton
Another day and another great away win. Nine out of nine since the disappointing Stevenage outing. Which also co-incided with my last outing. Notice a trend....

Marginally gutting that Hudders and Sheff W also pulled off away wins, but lets concentrate on us. This is going as well or better than any of us would have hoped for at the tail end of last season, so lets enjoy it.

Look forward to hearing the views from the traveling 353, well done all.

Comments

• 3 games, 9 points, 10 scored, one conceded.

Sod what anyone else is doing. At the rate it just isn't going to matter.
  • Not there but am absolutely delighted. This lot are starting to get it together now and if there are two teams better than us then good luck to them. COYR
  • Best away team in England Nuff said
  • best away record in the 92.

Pleased to see Waggy got another and that the team is keeping clean sheets.

Onwards and upwards

• 3 games, 9 points, 10 scored, one conceded.

Sod what anyone else is doing. At the rate it just isn't going to matter.
    Yep, we've got 37 points after just 16 games. Everyone seems to be playing with confidence.

Happy Days
  • One week...

Three games...

Nine goals...

Nine points...

Obviously a plan B does exist.

• Well done the lads!
  • So pleased with this week thought we may get a point today so to go away and win 4 nil is great.
  • If we are going by the "2 points a game" target then we have 5 points in hand. Delighted with today, can only bread confidence with difficult/important games coming up. 
  • pity huddersfield sneak a late win , but great stuff 
  • Sponsored links:

• One week...

Three games...

Nine goals...

Nine points...

Obviously a plan B does exist.

• I actually make it 10 from three games...even better!
  • edited October 2011
    said to a mate 6 weeks ago (both of us thought " we have done well but cant keep it up")  that we should see where we were at the end of October-------well thats now and we are top and clear. 

Have to say a huge well done to all involved-----18 new players-----------etc etc---stunning.
  • edited October 2011
    Hartlepool view:

well beaten by a very good side who stepped up a
    gear at 2-0 to put the game to bed and gave us a lesson in taking
    chances, keeping the ball and closing the game out. our players and
    staff should watch the dvd over and over again, as charlton are a good
    model to aspire to. skilful when given the chance but also physical
    when it was called for.

• What a difference it makes when you have defenders that can defend, strikers that score and a midfield that creates. Simples!! We are top of the league, I said we are top of the league!

• Have to say a huge well done to all involved-----18 new players-----------etc etc---stunning.
    Agreed
  • Hartlepool view:

well beaten by a very good side who stepped up a gear at 2-0 to put the game to bed and gave us a lesson in taking chances, keeping the ball and closing the game out. our players and staff should watch the dvd over and over again, as charlton are a good model to aspire to. skilful when given the chance but also physical when it was called for.
    very pleasing to read that.  Got a link?
  • Brilliant result.
    Very happy here tonight.
  • edited October 2011

Marginally gutting that Hudders and Sheff W also pulled off away wins, but lets concentrate on us.
    They were playing the bottom two sides, so it would have been a major upset if either had dropped points.

Concentrating on us, it's the 11th time I've predicted the correct result this season  (as in I've  predicted us to win every game - which is why I've also got five wrong!)

Only five games  left now until Xmas - Preston (H), Brentford  (A), Huddersfield (H), Walsall (A), Oldham (H)

Olde Incorruptible's  Chrystmas Almanacke predicts Charlton on 50 pts come Yuletide  and at least four points clear at the top  (Huddersfield have to go to Shef Wed last game before the festivities, btw...)
  • I really want to enjoy this, but I have been Charltonised over the last few seasons and can't get rid of the nagging doubt that it is all going to go tits up at somepoint.

7-1-1 is a superb away record.

Really hope we can follow it up with a result against Preston. Sounds like it could be a good time to play them.

• Sponsored links:

• Bookies still have Hudds as favourite for the title / promo. 
  • Great result today Coyr - Bring on preston
  • Ahead on goal difference as well now.  Thrilled to bits for all  of us, we do rather deserve it don't we?
  • Preston haven't won in 6 League 1 games.
    5 have been losses. BIG time to play them! 
  • edited October 2011
    The most one sided match I've seen for ages. I cannot remember them having a shot either on or off target. We looked very complete today, well worth the super early start. £2.50 a pint in the ground too!
  • Preston haven't won in 6 League 1 games.
    5 have been losses. BIG time to play them! 
    Ye, if we can beat them we will be flying
  • I'm really looking forward to turning the Terriers over for their first defeat. Sort of hope they stay unbeaten till then for that reason although draws for them better than wins.
  • We are showing consistancy which is what is needed for any team going for promotion. Quality also helps and it is not often charlton have both!
  • BenHamer21 Ben Hamer 
    Long trip home with 9 outta 9 points in a week... Chefs producing food at the back! Fair play to the great support again!! #cafc

• Haysey_9 Paul hayes 
    Another great win! 9pts out of 9. Great goals from @bwp10, Hollands and waggy !! Pleased to played my part in a assist. long trip bk now.