Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradford v Crawley last night - Brawl *now with added cardigan chat

JTJT
edited March 2012 in Other Football and Sports
Parky out.

They now go to Plymouth with 3 of their back 5 suspended. Oh dear. Leon Clarke scored for Crawley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17441660

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-b7yoYLEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Comments

• I saw this last night.

Definately lots of proper punches being thrown and connecting.
  • Can see the Old Bill/Crime Prosecution Service getting involved in this........on first viewing it looks like 28, in the white shirt, looks he might be up before the beak sometime soon!
  • Can see the Old Bill/Crime Prosecution Service getting involved in this........on first viewing it looks like 28, in the white shirt, looks he might be up before the beak sometime soon!
    He looks like he should be up in front of the dietician(sp).
  • edited March 2012
    Can see the Old Bill/Crime Prosecution Service getting involved in this........on first viewing it looks like 28, in the white shirt, looks he might be up before the beak sometime soon!
    Number 4 Crawley definitely stopped a right hander and gave a couple back. The keeper also traded a few.
    And the Gk in the green who comes steaming in and lands a good one on one of the Crawley lads.

Clarke wasn't involved as he was 10 yards away from the incident and by the time he got there it was all over. ;-)
  • Isn't the big 28 a former stripey nigel ?
  • If I may get serious for a moment, what does this do to youngsters watching ? I was at the Cobdown two Summers ago when a whole team attacked the opposing Goalkeeper, and one of them who apparently trained as a Boxer whacked a parent and laid his son out unconcious. Someone called the Police who came in force along with an Ambulance, and the guilty lad tried to get away with his Dad, but we blocked his exit and he was taken away in handcuffs. For a man of my age it is very sad to see how standards of behaviour have dropped during my lifetime.
  • Saw the clip on TV this morning - I feel sorry for the officials - how do they deal with that?
  • edited March 2012
    Saw the clip on TV this morning - I feel sorry for the officials - how do they deal with that?
    In retrospect from the safety of the dressing room where 5 red cards were dished out after studying the video replay!
  • Granpa

There has been flair ups going on in sunday morning football for yonks i dont think it has changed that much
  • Sponsored links:

• Video has been taken off youtube by Football league - still on that bbc link though
  • the 28 absolute pussy. throws a forearm and then backs off when he's twice the size of everyone else.

once he thrown the forearm he should be steaming into people. fuckin tart.
  • the 28 absolute pussy. throws a forearm and then backs off when he's twice the size of everyone else.

once he thrown the forearm he should be steaming into people. fuckin tart.
    No doubt nolly will have something to say about that!

• the 4 does the goalie tho after getting cheap shotted
  • the 4 does the goalie tho after getting cheap shotted
    yeah he holds the keeper and gives him a few digs

i would have been with clarke looking the other way
  • JTJT
    edited March 2012
    Crawley manager Steve Evans said he saw a Bradford player throw a punch. He added: "I think it was handbags, with a lot of pushing and shoving''
  • the booooooing was good
  • Bradford were unbeaten in 11 at home before that.
  • crawley number 4 looks to be bang in trouble, as i always say if you did that in bexleyheath on a saturday night you would be looking at doing some bird, do it on the pitch and you get a ban and a fine, cant be right. duncan ferguson was the only player to get a prison sentance wasnt he for on an field attack?
  • It's something that happens regulary on a sunday morning unfortunately. I was reffing a game a few seasons back which resulted in a free for all with all players, subs, coaches and supporters kicking ten bells out of each other. A woman ran over to me asking what I was going to do about it and called me a coward for standing by and watching. It was filmed by someone on the sidelines and the video was used as evidence at the F.A and in court (where 4 players were charged with assault, 2 of which got sent down). Both teams were kicked out of the league and around 15 players were banned for life.

The biggest outrage however was that I didn't get paid...................................
  • Sponsored links:

• If I may get serious for a moment, what does this do to youngsters watching ? I was at the Cobdown two Summers ago when a whole team attacked the opposing Goalkeeper, and one of them who apparently trained as a Boxer whacked a parent and laid his son out unconcious. Someone called the Police who came in force along with an Ambulance, and the guilty lad tried to get away with his Dad, but we blocked his exit and he was taken away in handcuffs. For a man of my age it is very sad to see how standards of behaviour have dropped during my lifetime.
    Was this during your lifetime? Nostagia isn't what it used to be...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wyp-xT4sMU

• looks more entertaining than most league 2 matches..
    On pitch flair ups have been going on as long as I can recall. In the 90s I played in a team at Bellingham that got booted out of the league midseason. Battles during and after matches were a regular feature. God knows why anyone refs or runs clubs at that level, it's horrendous.

Completely different story it being a pro club, but whenever old commentators get misty eyed about the good old days it's usually because you could hit the opposition harder and get away with it. Several flare ups happened: the battle of Santiago, the Man U Arsenal game that lead to points deductions, and that's not getting into what happened in the fourth division before there were camera.
  • Whether they go down or just stay up it sums up how bad parkinson is as a manager to have the biggest club in that league down there. Worst charlton manager ever truly shit
  • Boring, let's use a fight on the pitch as a reason to dig at Parkinson.
  • parky is a nice bloke
  • parky should have gone with pardew, we didnt have the cash to stump up for a new manager or to take a risk, so he was left in charge, the rott had already set in and he did the best with what he had available, im sure if he had been given the funds powelly has had then he would have done a simular job, but as said lets not make this a parky is shite thread.
  • Thought the punches didn't have much technique, arm punches rather than any real body movement behind them.
  • Boring, let's use a fight on the pitch as a reason to dig at Parkinson.
    Don't take everything so seriously!
  • edited March 2012
    parky should have gone with pardew, we didnt have the cash to stump up for a new manager or to take a risk, so he was left in charge, the rott had already set in and he did the best with what he had available, im sure if he had been given the funds powelly has had then he would have done a simular job, but as said lets not make this a parky is shite thread.
    Oh go on, I haven't got much to do today..........anyway I'm still banned by Henry from mentioning the previous manager's name so unfortunately I won't be able to contribute.