Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fake fans

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
At work today i was speaking to a chelsea fan he claims to be a more loyal supporter than me becasuse i miss the occasional and im mean OCCASIONAL home game, where as he never misses a chelsea game on sky.
Have some fans really become this deluded? or has t.v just brainwashed the nation into think watching your team on tv is just as good as following them at home and away?

Comments

• I think he's winding you up!
  • chin him
  • edited January 2012
    Tell him he is a twat. Def wum though.
  • chin him
    This
  • Even though he's winding you up i would disembowel him and strangle him with his own entrails.
  • I assumed he was on a winp up at first, but no he was being deadly serious!!
  • I provide a useful link for your work colleague.
    http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
  • Did he go home and away when he supported Fulham 10 years ago ?
  • Impale him with a corner flag.
  • chin him
    i would but as floyd montana has just pointed out, i think he has mental issues
  • Sponsored links:

• you work with tim lovejoy?
  • edited January 2012
    There's a huge difference between being a fan of a club and being a follower of a club....you are a fan...he is a mere follower. You go to many games, put your hand in your pocket and know how to get to The Valley on a regular basis.
    Tell him this out straight....he wont like to hear it but it's the plain and simple truth.
    He's a follower NOT a fan.
  • He probably thinks Football only started when the Premiership was invented!
  • poo on his desk.
  • You are a supporter he is a fan and therein lies the difference.
    If you choose you can be the 12th man, he cannot from his armchair!
  • edited January 2012
    He's a follower NOT a fan.
    You are a supporter he is a fan and therein lies the difference.
    You two need to get together and sort your ideas out !
  • You are a supporter he is a fan and therein lies the difference.
    Unless you press the red button of course...........................
  • Then begins the argument of tickets are more expensive etc, still no excuse really the away games etc must make the chelsea season ticket by the end of the year, what makes it worse he thinks crystal palace are a bigger club than us with more history! whos got a spare gun?
  • Why do you even talk to this bloke ?
  • edited January 2012
    Its a joke how many people are armchair bellends.
    Out of my entire year in school, I can count the ones who didnt support a top4/westham team on 1 hand.

Myself
    My Norwich mate
    My Millwall mate
    My Orient mate
    QPR bird

They just dont realise how much of a buzz it is. Hudds game, playoff the other year, beating chelsea/liverpool. So sad they dont know anything else apart from sky sports. A fair few more do watch our local team, canvey island, only because everyone knows everyone though. Its not anyones first team and theres never more than 200 people there..

Nothing on our Covered End
  • Sponsored links:

• Annoys me when people dont have a clue about the league tables below the prem as well..
  • Ask him how much he has contributed to his team while sitting on the sofa ?
  • Ask him how much he has contributed to his team while sitting on the sofa ?
    Quite a lot no doubt 'cos he pays his Sky subscription. Sad but true.
  • I think he does this because really he is just jelous that he doesn`t support his team home&away personally i hope he rots in his armchair.
  • Does he have Chelsea TV? Otherwise how can he watch every match when even Chelsea aren't on every week.
  • Does he have Chelsea TV? Otherwise how can he watch every match when even Chelsea aren't on every week.
    Every match thats avalible on t.v he never misses one which apprently makes him a better fan than me because i miss 1 or maybe even 2 home games a year...
    Football first
    Every match thats avalible on t.v he never misses one which apprently makes him a better fan than me because i miss 1 or maybe even 2 home games a year...
    Which you would of course watch if they were on TV.

• Ask him some historical questions about Chelsea, or to name some of their youth players. In other words find out how much he really knows about the Club. Name three Directors, who were their top scorers for the last three years ? You will probably find that all he really knows is how many pints he consumes during a game, and what are his faviurite crisps.
  • Tell him he isn't a Chelsea supporter, he's a Sky supporter.
    Instead of giving his time and money to the club he "loves" he gives it to Rupert f*cking Murdoch, Jeff Stelling and Jamie Redknap.
    Tell him he might as well walk around wearing a shirt with the Sky logo over his heart and "Murdoch 1" on the back.
    Tell him he disgusts me.
    Then chin him.