Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
One moment of quality from Jackson ensured it was a lot more comfortable finish than it earlier suggested. Halifax competed very well. Whether we should have been more dominant against a team of part timers three leagues below us, who have won just 6 in 15, or that is simply what the FA Cup throws up, i don't know. But even though it wasn't impressive in the bulk and the scoreline flattered, a potential banana skin and further national ridicule is comfortably out the way.

As others picked up in the match thread, five changes but it was only really Evina who seemed to have impressed from that crop. Euell is picking up stick and not arguing in any way that he looked poor and a shadow of his former self, but there were equally others that simply didn't look at the races throughout the game. The quality down the left of Evina / Jackson stood out though.

Highlight for the game for me was seeing just how happy Bradley Pritchard was with his first goal. Real genuine emotion, and you could equally see how happy all his team mates were for him, Well done Bradders.

All post-match views in this thread

Comments

• Options
    A good win. Couldn't help but feel smug after the late flurry of goals but we deserve it.
  • Options
    I couldn't see the game on account of the fact I've just realised I've been wearing blinkers all day. Imagine that. And me not realising either. What a silly billy.
  • Options
    Apologies to NLA on the match thread - I joined the end of a conversation as I had only just logged on. The guys I was watching with agreed the front 2 didnt look like scoring but thought Hayes was doing enough in general play. The negativity I just read on that thread was un necessary.

What a great day out for the club.
    So many positives, especially Evina, JJ BP and maintaining the winning mentality.
    Being Charlton, one always feels the wheels are about to come off, but somehow there is karmic justice that someone as nice as CP is being rewarded with a great season so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Halifax were strong for their level, score flattered us a little but well desreved.

Solly, Jackson and Evina particularly good. Pritchard as always in a cameo role looked good.

• Options

I bet Huddersfield would prefer a 4-0 away win to a 4-1 away defeat !

Thought we looked assured and midfield looked solid all game - Jackson & Hollands looked class and the full backs were excelent too !

just shows we have class all over the pitch - apart from up-front !!   Euell is just not up to it & Hayes touch is poor.

• Options
    edited November 2011
  • Options
    As they have said on TV, not as comfortable as the scoreline suggests,  Nice to see another Bradley score.  

All in all, job done. Bring on Carlisle.
  • Options
    Didn't play well and won 4-0 against a side that wanted to play and the type of team that has caught us out in the past.  Great performances from each of the scorers.  Bit of an overreaction to the performances of the forwards, but they did not have great games.
  • Options
    The Northwich Victoria debacle is put to bed. Well done to Matt Taylor and Chris Solly. Well done to Bradley Pritchard and good to see him back. I liked the look of Smith as well. I was pleased that we looked so solid throughout the game. That was down to a good team selection from CP.

Onwards and forwards.
  • Options
    Professional performance, wouldn't say anyone had a great game. Smith and Pritch with good cameos at the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to be in a pub in Sunbury with CAFC support so loud - fair play to that lot.

AFKA summed up how I felt about Pritchard, don't know why - but got such a positive feeling about this bloke
  • Options
    Not needed Floyd ,

A game we didn't really need put to bed , 4 nil flattered some didn't play too well,

4 really good goals a good enough team performance

Some need to remember that the reason scp is doing so well is that he is calm and astute

I didn't think we needed to change the team at 1 nil although we were under a lot of pressure

The game was used to get mins under the belt of a few and it worked

Hats off professional performance and clinical when needed

Some really do need us to lose some games so they can be happy

Me I have had enough doom wAtching this lot to last a life time and right now I am 100 percent glass half full
  • Options
    Only really able to see last half hour properly but saw an awesome bit of defensive play from Chris Solly. We clearly were not our usual fluent selves, but as said above, Huddersfield would love to be in our shoes today. Was pretty mystified why he risked BWP for five minutes until Mortimerician pointed out that that cup-ties him. Smart. Great to see that Pritchard is fit and then able to make such a contribution.
  • Options
    Missed most of the game watching my son's game.  Got back in the car as it became 2 - 0.

Seemed we did a job without playing them off the park but game time for a lot of fringe players and subs.
  • Options
    good on pritchard
  • Options
    Thanks Prague for reminding me - Chris Solly- he's...... good. Not just that bit, he was great
  • Options
    Thanks again Prague - BWP - cuptied .... lol - QUALITY SCP
  • Options
    Happy with the win, the performance was shaky at times but with substantial changes to the side against a hungry Halifax it was to be expected.

Funny how criticizing an individual performance is equated with "doom-mongering" or a desire for the team to lose.  Queer folk, some of the posters on here.

GOOD WIN.
  • Options

On the other hand we've just cup tied Jason Euell....

• Options

On the other hand we've just cup tied Jason Euell....

Shh, you might get assaulted by an e-thug for saying that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good win - 19 goals in 5 games
  • Options
    thug. Lol.
  • Options
    Sarcasm much? ;)
  • Options
    You seem a tad touchy oa

The doom mongering comment was aimed at some who couldn't even let the game start before being miserable and pessimistic

But if you feel posting a thread criticising someone who scp clearly feels brings something to the table when we are 5 clear in the league lost only 1 league game so far this. Season and has just beaten a team that would've nailed us to the tv mast last season and scored 4 to boot is the response of a fan that is fully supportive of the 1 aim philosophy then good on ya
  • Options
    You seem a tad touchy oa

The doom mongering comment was aimed at some who couldn't even let the game start before being miserable and pessimistic

But if you feel posting a thread criticising someone who scp clearly feels brings something to the table when we are 5 clear in the league lost only 1 league game so far this. Season and has just beaten a team that would've nailed us to the tv mast last season and scored 4 to boot is the response of a fan that is fully supportive of the 1 aim philosophy then good on ya
    Not touchy at all (only a handful of tears and a runny nose, honest).

Shame you couldn't post this on the tread I created instead of "total bollox" but ah well.
  • Options
    4-0 was a bit flattering, given me a kind of false sense of happiness abuot the game. Me and me Pa were worried through most of it, looked in control of the first half but lost it a bit in the second. Everyone seemed to be giving abuot 80% and half going into tackles, not moving as much. I'm not surprised, noone wants to get injured when places are in such high contention. BUt was still a little frustrating. Showed our quality at the end but not the best display. Ah well, job done. Special mention to Pritchard. I love that kid. The pure glee on his face after his goal would've made a 3-1 loss worthwhile. Can't wait for him to get more games.

P.S. Can't we keep the bitching to one thread please?
  • Options
    Because I felt it was total bollox the speed of it warranted a response like it imo

I am all up for reasoned debate and I ain't to ignorant to even hold my hands up when I get things wrong

It seemed to me that there is an element looking for issues and criticism where it ain't needed

If your post was not one of those that was intended to just be doom and gloom then my its bollox comment wasn't warranted

• Options
    P.S. Can't we keep the bitching to one thread please?

Never worked before !
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    We got the job done against a spirited Halifax side.

the score line faltered us.

Euell looks way past it.

Our Centre backs were our biggest threat.

Sullivan looks better than hamer.

Smith looked good for the short time when he came on.

An average performance from the team but very happy with the result. 

COYR!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options

negative post because of negative play.

passing it along the back 4 then kicking up to forwards with no touch. No creativity, no sense of emergency, to slow and to often knocked of the ball. where was the midfield? they should take this opportunity against a lower side to show some of their skill, their invention in their play and passing. 

how tayler gets motm by itv i dont know. it should of been that ginger player they took off. when he left they lost a pretty integral part of their midfield, and so gave us more space in the middle. Tayler however had a pretty average game apart from his goal. his defending was full of mistakes, he wasent closing players down, he was letting them turn and his passing was woeful. then again it wasent just him with the woeful passing.

The tactic of morrison being our playmaker (though i doubt it wast the tactic) is just ridiculous.  just like in the carling cup and just like when we were against stevenage. how we manage to play so poorly when we all know we can play some of the best football we've seen for many a year. this could be just an off day, which i'm sure it is, but we cant just ignore it, you learn from mistakes.  Great scoreline. good goals but mediocre overall team performanse. still at least we can beat teams even when we are not at our best. Thats my match report, not my season report not my what they did last week report. we won. just not in style.